151 posts in this topic

(F) Stay strong

Jackie

UPDATE: 3 full business days now since interview, hubby emailed me, wrote, "no call today from embassy," and I see no movement on the Chronopost package we had to give to embassy to send visa.

Hubby is worried, they will wait till his French residency card expires, then send back his passport .

Would embassy do that?, since they infact know that his French card expires Nov. 6th and HAS TO leave France???

Dont the embassy has to show they perfomed Due Dillerence? I think so!

Beth -

Is Mr. Ellis still representing you?

I presume you and your husband pointed out to the ConOff at his interview that the French Residency Card expires November 6?

What is going on here (by the US embassy holding the passport) is that the US government is potentially mucking about with a matter between an Algerian citizen and the French government.

If Mr. Ellis is still representing you, I think it's time he made a phone call and pointed that out to someone in authority.

Who can I contact at State Department on this matter? or a phone number to guide in me right direction please.

Or shall I contact USCIS Washington DC as before?

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
(F) Stay strong

Jackie

UPDATE: 3 full business days now since interview, hubby emailed me, wrote, "no call today from embassy," and I see no movement on the Chronopost package we had to give to embassy to send visa.

Hubby is worried, they will wait till his French residency card expires, then send back his passport .

Would embassy do that?, since they infact know that his French card expires Nov. 6th and HAS TO leave France???

Beth -

I presume you and your husband pointed out to the ConOff at his interview that the French Residency Card expires November 6?

What is going on here (by the US embassy holding the passport) is that the US government is potentially mucking about with a matter between an Algerian citizen and the French government.

If Mr. Ellis is still representing you, I think it's time he made a phone call and pointed that out to someone in authority.

Who can I contact at State Department on this matter? or a phone number to guide in me right direction please.

If you still have the contact info from Washington DC... since you cleared it through them the first time I would contact them at this point and see what they can do for you... At least for you to know what it happening and what they believe your options are (from the US govt point of view)... Also, if mr Ellis might have a contact number he could share with you, since he was pretty helpful before?

I know you also sent a fax to the embassy before, perhaps write a letter inquiring about the case and the status of your husband in France and the passport issue and fax it to the embassy in Paris???

I would not rule out a call to my senator or congressman too!

Whatever it takes!!!! you go girl!!! Get your man!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Other Timeline
(F) Stay strong

Jackie

Beth -

I wouldn't contact them myself. I'd have Ellis do it.

You can probably retain him over the phone with a credit card.

This is not an area you should go into on your own. You need someone who can do 'consular speak' with the right people. You need an expert.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hang in there! I'd take it as a good sign that they kept his passport.

To me, it sounds like you are in AP. You stated that she said they had to check for bigamy? You included a cover sheet explaining everything but anybody can write those things down. I would imagine they would have to verify everything by whatever means they use before giving the visa.

I know this can be hard but hang in there. It seems a lot of people (incl. me) have or are going through AP/AR for whatever unknown reasons there may be. I just looked at it as furthur checks after the interview. I mean, why would they do all those checks if they thought the actual relationship wasn't real? It seems the interview is to determine that. That way of thinking helped get me through. Of course the first 2 weeks were the hardest.

Hang in there! I'd take it as a good sign that they kept his passport.

To me, it sounds like you are in AP. You stated that she said they had to check for bigamy? You included a cover sheet explaining everything but anybody can write those things down. I would imagine they would have to verify everything by whatever means they use before giving the visa.

I know this can be hard but hang in there. It seems a lot of people (incl. me) have or are going through AP/AR for whatever unknown reasons there may be. I just looked at it as furthur checks after the interview. I mean, why would they do all those checks if they thought the actual relationship wasn't real? It seems the interview is to determine that. That way of thinking helped get me through. Of course the first 2 weeks were the hardest.

Very easy done, they can do a back ground check, or check with the District Attorneys office in Harris County Texas.

They gave us nothing, no AP or a 221G form, just the words, You are not approved or denied!! Will call your husband, and they asked when I was leaving France.

Very good point on what you mentioned on the coversheet, :thumbs: I did not look at it that way, thank you for mentioning that!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Oh dear. I'm so sorry, Beth. But you have two divorce decrees, right? Surely, it's not a crime to marry three men? And you married your current husband "again" after divorcing the very first one? And if you disclosed all this information to the immigration authorities, then I don't see how they can refuse you. They AT LEAST have to make a decision either way. So, this is WHY they grilled you for 3 hours? Keep the faith, dear. Good news will SURELY come your way.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Oh dear. I'm so sorry, Beth. But you have two divorce decrees, right? Surely, it's not a crime to marry three men? And you married your current husband "again" after divorcing the very first one? And if you disclosed all this information to the immigration authorities, then I don't see how they can refuse you. They AT LEAST have to make a decision either way. So, this is WHY they grilled you for 3 hours? Keep the faith, dear. Good news will SURELY come your way.

Myself and my husband were interview seprately, each for about 1 hour each.

