151 posts in this topic

I'm sorry about this whole BS that they are putting you through. I can only hope and pray that they issue that visa asap for you after the witch "checks" the details.

Just remember delays are not denials... keep your faith. Always believe in miracles okay?? You and your husband will be home together soon.

-tngirl

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate what this process does sometimes. When good people get caught up and have to wait for their loved ones. It's so heartbreaking to read this. I wish the American public knew what it was like to try to get a loved one over here like this.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Beth,

I'm so sorry about what happened to you. I think you might have to wait a lil' longer and I'll pray for you...g'luck for you and your husband..love will find the way...

smile and cheer up, ok!

Natt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Beth,

I am so sorry to hear of your terrible circumstances. I can't believe that anyone would deny you.

However, I know it is more time and money and effort but I have heard that the people at the Algerian embassy are VERY nice. Maybe you can arrange to interview there next time and they will not be so mean.

If need be, you and I can travel to Algeria together to see our men! If not Algeria, he can meet you in Tunisia where it is much easier to travel to and from.

You WILL see him again! It may take some time but it will happen.

My Ghani is not happy about having to go back to Algeria but it is just what must be done. I know that both you and your husband will do whatever it takes to be together.

If you need me, I'm not too far away from you here in the states. I will come to you if you need a shoulder to cry on. I will also give you my phone number via private message if you just need to vent to someone.

Many people here care about you and your situation. We are all here for you, whatever we can help with.

~Mandy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think they are blowing smoke up your skirt or else they would not have kept his passport.

And I think it's mean, btw.

:thumbs: I couldn't agree more.

Beth, we had a denial, and at that time, through much research, we were told that the consulate cannot deny a visa based on evidence that was presented to the USCIS with the petition that was approved. If this is true, and I believe it is, they are merely searching for something further. Otherwise you would have been given the 221g with notations that they are sending it back to the USCIS.

The visa expiration is another issue however. Can you contact the DOS and give them a rundown of your case, and ask if he is sent back to Algeria if they will transfer his case to the consulate there? Don't give up hope girl....you are still in the game!

Also, for your information, we overcame our denial and he has been here now for almost 3 years. So get your strength back and get back to the fight.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I think they are blowing smoke up your skirt or else they would not have kept his passport.

And I think it's mean, btw.

:thumbs: I couldn't agree more.

Beth, we had a denial, and at that time, through much research, we were told that the consulate cannot deny a visa based on evidence that was presented to the USCIS with the petition that was approved. If this is true, and I believe it is, they are merely searching for something further. Otherwise you would have been given the 221g with notations that they are sending it back to the USCIS.

The visa expiration is another issue however. Can you contact the DOS and give them a rundown of your case, and ask if he is sent back to Algeria if they will transfer his case to the consulate there? Don't give up hope girl....you are still in the game!

Also, for your information, we overcame our denial and he has been here now for almost 3 years. So get your strength back and get back to the fight.

Yes that is very true, and that is what Mr. Ellis "immigration attorney" told me, and that is why when we filed the petition, I wrote a 3 page coversheet explaining all of what happened with our petition we withdrew in June 2008. We hid nothing!!!

Still no word from Embassy today, it is 5:30 in Paris now, closed for the day, will track on the Chronpost in a while to see if any movement, and they still have not contacted my husband, they have his passport.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
Firstly, I'm sorry it has taken me this long to post, Ive been num, and still not myself.

We interviewed, and both of us were grilled till well done on both sides, we were there for about 3 hours.

The wicked witch from Wizard Of Oz is alive and well and is the one who interviewed us.

Short story, No approval, No denial, and No AP/AR we are in limbo land. WW said they will call my husband

They do have my husbands passport, even when I asked the Wicked witch of the East, "Are you going to keep my husbands passport?" She replied, "Well we like to give them back since they need them" but she made no motion to hand it back to me or to him, they have it. I fly back to USA tomorrow, alone and broken hearted, not know when I will see my husband again, and our fate ahead of us. This process is heartbreaking, my heart can not take anymore.

I need some time, and will post with progress. I thank all of you VJer's for your kindness, love and support you have given us.

There is nothing left in me, but sadness , and emptyness.

God Bless.

Beth

Nooooooooooooooo!! that is very sad to hear. I hope and pray that they will approve you soon. I am thinking positive since they kept his passport back. Beth, calling this evening...

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

(F) Stay strong

Jackie

UPDATE: 3 full business days now since interview, hubby emailed me, wrote, "no call today from embassy," and I see no movement on the Chronopost package we had to give to embassy to send visa.

Hubby is worried, they will wait till his French residency card expires, then send back his passport .

Would embassy do that?, since they infact know that his French card expires Nov. 6th and HAS TO leave France???

Dont the embassy has to show they perfomed Due Dillerence? I think so!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
(F) Stay strong

Jackie

UPDATE: 3 full business days now since interview, hubby emailed me, wrote, "no call today from embassy," and I see no movement on the Chronopost package we had to give to embassy to send visa.

Hubby is worried, they will wait till his French residency card expires, then send back his passport .

Would embassy do that?, since they infact know that his French card expires Nov. 6th and HAS TO leave France???

Question, if they send back the passport... Does his application then get transferred to Algeria? Or what happens to it?

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes Paris...

Please explain. He has to go back to Algeria on the 6th, so would that mean that he has to interview again? WHat would happen?

maybe if you gave us more info, we could help out a bit more?

Best to you... .

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Timeline
(F) Stay strong

Jackie

Beth -

Is Mr. Ellis still representing you?

I presume you and your husband pointed out to the ConOff at his interview that the French Residency Card expires November 6?

What is going on here (by the US embassy holding the passport) is that the US government is potentially mucking about with a matter between an Algerian citizen and the French government.

If Mr. Ellis is still representing you, I think it's time he made a phone call and pointed that out to someone in authority.

(F) Stay strong

Jackie

Question, if they send back the passport... Does his application then get transferred to Algeria? Or what happens to it?

I dont know, he thinks they will wait for his French card to expire, then transfer all to Algeria! and that will accomplish nothing. They will approve visa or deny visa, OR send it all to Washington for further processing. I dont know what will happen.

Truly happy!!!

(F) Stay strong

Jackie

Beth -

Is Mr. Ellis still representing you?

I presume you and your husband pointed out to the ConOff at his interview that the French Residency Card expires November 6?

What is going on here (by the US embassy holding the passport) is that the US government is potentially mucking about with a matter between an Algerian citizen and the French government.

If Mr. Ellis is still representing you, I think it's time he made a phone call and pointed that out to someone in authority.

Mr. Ellis is not representing us, he kindly told me what I needed to do when we filed this petition. There was several emails back and forth between us on this matter. He was kind enough to help and offer advise before we re-filed.

Yes embassy knows his card expires soon, and also, why they gave us a earlier interivew date just for this reason.

They are well aware of the situation, and was even brought up at the interview.

Yes Paris...

Please explain. He has to go back to Algeria on the 6th, so would that mean that he has to interview again? WHat would happen?

maybe if you gave us more info, we could help out a bit more?

Best to you... .

LGG

I dont know what will happen if they transfer to Algeria. Im not sure what other info. I can give so VJer's can help.

I did a complete posting of the events of interview, I dont know, maybe you missed my long posting?

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.