74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I've tried really hard to be nice about this but it is becoming more and more difficult at you speak of being a victim and blaming everyone and everything but yourself. I did read your prior posts several times.

1. You made a mistake in filling out the affidavit of support. Failure to follow the instructions. This is why you received the RFE. Your prior post explained to you in detail the errors made. You responded the USCIS was just pranking you and they should have spent the extra time to try to determine what you really meant.

2. You state you think they lost your I-765 application/never approved it yet not once have I heard you state you received a receipt for the filing of it, nor did you ever state you checked the status online. Also it states on the receipt and I am sure elsewhere that if you do not hear anything after 75 days to contact USCIS. No response at all about this and to my knowledge you never followed up on it, although now it is too late but several months ago it was not.

3. It has been suggested you schedule an info pass appointment. No mention from you that you have done this.

4. It was suggested you consult an immigration attorney. No mention by you that you have done this.

From reading your posts it sounds to me like you mailed off the forms without fully understanding them, never bothered to look at the receipts you received, never bothered to follow up on anything, pretty much did nothing after mailing the packet until you received the RFE.

In a situation like this you must be pro active. The government doesn't care if you every get your work authorization or you green card. You are just a stack of papers to them and if you check one wrong block they aren't going to spend time trying to figure out what you really meant. They have thousands and thousands of applications and petitions to go through every day.

I certainly hope you mailed your RFE certified mail and hope you check your online status frequently.

Good luck and I am done trying to help.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Gordon , i am here to show support towards your case i know it is really frustrating to deal with this kind of stuff and sometimes the stress and powerlessness of the situations is hard to deal with , when i read the first posts i felt your pain i am sorry you have to go through this.

I most confess part of your post almost made me cry :

I've always treated everyone in my life with the utmost respect.... and I'm not getting it back in this country. I'm sorry that there's so many chicanos trying to get married so they can bring their cousins. But I love my wife and I'm not here because my home country is and underdeveloped 3rd world hole, or because I didn't have "freedom". I'm here because I love her and because we can help this country get back on track. And part of the reason why it is how it is now, is because if this extremely horrible attitude of some people here, especially the religious right/republican/conservatives. And that attitude is present in the way they deal with people at the USCIS. Unless the guy behind the counter is asian or chicano - then they are nice speaking their respective home dialects. But when an english speaking European comes and they can't relate to that, I get treated like this...

I am mexican and really proud of that , i love my husband more than anything else in this world and he is not from hispanic heritage, he is irish/german and just like you we are waiting for our documents too, and believe me i am not here to go out of my third world country, i am here because my now husband and i talk about what was the best option for us as a couple , i had to do a hard decision, i left my home , my stability , my univertisty studies , everything for love and i do not regreat it . :)

I really hope you get your EAD soon and that the rest of your aos journey will finish soon .

Maybe i am not European , but i do relate to you cause i am HUMAN .

junari8.jpg

COUNTRIES HAVE BORDERS, LOVE DOESN'T

Filed: Other Timeline
From reading your posts it sounds to me like you mailed off the forms without fully understanding them, never bothered to look at the receipts you received, never bothered to follow up on anything, pretty much did nothing after mailing the packet until you received the RFE.

In a situation like this you must be pro active. The government doesn't care if you every get your work authorization or you green card. You are just a stack of papers to them and if you check one wrong block they aren't going to spend time trying to figure out what you really meant. They have thousands and thousands of applications and petitions to go through every day.

I certainly hope you mailed your RFE certified mail and hope you check your online status frequently.

Good luck and I am done trying to help.

Gotta love that common sense. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
it's not as if the job market is exactly bubbling over these days. Even if you had the card in hand as we speak, how can you be sure you'd already have a job offer?

I've been getting them for years since I was studying. MTV, Dreamworks, etc.

I could be working at a major entertainment studio by now. I have what it takes.

Besides, entertainment is practically unaffected by recession. I'm a good professional. I kick serious *ss.

And even if not, I would work at Wienerschnitzel dressed as a hot dog, if that was the only position available.

But I wasn't given the opportunity. Hey, the "land of opportunities"... They give them everyday to incompetent people, and they didn't have ONE to spare, for me?

You may be a good actor but you can't fill out a form to save your job. You have made a lot of really negative, racist remarks in your posts (no one comes here to get married to bring thier cousins, and if they did they would be sorely disappointed) The moderators have shown extreme leniency in leaving your posts intact and not suspending your membership. There is no way I could say the same and get away with it...no way. Ask kathryn41!

