ioukta

Has anyone here refused to get vaccinated

148 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

How did it work for you?

Since vaccination is, by the constitution in the US, only voluntary and not at all legally obligatory, I assume for the visa it is also possible to refuse vaccination completely.

I read you can wait until you get in the US to get them done for your AOS. I guess it would be easier THEN to use that part of the constitution to say no to do it.

Has anyone done it at their medical in their country? said they'd rather do it in the US?

Im in Paris just called the doctor to ask just FMY and she said yes i can say no, but since it will be asked in the US i might as well have it done (PS she doesn't know i intend to use a couple ammendments lol)

She also said they could REQUIRE it for the visa. Does anyone know if i can do like they do in schools in the US just say I don't legally have to and they just ake me sign a waiver?

Anyone knows the legal ways one can use?

PS please no need to tell me how great and useful it is to get vaccinated and how i am crazy not to get it. lool

Have a wonderful week everybody

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
What kind of visa are you applying for??

Im so sorry i thought it said

K1 visa

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You are the beneficiary applying for a visa to come to the US. You are not a US citizen so you can't use the law to refuse vaccincations. if you want to come here on a K-1, get married and file for an adjustment of status you are going to have to meet the vaccination requirements for the paperwork or you won't get approved...

Timeline
You are the beneficiary applying for a visa to come to the US. You are not a US citizen so you can't use the law to refuse vaccincations. if you want to come here on a K-1, get married and file for an adjustment of status you are going to have to meet the vaccination requirements for the paperwork or you won't get approved...

ok then if i can't use my hopefully future country's laws, i can certainly use other laws

or if not who has decided to get their vaccines done in the US and not their country?

(ETA : just changed my profile, thank u for reminding me)

Edited by ioukta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would think that it would be much cheaper to get them in your country than in the US but you can get them in the US if you prefer. When you go to file the AOS, you have to meet with a civil surgeon here in the US. Whether you have had vaccinations or not and they can administer them to you at that time. You can come here without having the vaccinations but the forms required for the AOS are going to have to be signed off on by a civil surgeon who is not going to sign the documents for you (which are required) if you have no proof of having the required vaccinations. It is your choice, have them in France and bring the paperwork with you showing that you had them or get them here...

ok then if i can't use my hopefully future country's laws, i can certainly use other laws

or if not who has decided to get their vaccines done in the US and not their country?

(ETA : just changed my profile, thank u for reminding me)

You must comply with requirements govern the process of your K1, shouldn't be an issue unless you have something not willing to share with the US Goverment, but at this point they do require your vaccination card and must meet their criteria. I am sure, will be less complicated and less expensive in your home land.

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Their is a waiver you could try and use but you have to prove beond a doubt that it is against your religeion to get it and even then they can still sometimes deny it, the waiver also costs around 500$ I believe.

Not sure how much vaccines are in france but if i think you are talking about the gardasil one in america they usually go for about 160$ each. I had my first shot done in canada for 130$ at my medical for my K-1. that was the only shot that they told me was " required " as an absolute. I did have the rest of the needed shots but they had also told me that its posible to get the others done in america when I moved there, but if no gardasil then no AOS.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
Why do you not want to get the vaccines?

You can't just say you don't want them, you know.

Well technically they could say no. Just like that one girl who did recently and who has been denyed for refusing. But like I said by saying no they would be denyed. lol

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline
Why do you not want to get the vaccines?

You can't just say you don't want them, you know.

I do not want them for both health reasons as i don't believe they are healthy and for religious reasons

All vaccines are made in violation of God's Word. Vaccines are made with toxic chemicals that are injected into the bloodstream by vaccination. All vaccines are made with foreign proteins (viruses and bacteria), and some vaccines are made with genetically engineered viral and bacterial materials.

A conflict arises if you believe that man is made in God's image and the injection of toxic chemicals and foreign proteins into the bloodstream is a violation of God's directive to keep the body/temple holy and free from impurities.

A conflict arises if you accept God's warning not to mix the blood of man with the blood of animals. Many vaccines are produced in animal tissues.

A conflict arises if your religious convictions are predicated on the belief that all life is sacred. God's commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill" applies to the practice of abortion. When you believe that the practice of abortion should not be encouraged or supported in any way, a conflict arises with the use of vaccines produced in aborted fetal tissue even though you did not have any other connection with the abortions from which the vaccines are derived.

My body is a temple i do not want to dirty with chemicals which is why i do not take any medication either, i rely on natural medication such as herbs a good diet and prayer since the Lord is my only doctor

Haha look what i just found

Question: Can I Refuse to be Vaccinated on Religious or Moral Grounds?

Answer:

You may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement if the vaccinations would be against your religious beliefs or moral convictions.

You will need to submit Form I-160 Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility with evidence to show that you are opposed to vaccinations in any form; the objection is based on religious belief or moral conviction; and the belief or conviction is sincere.

Source: USCIS

oh wow it IS 545$ lol

smh anything to make money lol

Timeline
Haha look what i just found

Question: Can I Refuse to be Vaccinated on Religious or Moral Grounds?

Answer:

You may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement if the vaccinations would be against your religious beliefs or moral convictions.

You will need to submit Form I-160 Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility with evidence to show that you are opposed to vaccinations in any form; the objection is based on religious belief or moral conviction; and the belief or conviction is sincere.

Source: USCIS

oh wow it IS 545$ lol

smh anything to make money lol

yea thats teh waiver i was talking about, had a feeling it was around 500$! but even still just know that if you file it they can still choose to refuse the waiver!! -_-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know some women who were pregnant at the time of the visa medical and thus did not do vaccinations in their home country, and one who stated she wanted to get pregnant asap and thus refused an MMR booster (after that, you are not supposed to get pregnant for 3 months), but they all did them before AOS in the USA. We have had a few cases on here of people asking about refusing vaccinations, but none of them were successful with their waiver/ appeal of denial as far as I know.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
I know some women who were pregnant at the time of the visa medical and thus did not do vaccinations in their home country, and one who stated she wanted to get pregnant asap and thus refused an MMR booster (after that, you are not supposed to get pregnant for 3 months), but they all did them before AOS in the USA. We have had a few cases on here of people asking about refusing vaccinations, but none of them were successful with their waiver/ appeal of denial as far as I know.

Thank you, thanks to you i know that there's a probability of being denied

but man what sense does it make that they could deny me for exercising a right i have in my country (i checked) AND in the country im trying to get in lol

no sense at all

I can say no in France, I can say no in America, but i can't say no between the 2 lol

Timeline

double post

Edited by ioukta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.