33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone just 1 question someone told me that it is legal for for a moroccan man while married to a US citizen to get engaged to a moroccan woman while going through the AOS

Not legal.. that would imply marriage fraud.

Hi everyone just 1 question someone told me that it is legal for for a moroccan man while married to a US citizen to get engaged to a moroccan woman while going through the AOS

Not legal.. that would imply marriage fraud.

That's a pretty definitive answer (and wrong) for a question that is only one sentence long. Why would it be illegal to become engaged while married? The OP didn't say they were filing for a new visa or anything - the fact that they are still going through AOS makes no difference.

Might show fraudulent intent, but it's just as likely that it is just another failed relationship.

Edited by LaL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I didn't know that he got engaged wev'e been married for almost 5 years he went to Morocco in dec of 08 to jan of 09 and got engaged while is was there we are still married he hasn't been approved yet for AOS

well that sucks - it's a douchebag move for sure - but not illegal. It;s not like he can file for a potential fiancee while married, so what could be illegal about it? if he married, then thats a different story. still being in the middle of AOS doesn't make a difference.

Timeline
I didn't know that he got engaged wev'e been married for almost 5 years he went to Morocco in dec of 08 to jan of 09 and got engaged while is was there we are still married he hasn't been approved yet for AOS

I'm almost sure it's a wedding she wore a veil and he placed a ring on her finger, she also wore 2 different gowns and they had gifts also

Timeline

I'm almost sure it's a wedding she wore a veil and he placed a ring on her finger, she also wore 2 different gowns and they had gifts also

I do have proof I have pictures and it will be sent to USCIS I was also told to withdraw the Affidavit of support which will be done this week.

Filed: Other Timeline

I know for a fact that many men get married to another woman while they are still married to another woman and it's perfectly legal in their country.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

I do have proof I have pictures and it will be sent to USCIS I was also told to withdraw the Affidavit of support which will be done this week.

Thank You I certainly will I also have pictures of physical abuse by him. Thank You for your help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

if you have any friends there also try getting ahold of the marriege certificate for proof.

also try to get her name and stuff incase he tries to petition for her if he by miricle gets citizenship later.

Edited by Donna A

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First I am very very sorry for what has happened to you..... this is not the first time I have heard this story .... terrified

I am a bit confused tho.... you have been married 5 yrs.. but not approved for AOS, that would mean he is illegal (out of status..) how did he get to remain in the country for so long , legally work, then to travel to Morocco and get back into the US again..... maybe I am missing something ...

hang in there.... be strong...

Amana/Kim

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.