Yes I have my 2 divorce decrees, and USCIS had them, and originals were given at the interview. She asked every question imaginable, from who filed for divorce, to what do I think of my husbands work history, education, etc, they even asked what my husbands brothers and sisters do for a living. He told them, I noticed one thing, that interviewer was also hard on the person before our interview, he applied for a visitors visa, she was plain and simple TOUGH!!!! It was awful of how she was with that man, I dont think he was approved.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Myself and my husband were interview seprately, each for about 1 hour each.

Yes I have my 2 divorce decrees, and USCIS had them, and originals were given at the interview. She asked every question imaginable, from who filed for divorce, to what do I think of my husbands work history, education, etc, they even asked what my husbands brothers and sisters do for a living. He told them, I noticed one thing, that interviewer was also hard on the person before our interview, he applied for a visitors visa, she was plain and simple TOUGH!!!! It was awful of how she was with that man, I dont think he was approved.

Well, fingers crossed fro good news (or any news) tomorrow for ya!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Beth, my husband was told that if the background check that they do is clear then they will send the visa in the passport. They possibly could be doing that and will send the passport after. I would only start to worry after 5 days or so. (F)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Beth,

I remember once you sent me a link or document that was circulated by the State department to all its posts on how to handle an immigrant visa interview. Oh, I think it was an article by Mark Ellis on State department circulation instructing why and how a consular could not deny already approved petition by the USCIS. Specifically I remember one line that said the denial needs to be based on the material facts that were not "...readily available to USCIS at the time of approval of the Petition..."

My point? well, I do not think the embassy has any facts unknown to USCIS in your case. Therefore, keep your chin up. You will hear the great news soon. I know soon we all here at VJ will see a new topic in Bold and Caps read " OMG!! WE ARE APPROVED - by Paris- Heart-Mended"

I look forward to that call at 2 AM. The French embassy has no choice but to approve you

NOA1 recieved NOV 8, 2008

Approval: approval email "Approval Notice Sent on July 6." Hard copy recieved on July 11

NVC:

NVC Case Number Assigned- July 16th, 2009

DS-3032/AOS Generated- July 21st, 2009

DS-3032 - Emailed today7/22/09, got auto response

Recieved AOS fee bill and original DS-3032 in mail and AOS Paid- 7/24/09

AOS Bill Shows as PAID -7/25/09

printed coversheets for AOS- 7/25/09

I-864 Package Generated - no need/online payment

Mailed I-864 Package and DS-3032- Expressed mailed USPS 7/27/09

I-864 Package Received at NVC - 7/28/09, at 11:22 AM

DS-3032 accepted and IV bill generated - 7/29/09

Paid IV Bill -7/29/09, at 8:40 AM EDT

IV Bill Show as PAID - 7/30/29. printed the Reciepts . mailing civil docs ( AVR says Waiting for Biographic documents from the petitioner )

Mailed (DS-230) IV Package - 7/31/09

NVC Rcieved IV package: Aug 4, 2009

RFE email recieved ( AOS) : Aug 7, on child case . Need I-864w not I-864 ( those applying for children be warned)

Fedexed I 864w : 08/07/09 with the bar coded page

RFE recieved by NVC: 08/10/09

Called NVC and confirmed not in AP: Aug 24

CASE COMPLETE- Aug 26/ 2009

Interview email recieved : Sept 2, Interview date is Oct 14

Medical completed: Sep 7, all negative. Sealed report on Oct 8.

VISA approved , 23 Oct

passport picked up , 26 Oct

POE and US Entered, 31 Oct.

Beth,

I remember once you sent me a link or document that was circulated by the State department to all its posts on how to handle an immigrant visa interview. Oh, I think it was an article by Mark Ellis on State department circulation instructing why and how a consular could not deny already approved petition by the USCIS. Specifically I remember one line that said the denial needs to be based on the material facts that were not "...readily available to USCIS at the time of approval of the Petition..."

My point? well, I do not think the embassy has any facts unknown to USCIS in your case. Therefore, keep your chin up. You will hear the great news soon. I know soon we all here at VJ will see a new topic in Bold and Caps read " OMG!! WE ARE APPROVED - by Paris- Heart-Mended"

I look forward to that call at 2 AM. The French embassy has no choice but to approve you

Mohan, as I sit in my office today, watching my co-workers tip toe around me, I wrote out the possible verdicts in this case.

A. Approval

B. Denial

C. Denial banned from USA

D. AP/AR sending petition to D.C.

I dont know what will happen, I dont care what happens to me, its my husband is what I care about. I just want him happy, safe, and well.

From verdict B to D, I will not survive this, and it will be all my fault. I need time, I should not of even reported to work today, so Im taking a leave from work and VJ till I know what our future holds. I have reached my breaking point.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Be well, dear Paris. Take the time off. You need it. Everything will be okay.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Why would you think it's a denial with a permanent bar from the US? There's absolutely nothing you've told us about your case to even suggest such a thing.

You also left off an approval pending AR/AP. Just because the case goes into AP does not mean it is returned to the US.

Beth - you aren't thinking clearly at all. I'd be a mess myself but you are letting this get the best of you. Please get someone to help you with your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.