MsSheka

NVC October 2009 edition

2,867 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
As of yesterday at noon, NVC has received my AOS packet but haven't received the DS-3032 yet. Well, I'm tracking it and it usually takes a few hours to update the tracking so it could be there now but I won't know until the afternoon.

Ours was the same. They actually received the DS-3032 first but it didn't show in the system until just now. When they put it in you will be invoiced for the $400 as we have just been.

I just called the AVR and my choice of agent form was entered in the system on the 27th and the IV bill is now invoiced. Does Diane pay it now or do we wait for the email? There seems to be a conflict of opinions. :unsure:

if your IV bill is ready.. pay now. no wait for email. i got my email for pay 5 days after he paid iv bill. lol. Good luck!!

Thank you. I'll tell Diane.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi! I just got off the phone with a nice lady at NVC. We had a few laughs (I figured I'd be as personable as possible!) and she checked into my issue of "Not Paid." She has to "write it up" and fix it herself. She said it won't show today, but hopefully by tomorrow and I shouldn't lose any sleep. I may or may not have lost a few days-but nothing I can do about it now! Even if I paid when I got the email (yesterday), it would have gone through today or tomorrow anyway. I can't worry about this anymore...well, unless it keeps saying "Not Paid" for the next week! She said, well, you paid a day before it was invoiced...I told her to fix their darn system so when you see it invoiced on the DOS website, there's a specific message saying wait for the email! Anyway, I think it'll get worked out...

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm sure it'll work itself out by tomorrow! Here's hoping for a case complete for you soon! =)

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline
YEAH IT SHOWS NOTPAID BUT IF U HIT PAYMENT RECIPT IT SHOWS U DID PAY

With all the stuff I've been reading for the last few days on this forum, notice this morning that the IV bill was available, I didn't even think for a second before clicking on paid bill. JUST HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR ME.

PRAYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Verne I am sure that it will finally catch up and be ok, you may just need to call the NVC and talk to an operator...Mine was available for 4 days without email and I ended up paying it anyways and then so far I have gotten MULTIPLE emails saying it was available to pay... :lol:

And Sam, I did call the NVC and talk to an operator but you know the usual answer you'll get. DON'T PAY TILL YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL, IF YOU DO IT'S GOING TO DELAY PROCESSING. I've been waiting since July 13th, 2009, when i initially file I130. So a few more days wouldn't kill me. Any way just look online, payment pending with my bank. I am taking the documents to work, and i'll check the status at 3PM, should PAID just surface, I'll print that cover page, and mail out the documents. Will even attach receipt print too.

Some operators at NVC are very understanding while others who don't understand the pain we go through being apart from our spouse, family just feel stuff should be done with respect to the BOOKS.

Have a great day everyone. And COngrads to all those who've completed their case pending their interview.

Well hopefully it'll do just like how a quite a few of ours has done this past week. Shows available then pay it, it's deducted out of your account then shows paid...QUICK print out the cover letter..then it's not paid ...then PAID again!! :P I think they are just trying to make us crazy!!! :bonk:

And SAM,

The pattern continues. Receive IV Bill email this morning. Then bill status changed to unpaid. I was nervous, called NVC like 6 times requesting what to do. One operator told me to cancel payment with my bank, then go ahead and pay again....hahahahaha. NVC need employees who know all the process. 4PM status online changed to PAID, both invoice, and receipt. Within two second i had cover page printed.

Hence IV package is with FEDEX. promise 10:30AM delivery to NVC. Back to the waiting game again.

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/17/2014 D261 (available and submitted)

03/18/2018 AOS fee (available and paid) in progress

03/19/2014 Mail AOS package

03/20/2014 AOS fee shows PAID online

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

03/31/2014 IV bill available and paid) in progress

04/01/2014 Mail IV documents

04/02/2014 IV fees shows PAID online

04/02/2014: IV package delivered to NVC

04/02/2014: Completed and submitted DS260

04/04/2014: Receive checklist for AOS

04/05/2014: Responded to checklist

04/23/2014: Case complete. Waiting for interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

With all the stuff I've been reading for the last few days on this forum, notice this morning that the IV bill was available, I didn't even think for a second before clicking on paid bill. JUST HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR ME.

