skemper19

NEED ADVISE/ EXPERIENCE!!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Many of you have read my topic about my fiance being denied due to lack of evidence.

Well, in short, he went to the interview, was asked a bunch of questions, showed lots of evidence and then was DENIED, and the Consular Officer said it was due to lack of evidence but then gave him no paperwork, no chance to come back with more evidence (which from what I understand is usual when the CO believes there is not enough evidence). So, after a few days of crying and reading up on all of your advise and help. I sent a letter to the Supervisory Consular Officer (actually two letters, in the past two days) urging him to review our case and at the very least allow us to come back with more evidence. Well, out of the blue, my fiance and I were talking just now and decided to call the Consulate and ask why he wasn't given any paper when he left. They ended up giving him another interview date (according to the person at the Consulate) for August 1 at 1:00 p.m. told him to bring all of the paperwork he had originally brought, plus the more evidence (Oh, boy, they asked for it - I have thousands of e-mails and lots of pictures)...... has anyone heard of this? Could this be that the CO was SUPPOSED to give him a paper with the allowance to return at another time with more evidence? Has anyone heard of this or had this experience???? PLEASE TELL ME ALL!!!!!!!!! Do you think my letters might have worked and they are giving us another opportunity???? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!!!

This time, I will be there with him in that case... it is an unexpected expense but at the very least it could make or break our case. Correct? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS!!!!!!

skemper19 - MIAMI

2-13-2006 - Sent K-1 (I-129F) Petition to TSC

2-15-2006 - LOST EXPRESS MAIL RECEIPT SO I CAN'T EVEN TRACK IT TO CONFIRM IT WAS RECEIVED

2-16-2006 - FOUND MY EXPRESS MAIL RECEIPT!!!! Confirmed I-129F package arrived!! YAY!!!!!!

3-1-2006 - TOUCHED!!!!!! Check cleared the bank, now have case #!!!!

3-2-2006 - TOUCHED AGAIN - RECEIVED NOA1 FROM CSC!!!!!!!!!

4-7-2006 through 4-17-2006 - Visited my baby in Colombia ( Had a GLORIOUS time)

5-2-2006 - TOUCHED by e-mail!!!!! I-129F HAS BEEN APPROVED (5-1-2006)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

5-6-06 - TOUCHED BY SNAIL MAIL - RECEIVED NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!

5-22-06 - Called NVC - RECEIVED PETITION AND SENT TO EMBASSY ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!

5-25-06 - RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC CONFIRMING RECEIPT AND SENDING OF PETITION TO EMBASSY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

6-5-06 - PACKET 3 RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

6-16-05 - PACKET 4 RECEIVED!!!!!!!! Interview scheduled for July 14th!!!!!!!

7-14-06 - VISA DENIED DU TO LACK OF EVIDENCE

8-1-06 - Second interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

9-29-06 - He arrived!!!!

10-19-06 - Married at a small ceremony

11-10-0 - sent AOS package

11-17-06 - RECEIVED NOA1 for AOS and EAD

11-27-06 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPT 4 12-14-06 WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

2-1-07 - RECEIVED E-MAIL THAT EAD WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!

2-3-07 - RECEIVED EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!! Lucked out on that one!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

That's great news.

You may want to try sending a PM to yzuniga here on VJ or on immigrate2us.net - she had a similar experience in Ciudad Juarez and maybe she can give you some insight. GOOD LUCK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also, try and post your questions on the Foreign Consulate forum. Or maybe the regional forum?

Best of luck! It's already great news that they've scheduled another interview. Fingers crossed for you guys.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

If you don't mind me asking,

what was the evidence that you provided? We are going into our interview in a week, and I would really like to know what the embassy saw, and why they would react that way.

Either way, I really wish you the best, and I am sure that you will overcome the objections of the embassy. It is such a shame that a relationship must be reviewed by a governmental agency. I mean, who else has to go through this @#$# in their lives.