You and your fiancee chose the wrong visa to begin with, you messed up the I-485 filing. You have been given an opportunity that millions would love to have and so far shot yourself in the foot, then reloaded and shot yourself in the other foot., then come here and blast people that could help you, run down the country for your mistakes.

Now what you need to do, if you can't handle this yourself is get someone that can do it for you. Even a lawyer if need be :bonk: (never thought I would say that) I generally believe VJ members are smarter than the average bear and can do this themselves, but there are exceptions to this I suppose.

You need to get off the keyboard with your offensive remarks and get to work fixing this. Call in a professional. You are in over your head.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

junari888, thank you so much for your support. I'm so happy to share my story with you, and I wish you the best luck on your case.

Gary and Alla, belinda63:

Your general attitude isn't better than mine when I was in extreme pain/nervous breakdown.

You keep saying you'll stop "helping", as you seem to fail to understand that replying to me with an bad attitude, acting like an *ss, is not really "helping".

You also fail to realize that there is something called incompetence in these government institutions, and that people like you and me are victims. Just because you conformed to the fact, and dealt with it easily because you got lucky, doesn't mean they are not incompetent. It doesn't mean some people aren't still treated unfairly, day after day.

Am I talking to rude USCIS officials? Or real people, going through the same hardship as I am?

I was under the impression that VisaJourney was a forum for people going through these processes. Yet, you act offended every time I criticize the USCIS and the unfair situation I'm going through.

Did I make offensive/narrow minded comments? Yes - and you do too, when you're deeply irritated. My remarks shouldn't offend YOU in particular. If they do, then you probably can't relate to most people here, and you should leave.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@OP I sympathize with your situation. It's difficult to spend months with one spouse not able to work and one making very little. Even good planning is not always sufficient to avoid bumps in the road, delays, etc with USCIS. My family and friends are amazed at how long we are waiting for my husband's work permit and how long the whole K1 visa and now greencard process takes (this despite that my brother-in-law is a naturalized citizen himself). Most of the complaints about immigration in the U.S. are in regards to illegals and asylum cases; those taking the long legal path are so rarely thought of, it seems. My husband and I struggle, to say the least, until he's allowed to work. We have had no choice but to go into debt to finish our process. You may just have to do the same, as ugly as it is.

Regardless of my sympathy for your situation, I think your tone towards the VJ'rs here is not the best way to find a listening, friendly ear. You make unsubstantiated claims, such as that jobs are easy to come by. The TEMP job I am working had over 120 applicants; this in a large metro area. The same for another job I considered (100+ applicants). I am grossly overqualified for these positions; the same is happening repeatedly to others (taking part-time work, being overqualified, working outside one's field). The unemployment rate isn't near 10% nationwide "just because."

I think several VJ'rs here have also brought up several good points about your particular case. Returning your RFE is the fastest route to an EAD... that is, if you filed for one with your I-485 and received a receipt notice. I don't think you directly answered this question that a VJ'r asked you. Believe it or not, these people generally want to help. Even when the OP might not deserve it based on their tone.

If you're looking for advice or a friendly ear, you can easily find that on VJ. But try to avoid responding to those who post ugliness and stick to your original reason for posting. This is the Internet. People love to flame and waste your time. Ignore them. This thread is far too long for so little real content.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

For the OP to call himself a 'victim' of the USCIS is beyond laughable.

That said, it's clear that no amount of common sense - no matter how well worded (Gary&Alla, belinda) - will make a damn bit of difference.

Let's all vacate this thread and let him continue to be victimized. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

That said, it's clear that no amount of common sense - no matter how well worded (Gary&Alla, belinda) - will make a damn bit of difference.

Of course - because anyone who calls themselves a "victim" is ridiculous. We learned that from pop culture and movies!

Of course - because anyone who calls themselves a "victim" is ridiculous. We learned that from pop culture and movies!

You are the author of your own misfortune. If you had completed your paperwork correctly you wouldn't be in the mess you are.

Thanking the people who for whatever reason sympathize with you and agree with you and tell you what you want to hear while being rude to those who give you the straight up facts and sound advice will not further your case.

You've been given very good advice. Take some of it.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
By any chance, have you moved since sending off the RFE evidence?

