33 posts in this topic

He came on a K3 not a K1 so they could have been married for 50 years and still be in AOS stage

That doesn't sound right??? Whether he came on K1 or K3, after entering US, he still has 90 days before the I-94 expires & so therefore needs to apply for AOS, otherwise he's out of status.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Angel what do you know of the case? For instance has it been transfered to the California Service Center? If it has not been transferred then you both would have to go to an interview for him to get approved.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
He came on a K3 not a K1 so they could have been married for 50 years and still be in AOS stage

That doesn't sound right??? Whether he came on K1 or K3, after entering US, he still has 90 days before the I-94 expires & so therefore needs to apply for AOS, otherwise he's out of status.

The OP said they were married for 5 years, she didn't say when he officially entered on the K3 that's what i'm getting at.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

That is true for K1s, but I believe it is not true for K3s.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

well , if u didnt marry him in morocco of course he could get married there coz there is nothing that prove that he is already married , and about the engage it is not a big deal he can have what he want since there is nothing against him there that prove he is amrried already and since the girl s family accepted that

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is true for K1s, but I believe it is not true for K3s.

We were married in Morocco he arrived here in the US in march of 2007 his I-94 is expired he got engaged to this moroccan woman in dec of 08 and came back to the US in jan of 09 and in feb of this year he went to Boston and lived there till may he didn't notify uscis or the co-sponsor or dhs

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I didn't know that he got engaged wev'e been married for almost 5 years he went to Morocco in dec of 08 to jan of 09 and got engaged while is was there we are still married he hasn't been approved yet for AOS

I'm almost sure it's a wedding she wore a veil and he placed a ring on her finger, she also wore 2 different gowns and they had gifts also

I do have proof I have pictures and it will be sent to USCIS I was also told to withdraw the Affidavit of support which will be done this week.

marrying another girl, or even engaging to one, invalidates your marriage, and thereby his reason for immigrating to USA. his case will not be approved if your evidence is presented in time. send it NOW.

present your evidence to USCIS with a cover letter that gives a timeline of events pont by point. include a note in the cover letter that you are filing for divorce and will copy them. send this ASAP. file for divorce (or annulment) and send copies of that filing to USCIS also.

kick the jerk to the curb. he was just using you to get immigration status in the USA so that he could import his "real wife" and they could have a "better life" together. harsh words? sure. truth? you bet'cha.

sorry to hear that you gave so much of yourself in an earnest effort at a marriage the other party was just using as a stepping stone. cut him off at the knees in his plan for fraudulent immigration. he deserves it for using you and wasting your time and resources.

Edited by justashooter

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline
When did you file AOS with him?

as of may 2009 he was denied he is suppose to receive a letter by Nov 6th, they reopened his case for another review. I am withdrawing the Affidavit of support and I will also make an Infopass this week, along with the evidence I have.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
When did you file AOS with him?

as of may 2009 he was denied he is suppose to receive a letter by Nov 6th, they reopened his case for another review. I am withdrawing the Affidavit of support and I will also make an Infopass this week, along with the evidence I have.

Wow , he is a bad guy he deserve to go home and be with his Moroccan wife , but i dont think sh ewill stay with him anymore if he leaves the USA :D

Timeline
I didn't know that he got engaged wev'e been married for almost 5 years he went to Morocco in dec of 08 to jan of 09 and got engaged while is was there we are still married he hasn't been approved yet for AOS

I'm almost sure it's a wedding she wore a veil and he placed a ring on her finger, she also wore 2 different gowns and they had gifts also

I do have proof I have pictures and it will be sent to USCIS I was also told to withdraw the Affidavit of support which will be done this week.

marrying another girl, or even engaging to one, invalidates your marriage, and thereby his reason for immigrating to USA. his case will not be approved if your evidence is presented in time. send it NOW.

present your evidence to USCIS with a cover letter that gives a timeline of events pont by point. include a note in the cover letter that you are filing for divorce and will copy them. send this ASAP. file for divorce (or annulment) and send copies of that filing to USCIS also.

kick the jerk to the curb. he was just using you to get immigration status in the USA so that he could import his "real wife" and they could have a "better life" together. harsh words? sure. truth? you bet'cha.

sorry to hear that you gave so much of yourself in an earnest effort at a marriage the other party was just using as a stepping stone. cut him off at the knees in his plan for fraudulent immigration. he deserves it for using you and wasting your time and resources.

Thank You for being understanding to my hurt not only did he engage or married this other moroccan woman in morocco he supposably used her and now he is involved with another woman from Boston who is also muslim we are still married

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
Thank You for being understanding to my hurt not only did he engage or married this other moroccan woman in morocco he supposably used her and now he is involved with another woman from Boston who is also muslim we are still married

Perhaps you should also notify the other women in case they are unaware of each other. Hopefully, the guy will get deported.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

K3's have a validity of 2 years before expiring.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

5 years married and no AOS??????? :wacko:

A married man in any country can "get engaged" to anyone else while married, since "getting engaged" is not a legal process and has no legal standing. It is rather stupid, underhanded, and reprehensible, but not illegal. I suppose trying to go through the AOS process while being engaged to someone other than the petitioner could be considered fraud and THAT would be illegal, but just the act of getting engaged...no.

How is he leaving and returning to the country after 5 years with no AOS???

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.