skylow777

Just another new guy

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i make this account because my best friends visa expired and we haven't seen each other in like 3 years i bought her plane ticket to come see me from slc to owensboro she as you can say is considered illigal now :( but.... i know theres somthing else that can be done if there is please let me know i mean she did go to the dmv and got her self a priviledge id and she asked the lady there if she could travel with it just a photo copy i just wanna know is it safe i don't want nothing to go wrong here this is someones best friend here .. does anyone know about this let me know please

thank you very much..

RJ.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
i make this account because my best friends visa expired and we haven't seen each other in like 3 years i bought her plane ticket to come see me from slc to owensboro she as you can say is considered illigal now :( but.... i know theres somthing else that can be done if there is please let me know i mean she did go to the dmv and got her self a priviledge id and she asked the lady there if she could travel with it just a photo copy i just wanna know is it safe i don't want nothing to go wrong here this is someones best friend here .. does anyone know about this let me know please

thank you very much..

RJ.......

No idea what your question is. Please ask a specific question.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from introducing new members forum to General Immigration Discussion forum.

Your question is unclear because your information is unclear. Let me know if this is what you are saying:

I bought a ticket for my best friend to come and visit me. We hadn't seen each other for 3 years. She overstayed her visa and is now out of status in the US (illegal). She has an ID card from the Driver's License Office. Can she use a photocopy of this ID to travel? I don't want anything bad to happen to her because she is my best friend. What can she do to not get into trouble? What can I do to help her?

Is this correct? If so, we need more information before we can offer you advice.

What type of visa did your friend have? When did it expire? Where is she from? When you say 'best friend' do you mean 'girl friend"? Where does she want to travel? (No, a photocopy will not be accepted for any purposes of travel or identification). What are her plans? Does she want to stay in the US or is she planning on going home?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

ok sorry I'll try to be short and specific my best friends visa expired so i take it she officially illegal and i bought her a ticket to get on a plane she went and got an previlidge id but she is affraid to get on the plane because of her visa what can she do will she having any problems with her id does she have to go back and renew her visa in her country what can she do ? she leaves tomorrow 21st is it safe for her right now or should she wait ?

ok sorry I'll try to be short and specific my best friends visa expired so i take it she officially illegal and i bought her a ticket to get on a plane she went and got an previlidge id but she is affraid to get on the plane because of her visa what can she do will she having any problems with her id does she have to go back and renew her visa in her country what can she do ? she leaves tomorrow 21st is it safe for her right now or should she wait ?

Timeline

I'm not sure what she would be waiting for. If her visa is expired that isn't going to fix itself. What sort of visa is she here on?

Timeline
im not quiet sure but i will find out in a few she been here for 6 years plus she just scared to get on the plane tomorrow with her previlidge id i called the airport they say its fine but she don't trust them so...wow im stuck here

Is there a reason she is staying here with an expired visa? If she is looking for advice on how to ultimately remain here illegally, then I would not expect to receive much help. What is the reason for this plane trip?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

where is she going to? back to her home country? then she should be ok. They not gonna stop her from flying back home. she might have a problem or not later when she want another visa, depend on the period of time that she over stay.

10-06-2007 met

10-11-2008 engaged

06-30-2009 married

<<<<<<<>>>>>>

07-17-2009 send out the package (I-130, I-145, I-765) all in one + 2 checks

07-20-2009 package arrived ! signed for by L box

07-27-2009 NOA came in the mail ~ all 3

08-01-2009 received biometrics appointment for August 24, at 3 pm

08-22-2009 wedding party!! (with friends and families)

08-24-2009 Biometrics at USCIS Detroit (took about 15 minutes)

08-31-2009 EAD in hand!!!!! wow (only a week from biometrics!)

09-08-2009 got Interview appointment for Oct 8,09 at 1.00 pm in Detroit !!! YEAH

10-08-2009 Interview Date @ 1 pm @ Detroit

10-08-2009 INTERVIEW.......Approved

On October 8, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

10-13-2009 NOA - welcome to America Letter !

10-19-2009 GREEN CARD in hand ! (done with USCIS , see you again in 1 year and 9 months)

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

9/6/2011 I751 removing of conditions sent

9/10/2011 package delivered

9/14/2011 check cashed

9/17/2011 NOA received...greencard 1 year extended

9/19/2011 Biometrics appointment letter received

10/07/2011 Biometrics

12/07/2011 GreenCard (10years) in mail box :)

WcErm4.png

she is from venezuela the purpose of this trip is because we havent seen each other in like 3 years i had no idea her visa had expired until she told me this is somthing we just don't randomly talk about and she wants to stay here and remain in the US I mean you would think that if your here x amount of years you would be ok but ....apparently not.. we talk to each other everyday all day i will get more information from her about this

Timeline
she is from venezuela the purpose of this trip is because we havent seen each other in like 3 years i had no idea her visa had expired until she told me this is somthing we just don't randomly talk about and she wants to stay here and remain in the US I mean you would think that if your here x amount of years you would be ok but ....apparently not.. we talk to each other everyday all day i will get more information from her about this

I can assure you that simply "waiting out" an expired visa will not eventually solve the problem. She runs the risk of being deported at any time. When she is deported, she will be banned from the country for a length of time proportional to the length of her overstay. It sounds like you are asking how she can continue living here (at least temporarily) with an expired visa. I'm sorry your friend is in the situation, but it isn't right to help you or her continue to willfully violate immigration law. The right thing to do is for her to leave the country. I can't tell you for sure if she will have problems flying domestically. Maybe, maybe not. I do wish you luck and hope you two make the right decision.

Edited by rsn

Timeline
but is it true she has a year to renew from the date of her expiration if so how much of a prob would this be

No. There is no one-year grace-period for renewing expired visas.

Moved from introducing new members forum to General Immigration Discussion forum.

Your question is unclear because your information is unclear. Let me know if this is what you are saying:

I bought a ticket for my best friend to come and visit me. We hadn't seen each other for 3 years. She overstayed her visa and is now out of status in the US (illegal). She has an ID card from the Driver's License Office. Can she use a photocopy of this ID to travel? I don't want anything bad to happen to her because she is my best friend. What can she do to not get into trouble? What can I do to help her?

Is this correct? If so, we need more information before we can offer you advice.

What type of visa did your friend have? When did it expire? Where is she from? When you say 'best friend' do you mean 'girl friend"? Where does she want to travel? (No, a photocopy will not be accepted for any purposes of travel or identification). What are her plans? Does she want to stay in the US or is she planning on going home?

she wants to travel to ky from slc she is from venezuela i will find out when it expired her plans are to remain in the US i will find out excactly which visa she had

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.