USPS will not forward any postal mail from DOS/USCIS/ICE - there's always a notice on the front of the envelope 'DO NOT FORWARD'.

I suggest setting up an infopass appointment (today) for sometime in the upcoming week.

Ask them where the casefile is (at the appointment ) . You may not get an answer, though.

I sent the package for AOS months ago, then they sent me the RFE 3 or 4 months later, and now I'm working on sending the evidence they requested. I haven't sent it yet!...

Oh. Well, I suggest you finish up, check for completeness and accuracy, then send it in.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Well i said i was done but it's not over 'til the fat lady sings.

I did not have an easy journey nor get lucky. I filed the petition for my fiance June 2006. He traveled from Iran to Turkey for his interview April 2007. He was place on AP. He traveled from Iran to Turkey again in Oct 2007 and was placed on AP again. He traveled from Iran to Turkey in July 2008 and finally got his visa. This is more than two years waiting for the visa, I do not consider this to be "lucky".

After arrival, while he did receive his advanced parole and employment authorization in less than 90 days it took more than 9 months and yet another medical exam (this was his third) for him to receive his green card.

Total time from petition filed until GC received more than 3 years.

But as I said previously I remained proactive throughout his case, checking his status online, calling about his AP, sending inquiries when he was outside the processing times. I kept an entire folder of everything I had sent and everything I had received as well as notes from phone calls made.

I asked several days ago if you had the receipt where you filed the I765 since you think USCIS might have lost that. I still have not received a response. Obviously you not only don't have/don't know what the receipt is you also were not following the status of your case online for which I also provided the link. I asked if you followed up on the employment authorization when it was past 75 days from filing (now a moot point) and no response.

Good luck on properly filing the forms this time and hope they are received by the date given.

We're the same who asked about AOS request for additional evidence here: ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry3325448 )

We're still gathering the tax papers from our joint sponsor, to send it out ASAP to the USCIS.

I did the biometrics, but they sent us an RFE without even processing the form to get a temporary job.

I'm married now, I'm the man in the family, and my wife is the only one working... a minimum wage job. I can't legally get a job, apparently.

I do have a SSN, but it says "valid only with DHS authorization", and I only used it to work on campus, while an international student.

They can't possibly make us wait more! It's been 7 months almost, and I CAN'T GET A JOB! This is insane - some illegals got married for the visa, and they started working a couple weeks after!

We're 100% legal and I've been waiting several months without being able to work!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE for a family to survive like this! We're going to be homeless!

What can I possibly say to the USCIS on monday, if I call them to the NCSC number?

PLEASE someone help me out! What are my options? I NEED TO WORK, families are struggling in California with twice the opportunities we get. This HAS to be a violation of human rights! How is this LEGAL for them to do this to a legal immigrant??? 7 months and COUNTING, without a chance to get a job legally???

I passed the K1 and had to come here, but I could have work in Europe!

What are the chances that I'd be caught if I got an under the table job? They can't blame me!!! We need to live

Muita Força para ti camarada luso, isto não é nada fácil, mas nós portugas não desistimos ao primeiro revés, vamos mostrar de que fibra somos feitos.

Um abraço

Sal

*****K-1 Timeline*****

Dec 02, 2008 I-129F sent to VSC

Dec 04, 2008 Delivered to VSC

Dec 05, 2008 NOA1 date

Dec 09, 2008 Touched

Dec 12, 2008 NOA1 hard copy received

Mar 27, 2009 NOA2 date

Mar 30, 2009 Sent to NVC

Mar 31, 2009 Received by NVC

Apr 01, 2009 Left from NVC

Apr 02, 2009 NVC Notification date

Apr 03, 2009 NOA2 hard copy received

Apr 06, 2009 Case received US Embassy - Lisbon

Apr 06, 2009 NVC Notification received

Apr 08, 2009 Embassy sends Packet III

Apr 17, 2009 Packet III received

May 08, 2009 Packet III sent

May 11, 2009 Packet III received at the Embassy

May 12, 2009 Interview letter date

May 15, 2009 Interview letter received

May 28, 2009 Interview date

Jun 26, 2009 Visa granted

Jun 30, 2009 Visa received

Sep 22, 2009 POE San Juan, Puerto Rico

Oct 05, 2009 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

please use only English in the Immigration forums. Portuguese is allowed in the Europe and Eurasia Regional Forum. Thank you for your co-operation.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.