skylow777

Just another new guy

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You don't generally deal with CBP for domestic flights. You only deal with the TSA. They want to see identification - not immigration related documents. Even if she used her passport for identification, I'm not sure most TSA agents could recognize an expired visa if they saw one.

That said, I would be careful if I were you. You say you haven't seen her in three years. Did you previously have a relationship with her? Did she contact you 'out of the blue' and mention wanting to see you again? Do you think there's any chance she's trying to rekindle an old relationship for the purpose of marriage and ultimately obtaining a green card?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Timeline

In order to really help you with your question, we would need to know:

- what type of visa she has

- when exactly the visa expired

- when the I-94 (a white card in her passport) expired

- whether or not she has an official job

- if she files for income tax

If her privileged driver license is still valid (not expired), it will be fine for air travel within the United States. If it is expired, she may encounter a problem or not, which depends on whether the airline agent checking her in notices it.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Timeline
You don't generally deal with CBP for domestic flights. You only deal with the TSA. They want to see identification - not immigration related documents. Even if she used her passport for identification, I'm not sure most TSA agents could recognize an expired visa if they saw one.

That said, I would be careful if I were you. You say you haven't seen her in three years. Did you previously have a relationship with her? Did she contact you 'out of the blue' and mention wanting to see you again? Do you think there's any chance she's trying to rekindle an old relationship for the purpose of marriage and ultimately obtaining a green card?

ohh no no we been great freinds for some time now we use to work together we first met back in 2004 we keep in touch everyday we haven't seen each other in like 3 years now so she really wants to come down to see me and i bought a ticket for her she went and got a previlidge liscense they said she can travel with it but shes kinda affraid but no we had no relationship together were best friends

In order to really help you with your question, we would need to know:

- what type of visa she has

- when exactly the visa expired

- when the I-94 (a white card in her passport) expired

- whether or not she has an official job

- if she files for income tax

If her privileged driver license is still valid (not expired), it will be fine for air travel within the United States. If it is expired, she may encounter a problem or not, which depends on whether the airline agent checking her in notices it.

oh no she just renewed it she has her privileged license and they told her she could travel with it and i called and they said its ok but my friend here is kinda on the larry side i just wanna make sure its ok for her with this and its american airlines i just want her to know its ok if not then ill just go get her my self

she renewed her priviledge license but she will a little larry about going through the screening i just want to know are they just wanting just to look at her id with pic gov issued thats all no questions has anyone gone through this before see i don't know because i don't fly i will find out all the other answers to your questions soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate threads on the same topic combined together

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A valid state ID (issued by the DMV) ought to be sufficient for boarding a domestic flight.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

And the use of p.u.n.c.t.u.a.t.i.o.n. helps.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline

Your friend should be fine traveling by flying machine within the United States with her ID.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

if you can't read without puntuations then you really have a problem i can read with or without yea i know i have an art for talent if you don't like it don't read my postings thank you

Posting in a more reader friendly manner will help you to get more responses.

It's a matter of courtesy more than anything else.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
if you can't read without puntuations then you really have a problem i can read with or without yea i know i have an art for talent if you don't like it don't read my postings thank you
Posting in a more reader friendly manner will help you to get more responses. It's a matter of courtesy more than anything else.
Si, man. YOU (original poster) know exactly what you intend to say. We readers don't. In person, if there's a question, we can ask, "What exactly do you mean?" Conversely, we can't query text. Do your readers have to edit mentally and speculate on your meaning? If so, then the more you post, the fewer readers you'll end up having, because readers will become weary of fighting through the distractions in order to grasp your message. For your own benefit, do everything possible to help readers understand your writing upon their first go-through of your text. Be clear, and don't force rereading. Clarity requires sincere attempts at spelling words correctly and using punctuation appropriately. Thank you.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

skylow

hey how r u how is it going what u been up to im gon b happy to answer ur question i dunno why these ppl complaining about punctuation and ###### it is all overrated it is so easy to read w/o it as long as u speak english haha hahaha so yea ur bud shud be able to travel np cuz they dont ask u for immi docs if u just travel domestically man she could travel with any govt issued id as long as its valid so yeah man no prob dont worry about hey i was wondering how come u dont know u never traveled in you life or smth its wierd man and yeah take care peace and all that thank you

Timeline
skylow

hey how r u how is it going what u been up to [...] thank you

Funny when it's intentional, si man. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.