fairbro

26 days at NVC?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
MY K1 CASE WAS ALSO APPROVED FROM VERMONT SERVICE CENTER ON SEPTEMBER 2 2009, AND I JUST CALLED THE NVC, AND THEY STILL DONT HAVE OUR CASE.

I just called them and spoke to someone. Scott Thuy is right, they may have it there, but it is not on the automated system. Also the lady told me that they won't notify me when it is finished processing, they only notify the fiance, after the embassy gets the paperwork.

I would call them and speak to someone, if you haven't done that. They are open until midnight, Eastern.

Your dollars at work.. on the second shift,,,,

Just curious, what is "dam hoi"?

traditional engagement ceremony with the family in VN... did she tell you AP?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

AFTER YOUR CASE GETS TO THE NVC, YOU WILL GET A LETTER FROM NVC STATING THAT THEY HAVE YOUR CASE AND WILL BE MAILED TO THE APPROPRIATE EMBASSY ABROAD AFTER 1 WEEK. iF THE NVC HAS YOUR CASE,YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET YOUR NVC CASE NUMBER.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

AFTER YOUR CASE GETS TO THE NVC, YOU WILL GET A LETTER FROM NVC STATING THAT THEY HAVE YOUR CASE AND WILL BE MAILED TO THE APPROPRIATE EMBASSY ABROAD AFTER 1 WEEK. iF THE NVC HAS YOUR CASE,YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET YOUR NVC CASE NUMBER.

Provided you are not sent into AP. It happens. We got two letters that said we would be sent on. And we were..nearly 8 weeks later.

Keep ringing them.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello

I received the NOA2 for my I129f, it was dated September 2. The Post Office forwarded the notice to my new address (I moved from Virginia to Kansas).

Now I just called the NVC and their automated answering system, and they have "no record" of my NOA2.

Is it normal to wait this long for the NVC process?

Is there a backlog at NVC now that Vermont has processed a lot of I129f's recently? (I received the NOA2 a couple of months before I was expecting it).

Lindsey

I suggest you call NVC, speak to a human.

IIRC, NVC NEVER has your info, for a K-1, on any automated system - ya gotta catch a human.

Ask for 'case status', or 'where's the casefile'

GOOD LUCK !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello

I received the NOA2 for my I129f, it was dated September 2. The Post Office forwarded the notice to my new address (I moved from Virginia to Kansas).

Now I just called the NVC and their automated answering system, and they have "no record" of my NOA2.

Is there a backlog at NVC now that Vermont has processed a lot of I129f's recently? (I received the NOA2 a couple of months before I was expecting it).

Lindsey

For fiance visa, NVC usually do not process them, they go to the consulate that had jurisdiction over them

JNR

Timeline
YEAH, OK GOOD, SO THE NVC HAS ALREADY RECEIVED YOUR CASE, DID THEY GIVE YOU A NVC CASE NUMBER?

YEAH I DID TALK TO SOMEONE AT THE NVC TONIGHT, BUT THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED OUR CASE YET.

No, I didn't ask for a number, but I don't think they give you one. I mean, I think they give you one after it has been released to the embassy. They are not concerned with you at this point, they are more concerned with the person you are getting the visa for. Good luck, keep us posted.

Okay, (dread) what is "AP"?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hello

Lindsey

For fiance visa, NVC usually do not process them, they go to the consulate that had jurisdiction over them

All cases must pass through NVC before being sent to the consualte. In my experience many cases are only there for a couple of days, but some are put in AP or additional processing. Sometimes there is a reason,and sometimes it appears to completely random. Correct that you need to speak with a person not the automated system. With our case, I called one day (about a week after NOA2) and was told it had not arrived. When I called the next day, it had already been forwarded to the consulate. If VSC sent so many cases in a single day, it is possible that they are still being entered into the system which would explain why they don't have a record of your case. Good luck!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello

Lindsey

Hey just wanted to let you know I received my NoA2 on the 16th od Sept. went to NVC by the 17th and was out on the 22nd so I don't think there is backlog there or I may be lucky.... The NVC will give you a new number which the embassy will now be using after approval. It will start with "MOS".

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Keep calling!!!!!! We are still waiting for Pkg 3 to be sent to my fiance as NVC already sent our package to the embassy consulate. DHL said it was already delivered but they have not updated it in their system when i called them yesterday. Keep calling and ask for your case number each time if they have it. All the best!

Timeline
YEAH, OK GOOD, SO THE NVC HAS ALREADY RECEIVED YOUR CASE, DID THEY GIVE YOU A NVC CASE NUMBER?

YEAH I DID TALK TO SOMEONE AT THE NVC TONIGHT, BUT THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED OUR CASE YET.

No, I didn't ask for a number, but I don't think they give you one. I mean, I think they give you one after it has been released to the embassy. They are not concerned with you at this point, they are more concerned with the person you are getting the visa for. Good luck, keep us posted.

Okay, (dread) what is "AP"?

Okay, I called them again today. They did give me a case number, and yes it is in the "AP." No other information available. How long should I wait before calling Senator Foghorn?

I just got out after 31 days in ap

nothing really helps

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Timeline
I just got out after 31 days in ap

nothing really helps

Any idea why so long?

I am thinking my reason would be because of my previous visa applications...

The first person called it "administrative processing", the second "additional processing."

Timeline

Ha-Ha, I got mine! :luv: First, I set up some serene Sarah Brightman music (what a beautiful voice), then when I was very relaxed, I did a scratch-off lottery ticket, won $200, so I knew it was my day. Then I called the NVC, and lo and behold, they said they had already mailed it on Oct 1. So it was there at NVC from Sept 9 to Oct 1.

Now, I need to raise some cash for the interview :blink: 3 application fees plus three medical exams, plus three plane tickets. Forget flying there and accompanying them back, I already used up my Aeroflot Frequent Flyer miles...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.