MN&UK

Million Fiance/Spouse March on Washington

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
In addition, it might be prudent to send a letter to the USCIS Ombudsman

A bunch of us did it last year when the CSC slowed to a halt, I'm not sure if it helped but it didn't hurt either.

I sent a letter to the ombudsman, but never received a response. Did you get any response?

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a website. We can then send out press releases to major newspapers/media outlets/senators.

We can put letters & pictures on it.

I'm in for whatever you do.

Cool, let me see what I come up with. It might take a few, but I will investigate.

I'm not sure that Ewok would let us do anything here, but it ideal since we are already all here.

You can use ours:

http://www.americanfamiliesunited.com

I'd encourge you all to join the forum on our site as well. I can set things up however you need to do it to support the effort.

This is what we are all about.

Regarding the media, it's tough to get the attention with a rally on your own, unless you have a lot of people. But if you go to one of the larger rallies, it is relatively easy to get media coverage, because 95% of the country thinks there are no issues when a citizen is involved. This is something we've learned from experience. We did our own events on Mother's Day earlier in the year, but getting media attention was difficult. Going to the larger rallies and either talking about our issues or holding signs with pictures of separated family members has been productive for everybody who has tried it.

There are actually a couple of rallies in DC coming up soon: both in the first week of September. We have tentative plans to go to one of them. I sent an email to the address posted in this thread and haven't heard anything back. We'd really like to coordinate efforts.

By the way, this is just a side comment, but one of the posts said that the protests were ineffective because they killed the immigration legislation. This was actually the goal of the rallies -- to stop HR 4437. I think that legislation would have been enacted into law without the rallies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We need a website. We can then send out press releases to major newspapers/media outlets/senators.

We can put letters & pictures on it.

I'm in for whatever you do.

Cool, let me see what I come up with. It might take a few, but I will investigate.

I'm not sure that Ewok would let us do anything here, but it ideal since we are already all here.

You can use ours:

http://www.americanfamiliesunited.com

I'd encourge you all to join the forum on our site as well. I can set things up however you need to do it to support the effort.

This is what we are all about.

Regarding the media, it's tough to get the attention with a rally on your own, unless you have a lot of people. But if you go to one of the larger rallies, it is relatively easy to get media coverage, because 95% of the country thinks there are no issues when a citizen is involved. This is something we've learned from experience. We did our own events on Mother's Day earlier in the year, but getting media attention was difficult. Going to the larger rallies and either talking about our issues or holding signs with pictures of separated family members has been productive for everybody who has tried it.

There are actually a couple of rallies in DC coming up soon: both in the first week of September. We have tentative plans to go to one of them. I sent an email to the address posted in this thread and haven't heard anything back. We'd really like to coordinate efforts.

By the way, this is just a side comment, but one of the posts said that the protests were ineffective because they killed the immigration legislation. This was actually the goal of the rallies -- to stop HR 4437. I think that legislation would have been enacted into law without the rallies.

Thanks, I will check it out. The rallies worked, I agree. They bought themselves a lot of time to stay illegally in hopes for eventual emancipation.

March 9 - filed I-129F to Nebraska

March 15 - NOA#1

June 1 - transferred to CSC

July 11 - IMBRA RFE back with CSC

August 3 - NOA#2

August 6 - touched

Ummmm....when were you planning this march in DC?

Congress Summer Recess (both houses)

Sun Jul 30 - Tue Sep 5, 2006

I think there are going to be two: one on the 4th and one on the 7th. Other groups are doing the main organizing. Our plans are not finalized.

Email me if your interested: randall [at] americanfamiliesunited [dot] com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I think there are going to be two: one on the 4th and one on the 7th. Other groups are doing the main organizing. Our plans are not finalized.

I assume this is August? Why would you march when they aren't in DC?

OR

I assume this is September? Why a protest on the 4th? Congress might be back in DC from their summer recess but they will be in their homes not at work so why protest then? Don't you want them to be there?

I assume this is August? Why would you march when they aren't in DC?

OR

I assume this is September? Why a protest on the 4th? Congress might be back in DC from their summer recess but they will be in their homes not at work so why protest then? Don't you want them to be there?

September. I think the date we choose to participate in will have more to do with when our members can join in than anything else. But, yes, it's better to do it while they are there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.