LuzyC

Second wedding in America

What color should the dress be for a second wedding?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What color would you choose?

• white
    • pastel blue
    • pastel pink
    • pastel green
    • pink
    • blue
    • orange
    • green
    • yellow
    • other (please specify in post)
  2. 2. Should the dress be:

• Formal dress
    • wedding gown
    • other (please specify in post)
  3. 3. Should we an have entourage? I.E. brides maids, ring bearer, flower girl etc.

• Yes
    • No

31 posts in this topic

If you want to wear white, go for it! It gets a bit silly to do the big frilly white dress if you're on your fourth or fifth wedding, not to mention ridiculously expensive, but if you never had one for your first wedding then why on earth not now... your wedding is your day and it doesn't matter if it's your first or your fifth - you do what YOU want to do and ####### anyone who tries to rain on your parade.

Thank You Very Much Kajikit,yes your right its my day,its my special day and i WILL do what i wanna do and want to wear..and ####### anyone who spoil that day LOL! Seriously and im just being true here----

The important thing is, im marrying the man that i want to spend the rest of my life with,Gary my forever love..

Thanks everyone!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to wear white, go for it! It gets a bit silly to do the big frilly white dress if you're on your fourth or fifth wedding, not to mention ridiculously expensive, but if you never had one for your first wedding then why on earth not now... your wedding is your day and it doesn't matter if it's your first or your fifth - you do what YOU want to do and ####### anyone who tries to rain on your parade.

Thanks Kajikit..I will wear white and be happy beautiful bride at least for that day, its my special day and i dont care what others think ,the important things is im marrying the man that i really love and want to spend the rest of my life forever..

Apologise if i make reply in Gary's account..im a newbie here and get confuse..Thanks!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
As far as a second wedding... Here in USA... whatever you choose is best.. even if you wear the same as what you wore at the first... No one is going to criticize.. they are there to celebrate with you .. and share the Love the two of you have.. ..

WHOOP it up ..

"Both are 1st generation Americans. One family came from Ireland the other came from India. So for the actual wedding they blended tradition of both Irish Catholic and Hindi wedding rituals."

Joel.. would love to hear more on this wedding you said it was Irish Catholic/Hindi... ... wow.. close to what I am trying to figure out how to do ..... would love to hear what they did .. pm me it you can. please

Well they did it in a park next to a lake and brought in a trellis arch for the bride and groom to marry under. For the Irish side the bride carried a porcelain horseshoe (turned up for good luck). They also handed out bells to be rung during the procession and at the reception. The person they had overseeing the ceremony did the ‘tying of the knot’ as well (used in both cultures to my understanding). On the Hindu side they did an exchange garlands. I don’t understand the tradition, but they did it. The groom presented his bride the Mangalasutra (I looked up the word on the internet) - A necklace worn specifically by married women as a symbol of their marriage. Also both did a henna ceremony so their bare feet (they both were barefoot for the ceremony) were all decorated. Then the reception was a mixture of traditional Irish and Indian music intermixed with quality 80s rock. :)

Now the reception was a true mix. Indian food with Irish booze!!! Hell of a party. :lol:

Joel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

This was a second for both of us. He had a courthouse wedding before, and I had a white tea-length dress. He had no attendants the first time, and I had two. After his first wedding, they went to a pub and got REALLY drunk. After my first, we had cake and punch.

This time, I had no attendants and he didn't either. I wore a cream colored gown I bought off eBay for $74. We had no "sides" for the bride or groom, just about 40 people or so there. My girls were part of the ceremony, but really it was about the two of us. Our reception was a gift from our friends, something I had asked for. We had both been married and established ourselves, so gifts weren't something we really wanted. So when people asked what to give us, I said, "a reception." And they did! I never saw the reception hall or the food and decorations until we got there. My friend made a beautiful wedding cake, and also a groom's cake decaroted as the flag of England, but looked more like the American Red Cross. It was great...the most expensive things we paid for were the photographer (a student at UK who charged only $300) and Billy's suit. He got this dark Versace suit years ago at a shop in Woking, and never wore it. It was sooo nice, and still fit!

Anyway...LOL...it's your wedding...do what makes you happy. Make memories that will last! I'd say though, some things you won't remember later. DO hire a photographer!!!

Billy (UK) & Becky (KY)

First email from penpal site: February 10, 2003
LOTS of emails until....
First phone call, 2+hours: March 23, 2003
Daily phone calls and emails UNTIL...
First meeting in person (Cincinnati airport): August 2, 2003
Second meeting: December 19, 2003
Third meeting (Gatwick airport): March 27, 2004
Sent I-129-F TSC : May 24, 2004
NOA1: May 27, 2004
NOA1 received: June 4, 2004
RFE via email: July 29, 2004
RFE hard copy received: August 2, 2004
NOA2: August 24, 2004
Packet 3 received: September 16, 2004
Packet 4 received: October 18, 2004
Flying to England to be there for the interview: November 6, 2004
Interview: NOVEMBER 9, 2004
APPROVED!!!!!!!
Billy moving to Kentucky: November 23, 2004
Married in a candlelit ceremony on Friday, December 17, 2004!
AOS interview: Monday, October 24, 2005 Louisville
Green card in mail: January 27, 2006

Found out about his girlfriend, and her FIVE kids: April, 2016

Divorce final: August 9,2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
-- 1 John 3:18

Filed: Other Timeline
I bought a wedding gown on saturday...was just looking for a suit or something, but I saw it and loved it so tried it on...I almost cried in the dressing room :lol::lol: ...a lovely darker cream colour. I never had one the first time round so it really does feel like the first time :blush:

Aw....this made me SO smile to read this! Go for it, girl!

...the most expensive things we paid for were the photographer (a student at UK who charged only $300) and Billy's suit..... Make memories that will last! I'd say though, some things you won't remember later. DO hire a photographer!!!

Amen to that! Our pastor had given us the name of a photog from his congregation who ran over to our ceremony for an hour and took some pics for $100. You know that old saying you get what you pay for? The pics weren't great. They really weren't good enough to spend the money ordering larger ones so we never did. The best pics we have are the casual ones taken by family (posted in my profile link). I wish we had spent a bit more to get some really good professional shots.

I think in general, second weddings are smaller, less expensive affairs, and that white is less common as a dress color. But white is becoming less common as a color for first-time brides these days, too.

The only hard-and-fast etiquette rule that I've heard is that the couple, if they've both been married before, should expect that the guests aren't going to give them as many gifts as they would for a first marriage. (As both have already set up a household.)

But the U.S. has lots of wedding traditions, so do what you want!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

when anthony and i got married last year, i wore an ivory colored wedding gown and he wore a gorgeous tuxedo. it was my second wedding but his first. i say, wear what you want!

traditionalists would say ivory instead of white. and the only other rule i've heard is that a second-time bride should not wear a blusher-type veil over her face.

congratulations on your upcoming marriage! all the best!

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Doesn't matter... it's what you want that counts...

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Luz,

What do you think about "Pink"? :luv:

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

A wedding is a wedding, and she should do whatever she wants! A nice formal gown, white or any other color, would definitely be appropriate. Princessy dresses are usually for dewey eyed first-time brides, but if she wants a princessy dress, I say go for it. People are going to find something to talk about no matter what you decide to do, so don't base your choices on "what people will say," but on what you truly want. :)

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Hi Luz,

What do you think about "Pink"? :luv:

Hello Littleone..

Sorry i reply with GaryC account..haha

Yes i like Pink..sounds really good to me..!Thanks

Luz.jpg

Luz2.jpg

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you had a formal ceremony first then maybe something low key, but if you had an unformal ceremony, go all out!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!