Leenie

Passport stamp date is wrong!

17 posts in this topic

I'm assembling paperwork for our I-129F, and I just noticed something weird. My fiance last visited me this past August, and he entered the US on August 28th, specifically. We are going to use evidence from this visit to prove that we've met in the last two years. We are going to use his passport stamps and boarding passes, among other things.

Here's the weird part - my fiance's passport is stamped August 26th, 2009 (not 28th). Boarding passes are correctly dated. I'm afraid this will raise a red flag when our case is being reviewed. Should I make a note that the officer must have had his date stamp on the wrong day? Any advice to avoid an RFE?

One other thing while I'm thinking of it - I have all his boarding passes from his UK to US leg of the trip, but he accidentally lost one of his boarding passes from US to UK (going home). He has a Chicago to Philadelphia boarding pass (he had a stopover), but no Philadelphia to Birmingham (his home city). Does anyone have any idea if this is going to undermine our case?

Thank you for your advice!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I'm assembling paperwork for our I-129F, and I just noticed something weird. My fiance last visited me this past August, and he entered the US on August 28th, specifically. We are going to use evidence from this visit to prove that we've met in the last two years. We are going to use his passport stamps and boarding passes, among other things.

Here's the weird part - my fiance's passport is stamped August 26th, 2009 (not 28th). Boarding passes are correctly dated. I'm afraid this will raise a red flag when our case is being reviewed. Should I make a note that the officer must have had his date stamp on the wrong day? Any advice to avoid an RFE?

One other thing while I'm thinking of it - I have all his boarding passes from his UK to US leg of the trip, but he accidentally lost one of his boarding passes from US to UK (going home). He has a Chicago to Philadelphia boarding pass (he had a stopover), but no Philadelphia to Birmingham (his home city). Does anyone have any idea if this is going to undermine our case?

No, I think you have enough that he was here on certain dates. Plus all the other documentation you will send like photos and receipts, all will be OK.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The boarding passes alone will be sufficient. I would just skip the passport stamps.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think you should send itinerary and boarding passes as your passport stamp is incorrect. Or just send the passport copies with the stamp as that is more valuable information then the boarding passes. Just don't send evidence that is contradicting.

Is he still here in the US?

He went home on September 13th.

I will strongly consider not sending the passport stamps. I have email itineraries and boarding passes. Thanks a lot, you guys!

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

why would it raise a red flag? Because CBP had their stamp date set wrong? Not your problem. Was he here or not? YES. Does it matter if he arrived the 26th or 28th? NO.

None of this will undermine your case. You had a visit together, I presume you have some other evidence of the visit? For that matter you could give some photos of you teo together and write on the back "photos from his visit this August" and attach the passport stamps and leave it at that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

why would it raise a red flag? Because CBP had their stamp date set wrong? Not your problem. Was he here or not? YES. Does it matter if he arrived the 26th or 28th? NO.

None of this will undermine your case. You had a visit together, I presume you have some other evidence of the visit? For that matter you could give some photos of you teo together and write on the back "photos from his visit this August" and attach the passport stamps and leave it at that.

Thanks a lot! I'm definitely going to include some very CLEARLY labeled and dated photos of us together. I don't have much in the way of receipts for things he purchased, but if I've learned anything from reading your other posts, it's not a top priority anyway.

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

To avoid a potential problem I would use passport stamps or boarding passes but not both. Either is sufficient. Better safe than sorry.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 months later...

Just getting our petition package together (the fiance's totally useless at paperwork! lol) and wondered what you did with this in the end coz I have the same situation.

I've put both my passport stamp with the incorrect date and the itinerary, boarding pass and luggage tag showing the correct date. The passport stamp is printed onto a page with a list of all the evidence for that trip and I highlighted the fact that the date of entry is incorrect but that the other evidence shows the correct date.

My problem with not including the stamp is that 2 other accurate POE stamps are on the same page, so I'm including them already in my other evidence.

We didn't actually take any photos of us together during that trip (nuts, considering we were together 6 weeks! lol) but we did travel to NH and back for a week, and I have our itinerary and matching boarding passes for that trip. I haven't included them because I thought it might confuse matters, but I'm curious of what I should include now that I've got this discrepancy with the POE date and my other evidence.

So my options are:

1) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the itinerary, boarding passes and luggage tags

2) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the UK-US return itinerary, boarding passes and tags but include the NH trip evidence showing both our names.

3) Submit all my POE stamp and UK-US evidence, but highlight the inaccuracy.

Many thanks!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Are you sure it's inaccurate and not just a bad stamp? 6 and 8 can look similar if the 8 wasn't pressurized enough in the upper right and faded.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Are you sure it's inaccurate and not just a bad stamp? 6 and 8 can look similar if the 8 wasn't pressurized enough in the upper right and faded.

Nope, it's 21 instead of 23 and clear as day :(

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Well, since the requirements are that you show proof that you met ONE time, I'd pick one of those three dates (within 2 years) that were stamped on that page and not worry about the rest.

I guess that's option one. Submit POE stamp and leave out other supporting evidence.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Just getting our petition package together (the fiance's totally useless at paperwork! lol) and wondered what you did with this in the end coz I have the same situation.

I've put both my passport stamp with the incorrect date and the itinerary, boarding pass and luggage tag showing the correct date. The passport stamp is printed onto a page with a list of all the evidence for that trip and I highlighted the fact that the date of entry is incorrect but that the other evidence shows the correct date.

My problem with not including the stamp is that 2 other accurate POE stamps are on the same page, so I'm including them already in my other evidence.

We didn't actually take any photos of us together during that trip (nuts, considering we were together 6 weeks! lol) but we did travel to NH and back for a week, and I have our itinerary and matching boarding passes for that trip. I haven't included them because I thought it might confuse matters, but I'm curious of what I should include now that I've got this discrepancy with the POE date and my other evidence.

So my options are:

1) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the itinerary, boarding passes and luggage tags

2) Just submit my POE stamp, minus the UK-US return itinerary, boarding passes and tags but include the NH trip evidence showing both our names.

3) Submit all my POE stamp and UK-US evidence, but highlight the inaccuracy.

Many thanks!

Option #2 sounds good - just so you won't have to worry about the inaccuracy. The POE stamps are more valuable when you think about it (as Starlight95 said) because it shows that you were actually examined by an IO and entered the country... Just include the boarding passes, itinerary and luggage tags that match the 2 other POE stamps.

I can relate with the photos issue - my husband and I only took about 2 or 3 pictures during our whole vacation together (almost a month). We spent most of our time together just talking, watching TV/movies... We didn't think to take pictures. LOL.

Edited by Fatima and Jim

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.