Good luck, and hopefully we can give you some more advice.

08/18/2005 Met fiancee in Serbia while backpacking through Europe

12/29/2006 Went back to Belgrade

01/07/2006 Engaged

02/13/2006 Last post for help on VJ before sending out app (not using lawyer)

02/14/2006 Freaked out for a bit, went over whole app a hundred or so times

02/14/2006 I-129F sent to CSC via Express Certified Mail

02/15/2006 "The wayayting is the hardest part." ---Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

02/21/2006 NOA1

02/23/2006 Check Cashed

05/01/2006 NOA2

05/02/2006 E-mail of NOA2 WOOT!!

05/18/2006 NVC recieves and forwards case. Notification via Snail Mail/no e-mail

06/21/2006 Packet 3 Received

06/22/2006 Tickets purchased for 8/16/2006

06/23/2006 Packet 3 Completed and sent.

07/10/2006 Interview date confirmed--July 25, 2006. Yes![/color]

07/15/2006 Packet 4 Received

07/25/2006 Interview Date

7/27/2006 APPROVAL----VISA IN HAND

08/03/2006 Leave for Belgrade

08/23/2006 Married woot.

10/10/2006 Fiancee finally asks what "woot" means

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks so much for your well wishes!!!!

Well, in the original petition we had about 7 photos, about 6 e-mails (translated), copy of my passport showing that I had been there (proof of meeting in the last two years), and the receipts for the airline tickets I had bought for the next two trips, my cell phone bills.

At the interview he brought, more photos (about 10 more), western union receipts (me t him for our savings account), receipts from a service I use to send packages to him, more phone records, more e-mails (about 10). my boarding passes for the next trip I made down there. A quote on our wedding dinner. I think that was it, but it was alot.

I would suggest to you that you bring EVERYTHING, and if you can be there, BE THERE!!!!!!!! This time, they are asking for evidence, they are going to get every single e-mail, photo, EVERYTHING!! And I'm talking thousands of e-mails........ and I will be there with him!!!!!

skemper19 - MIAMI

2-13-2006 - Sent K-1 (I-129F) Petition to TSC

2-15-2006 - LOST EXPRESS MAIL RECEIPT SO I CAN'T EVEN TRACK IT TO CONFIRM IT WAS RECEIVED

2-16-2006 - FOUND MY EXPRESS MAIL RECEIPT!!!! Confirmed I-129F package arrived!! YAY!!!!!!

3-1-2006 - TOUCHED!!!!!! Check cleared the bank, now have case #!!!!

3-2-2006 - TOUCHED AGAIN - RECEIVED NOA1 FROM CSC!!!!!!!!!

4-7-2006 through 4-17-2006 - Visited my baby in Colombia ( Had a GLORIOUS time)

5-2-2006 - TOUCHED by e-mail!!!!! I-129F HAS BEEN APPROVED (5-1-2006)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

5-6-06 - TOUCHED BY SNAIL MAIL - RECEIVED NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!

5-22-06 - Called NVC - RECEIVED PETITION AND SENT TO EMBASSY ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!

5-25-06 - RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC CONFIRMING RECEIPT AND SENDING OF PETITION TO EMBASSY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

6-5-06 - PACKET 3 RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

6-16-05 - PACKET 4 RECEIVED!!!!!!!! Interview scheduled for July 14th!!!!!!!

7-14-06 - VISA DENIED DU TO LACK OF EVIDENCE

8-1-06 - Second interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

9-29-06 - He arrived!!!!

10-19-06 - Married at a small ceremony

11-10-0 - sent AOS package

11-17-06 - RECEIVED NOA1 for AOS and EAD

11-27-06 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPT 4 12-14-06 WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

2-1-07 - RECEIVED E-MAIL THAT EAD WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!

2-3-07 - RECEIVED EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!! Lucked out on that one!!!

