Leenie

Passport stamp date is wrong!

17 posts in this topic

Just getting our petition package together (the fiance's totally useless at paperwork! lol) and wondered what you did with this in the end coz I have the same situation.

I guess in a case like this, no one can tell you a "right" answer. What I ended up doing, despite the good advice in this thread, was basically ... none of your three options!

I included eeeeeeeeeeeeverything we had (passport stamps - yes, with wrong dates, boarding passes, baggage tickets, and itineraries) in our packet. Then, on the pages with the passport stamps I just wrote "From James's visit to see me in the USA, from date to date." And we got our NOA2 with no problems. No RFEs, nothing. Maybe they didn't notice the date discrepancy. Maybe they didn't care. I guess it was a bit of a risk, but in the end, I decided to include everything to make our case as strong as possible.

Quick edit - I do want to add that we had multiple visits in the past two years at time of filing, but the only one for which we had kept the most primary evidence was the most recent one - the one with the stamp error. That's why we chose to include that evidence, though somewhat flawed. Our other evidence might not have made the cut. It was worth the risk, basically. If you have multiple trips' worth of great evidence, it might be a good idea to leave out the incorrect stuff.

Edited by Leenie

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

post removed at the OPs request.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.