LuzyC

Second wedding in America

What color should the dress be for a second wedding?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What color would you choose?

• white
    • pastel blue
    • pastel pink
    • pastel green
    • pink
    • blue
    • orange
    • green
    • yellow
    • other (please specify in post)
  2. 2. Should the dress be:

• Formal dress
    • wedding gown
    • other (please specify in post)
  3. 3. Should we an have entourage? I.E. brides maids, ring bearer, flower girl etc.

• Yes
    • No

31 posts in this topic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

There isn't any particular 'tradition'... so you can have whatever sort of wedding you want!

Edited by Kajikit

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Do whatever feels right to you and have fun! :yes: Maybe your American in-laws can help you plan your celebration, that is, if you get along well enough with them. It will be a good way to bring your closer to your fiance's family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

One of the fun things about the US is that we are a nation of immigrants. Wedding ‘tradition’ is based mostly on the traditions of the family and not on one ‘American’ tradition. Now…there have developed some ‘norms. One example of this is the bride’s family on one side and the groom’s family on the other. But even this is not always practical. A good example of this is a wedding I went to this past weekend. Two USCs both born in the US got married. Both are 1st generation Americans. One family came from Ireland the other came from India. So for the actual wedding they blended tradition of both Irish Catholic and Hindi wedding rituals. And there was no divide between the groom’s side and the bride’s side. There was just one block of seats for everyone.

That being said…figure out what elements YOU would like to have in your wedding. Then put them in and enjoy!

Joel

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

As far as a second wedding... Here in USA... whatever you choose is best.. even if you wear the same as what you wore at the first... No one is going to criticize.. they are there to celebrate with you .. and share the Love the two of you have.. ..

WHOOP it up ..

"Both are 1st generation Americans. One family came from Ireland the other came from India. So for the actual wedding they blended tradition of both Irish Catholic and Hindi wedding rituals."

Joel.. would love to hear more on this wedding you said it was Irish Catholic/Hindi... ... wow.. close to what I am trying to figure out how to do ..... would love to hear what they did .. pm me it you can. please

Edited by JanaknJanet

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Any color you like, baby! Weddings can be anything you want in the US. So do what ever is going to please you and your groom. There are some great books out there that will explain details for you....I found Weddings for Dummies quite practical for planning food and beverages. It also list who does what in a traditional wedding. But really what ever you want your wedding to be....go for it. :thumbs:

I-130 IR1

1-18-06 I-130 sent to Texas, forwarded to California

2-06-06 NOA1 Received

4-24-06 NOA2 I-130 Approved!

5-24-06 DS-3032/AOS Fee-Bill Received

5-24-06 DS-3032 Sent to NVC

5-24-06 Payed AOS Fee-Bill

6-19-06 IV Fee-Bill Received

6-19-06 Payed AOS Fee-Bill

6-23-06 AOS I-864 Received

7-01-06 AOS I-864 Sent to NVC. Used new form.

7-03-06 AOS I-864 Received by NVC

7-07-06 DS-230 Sent to NVC using James Short Cuts

7-10-06 DS-230 Received by NVC

7-11-06 The NVC has received the Documents, "Please allow 6-8 weeks for review."

8-15-06 Case Complete at NVC!!

8-23-06 Case forwarded to London!

8-28-06 Letter from NVC: Case forwarded to London.

10-24-06 Medical

10-31-06 Interview scheduled in London. Visa approved

11-02-06 Passport / visa delivered by courier

11-08-06 EDI - IAH - CRP woo hoo! Home! Home! Home!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

OUr second wedding was done in a large, grand, formal style. We'd already been married four months, but we still had a second Roman Catholic ceremony and formal reception to follow. I wore an ivory ballgown; he wore a morning suit. We had an entourage of eight total, and a reception of about 200 people with an eight course sit-down meal.

Point is, do it however the heck you want to! It's your wedding!

One of the fun things about the US is that we are a nation of immigrants. Wedding ‘tradition’ is based mostly on the traditions of the family and not on one ‘American’ tradition. Now…there have developed some ‘norms. One example of this is the bride’s family on one side and the groom’s family on the other. But even this is not always practical. A good example of this is a wedding I went to this past weekend. Two USCs both born in the US got married. Both are 1st generation Americans. One family came from Ireland the other came from India. So for the actual wedding they blended tradition of both Irish Catholic and Hindi wedding rituals. And there was no divide between the groom’s side and the bride’s side. There was just one block of seats for everyone.

That being said…figure out what elements YOU would like to have in your wedding. Then put them in and enjoy!

Joel

Thanks for your thoughts Joel!

It will be an American with Filipino touch wedding then..

And Oh you and your wife are really a beautiful couple ,ive been viewing your wife's pics many times and she is so beautiful and a gorgeous bride in her wedding gown!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Yeah, no hard and fast rules - first, second or tenth wedding.

I personally like off-white or ivory for the second-time around bride. And I think any bride deserves a true wedding gown if she wants it and can afford it.

I bought a wedding gown on saturday...was just looking for a suit or something, but I saw it and loved it so tried it on...I almost cried in the dressing room :lol::lol: ...a lovely darker cream colour. I never had one the first time round so it really does feel like the first time :blush:

Edited by welshcookie

David wants to wear a navy blue suit and purple is the most flattering color for me, so that's what I'm going to be searching for.... Our three girls are going to stand up with us... and they are each going to choose their own colors/dresses. No other 'entourage'.

We're going to have a quiet church ceremony and a gathering at my house afterwards. Our focus is on the marriage, not on the wedding, but anything goes when you're planning the 'official' beginning of your life together. Have fun!!!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline

I'm glad i didn't have to think about any kind of festivity for my wedding, i didn't have to stress out for the big day. I was wearing black, nothing special just like i was going to work.

Sometimes i think it would have been nice to feel beautiful, and be for one day a beautiful lady, i would have chose a pastel colour maybe a purple pastel, i think like some of the posters said you should ask your in-laws but still do whatever you feel like ;)

Greetings,

I wanna say thanks to all your sweet thoughts and advice!

I have my 1st wedding at age 19 and its my ex parents get the dress for me which looks like i attend my graduation day.

I want to have a nice wedding and be pretty at least for that day LOL and feels like i want to have white formal dress but someone sez that i CANNOT wear white simply beacause white is for a virgin and first timer bride ONLY !oh well..

I might just pick a pastel color and be happy when that time comes!

Thank you all

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

For the record, I really don't know what color is appropriate for a second wedding. That is why I suggested she do this poll. If the ladies here think a white/off white color is OK then it's good with me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you want to wear white, go for it! It gets a bit silly to do the big frilly white dress if you're on your fourth or fifth wedding, not to mention ridiculously expensive, but if you never had one for your first wedding then why on earth not now... your wedding is your day and it doesn't matter if it's your first or your fifth - you do what YOU want to do and ####### anyone who tries to rain on your parade.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!