It seems to me as if you presented an adequate amount of evidence the first time around. At least, in my experience on this board reading other cases, a lot of people presented the same kind of evidence and were approved. But I am not in any kind of position of authority to judge the incidentals. I mean, I think your case is good for others on this board to read about so we know that we need to bring all that we have just in case the consular officer is not convinced.

I think the fact that you're going to go to the interview with him will speak volumes. If there are any problems at that point, you can ask all of the relevant questions and do your best to convince the consular officer that you are in love with your fiance and cannot wait to marry him!

I wish you all the best!

Good luck!

DCF (Germany)

April 7, 2006 - Married

April 15, 2006 - I-130 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

April 22, 2006 - I-130 returned to us (personal checks not acceptable)

April 24, 2006 - I-130 resubmitted with Credit Card Payment Form

June 14, 2006 - I-130 Approved

June 15, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

June 16, 2006 - OF-169 & Passport (Biographical Page Only) faxed to the Consulate

June 17, 2006 - DS 230 Part 1 & OF-169 mailed to the Consulate

June 26, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

June 27, 2006 - Medical Examination in Berlin

July 21, 2006 - Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

July 21, 2006 - Visa Approved!

August 22, 2006 - America!

July 26, 2008 - I-751 sent to VSC

August 1, 2008 - Check cashed

August 1, 2008 - NOA-1 received

September 9, 2008 - Biometics Appointment

March 12, 2009 - Transfer from VSC to CSC?

March 16, 2009 - Approved (10-year green card should be mailed within 60 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Skemper,

That is fantastic! Good for you for being proactive. Yes, I think your letters (and the phone call) worked. And I think you have the right idea... be there and have everything with you.

Best wishes...

:star:

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Many of you have read my topic about my fiance being denied due to lack of evidence.

Well, in short, he went to the interview, was asked a bunch of questions, showed lots of evidence and then was DENIED, and the Consular Officer said it was due to lack of evidence but then gave him no paperwork, no chance to come back with more evidence (which from what I understand is usual when the CO believes there is not enough evidence). So, after a few days of crying and reading up on all of your advise and help. I sent a letter to the Supervisory Consular Officer (actually two letters, in the past two days) urging him to review our case and at the very least allow us to come back with more evidence. Well, out of the blue, my fiance and I were talking just now and decided to call the Consulate and ask why he wasn't given any paper when he left. They ended up giving him another interview date (according to the person at the Consulate) for August 1 at 1:00 p.m. told him to bring all of the paperwork he had originally brought, plus the more evidence (Oh, boy, they asked for it - I have thousands of e-mails and lots of pictures)...... has anyone heard of this?

yes

Could this be that the CO was SUPPOSED to give him a paper with the allowance to return at another time with more evidence?

well they are supposed to give you SOMETHING by way of an explanation for refusing to issue the visa, but they don't have to give you an opportunity to give more evidence NOW and THERE.

Has anyone heard of this or had this experience???? PLEASE TELL ME ALL!!!!!!!!! Do you think my letters might have worked and they are giving us another opportunity???? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!!!

My thoughts are that I sure wish I had had that opportunity back when we were in that position, and I'm sure other applicants would second my opinion.. GO FOR IT! This is definitely a great opportunity for you.

This time, I will be there with him in that case... it is an unexpected expense but at the very least it could make or break our case. Correct? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS!!!!!!

Yes, your appearance there might help, but it's your fiance's intent that is more likely in question. I will repost this for you.. it's what I will be keeping in mind when I return:

To prepare for interview... well...

Don't just give your SO a list of questions.. go over the questions together. Remember together how you met and fell in love. Make sure your SO knows the names of your family members and any basic details of past marriages. Even if you believe it's not relevant to your current relationship, the info IS usually considered relevant to an interviewing CO. I would recommend practicing the questions a few times with him/her.

One couple I watched go through a rather lengthy interview in Bucharest really irritated the CO because they had absolutely no evidence of relationship to show except a marriage certificate. The CO let them know they had a big problem and she didn't see how she could approve them, then began to ask typical questions in a rather sharp manner (how did you meet, how much time spent together, etc.) Frankly I was embarrased for the treatment they received at our embassy. I'd like to think people could be polite when they represent my country. Their conduct fit this post exactly and they succeeded even with a ticked off CO and not enough evidence. Had they appeared offended or upset, or behaved like there was any problem at all with how they were spoken to, or like they were panicked about being told they weren't going home with a visa BEFORE being questioned, they surely would not have succeeded.

(Yes, sometimes the CO will tell the applicant they are going to deny them, and THEN ask questions.)

THe couple responded to each question amazingly briefly and politely as if they honestly didn't hear how rude and irritated the CO was, and very calm as if they didn't realize they were a hair's breadth from denial. (they were, and I'm sure they did)

What I learned from them was to maintain that there is absolutely no problem, remain calm and pleasant, no matter what is said to you. Even in the event of denial this is a good idea, since it will make resolving consular issues a lot easier the next time around if you run into the same CO.

edit

I still recommend a consultation before you go.

Edited by Jaci

Jaci - Florida , Ciprian - Brasov, Romania

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visiting for a month April 19 '06

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
glad to see that you are being given another interview-good luck :thumbs:

Skemper! Woo! Another interview...del putas! Todo Bien! I didn't end going to Colombia at the end of June, but I am going in August. I will be there when you are going to your interview. Will I see a dump truck unloading evidence of your relationship in front of the embassy?!! :P Hey, if you need Carlos and I there for some kind of support, we will be there! Woman, stay strong...I am so happy you were able to get another interview.

11/03/06: Carlos arrives in the States for the first time

12/05/06: MARRIED MARRIED MARRIED!!!!!

01/11/07: Applied for SSN

01/17/07: Received SS card in snailmail

03/13/07: Submitted AOS and EAD

03/22/07: Received NOA1 for both AOS and EAD in mail

03/24.07: Received Biometrics Appt. letter

04/06/07: Biometrics Appt.

04/07/07: AOS RFE (used an outdated form. argh!)

04/10/07: Mailed RFE

04/18/07: USCIS notes that processing has resumed

06/18/07: EAD received

06/19/07: Greencard!! No interview!

Filed: Timeline

skemper,

The visa application decision process is quite subjective. My belief is that the most significant piece of evidence is the applicant themself. Documentation for the file is essential, but with a little time anyone can create large volumes of appropriate documentation no matter what their true motive.

I think that your presence at the re-interview can be helpful because it may change the dynamic and your fiance may present himself better than he did the first time.

Yodrak

Well, in short, he went to the interview, was asked a bunch of questions, showed lots of evidence and then was DENIED, and the Consular Officer said it was due to lack of evidence but then gave him no paperwork, no chance to come back with more evidence (which from what I understand is usual when the CO believes there is not enough evidence). So, after a few days of crying and reading up on all of your advise and help. I sent a letter to the Supervisory Consular Officer (actually two letters, in the past two days) urging him to review our case and at the very least allow us to come back with more evidence. Well, out of the blue, my fiance and I were talking just now and decided to call the Consulate and ask why he wasn't given any paper when he left. They ended up giving him another interview date (according to the person at the Consulate) for August 1 at 1:00 p.m. told him to bring all of the paperwork he had originally brought, plus the more evidence (Oh, boy, they asked for it - I have thousands of e-mails and lots of pictures)...... has anyone heard of this? Could this be that the CO was SUPPOSED to give him a paper with the allowance to return at another time with more evidence? Has anyone heard of this or had this experience???? PLEASE TELL ME ALL!!!!!!!!! Do you think my letters might have worked and they are giving us another opportunity???? PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!!!

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is great news! I agree with lal_brandow, I wish I had had this information when we were issued a 221g and our case sent back to the CIS.

How did you get this persons information?

Edited by Morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.