Verne I am sure that it will finally catch up and be ok, you may just need to call the NVC and talk to an operator...Mine was available for 4 days without email and I ended up paying it anyways and then so far I have gotten MULTIPLE emails saying it was available to pay... :lol:

And Sam, I did call the NVC and talk to an operator but you know the usual answer you'll get. DON'T PAY TILL YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL, IF YOU DO IT'S GOING TO DELAY PROCESSING. I've been waiting since July 13th, 2009, when i initially file I130. So a few more days wouldn't kill me. Any way just look online, payment pending with my bank. I am taking the documents to work, and i'll check the status at 3PM, should PAID just surface, I'll print that cover page, and mail out the documents. Will even attach receipt print too.

Some operators at NVC are very understanding while others who don't understand the pain we go through being apart from our spouse, family just feel stuff should be done with respect to the BOOKS.

Have a great day everyone. And COngrads to all those who've completed their case pending their interview.

Well hopefully it'll do just like how a quite a few of ours has done this past week. Shows available then pay it, it's deducted out of your account then shows paid...QUICK print out the cover letter..then it's not paid ...then PAID again!! :P I think they are just trying to make us crazy!!! :bonk:

And SAM,

The pattern continues. Receive IV Bill email this morning. Then bill status changed to unpaid. I was nervous, called NVC like 6 times requesting what to do. One operator told me to cancel payment with my bank, then go ahead and pay again....hahahahaha. NVC need employees who know all the process. 4PM status online changed to PAID, both invoice, and receipt. Within two second i had cover page printed.

Hence IV package is with FEDEX. promise 10:30AM delivery to NVC. Back to the waiting game again.

OMG!!! Shat and Idiot!!! You have to think for a moment, that some people who have not found this site and are navigating this alone... Can you imagine the issues that this incopentence has created!!1 What a mess! Glad you knew better! I swear monkeys could give more informed responses I think!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Bahamas
Timeline
Hey guys you might be wondering why is she starting a NVC October and

1. she has not gotten NOA2

2. she has not gotten NOA2

3. its still September... :whistle: anyways i started this thread because i am claming my approval you might know these sayings "ask and it shall be given" "seek and you shall find" "claim your victory" "stand strong in faith"...with that being said..i honestly think that if anyone gets approved the last week of september (including myself) NVC will not assign a case number until early October with the current delay at NVC.

Hi Ms. Sheka, the more I read your posts the more I believe me and you have a lil in common :blush: Still waiting, still praying!

OMG!!! Shat and Idiot!!! You have to think for a moment, that some people who have not found this site and are navigating this alone... Can you imagine the issues that this incopentence has created!!1 What a mess! Glad you knew better! I swear monkeys could give more informed responses I think!!!

Yeah, the woman I talked to this morning sounded drunk. She was slurring words, and was rather pointed in telling me that I shouldn't have paid the bill before I was told to. I didn't bother trying to explain that that's what most on-the-ball people do when they see a bill is available to be paid...

Fortunately things reverted to normal later in the day. But yeah...I can only imagine how horrible this process would be to the uninformed! It's horrible enough for the informed!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Okay I stressed so much over to Pay or Not to Pay. Well I couldn't take it anymore. It was sitting there marked as invoiced so I paid it. Will it make things quicker,slower or same? I dont know but I do know if they debit it from my account it will be easy enough to prove it is paid. They really need a better system like Oh I don't know ...not posting a payment as available to pay before they are prepared to accept it! Duh. :blink:

I just called the AVR and my choice of agent form was entered in the system on the 27th and the IV bill is now invoiced. Does Diane pay it now or do we wait for the email? There seems to be a conflict of opinions. :unsure:

if your IV bill is ready.. pay now. no wait for email. i got my email for pay 5 days after he paid iv bill. lol. Good luck!!

Thanks Mary! I paid and hope it wont cause a problem. No emails yet. Nada.Zip. Zero.

I finally took the plunge and made an appointment for my medical in London. Diane was worried that there wouldn't be any appointments later and I better do it now. When I called the receptionist said I could have any appointment I liked after November 12th. Not all that busy after all! I now have to try and book flights and trains. London is a big scary place for a young innocent lad like me. I hope nobody tries to take advantage of me. Maybe I should take my mummy to hold my hand. :unsure:

Don't be such a big girl's blouse.lol

Maybe I should come with you. :innocent:

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

And SAM,

Absolutely Christeen, people who navigate alone should really be at the mercy of God. I told her the transaction is pending with my bank, then she replied i should cancel to avoid it completely going through then repair through the invoice i receive in the email today morning. The invoice number for my IV bill and AOS where same. Notwithstanding, NVC do have some experience operators. Recall when i had my approval, on a thursday, then i call on tuesday the following week, the operator told me they just receive the package and i should give them some time to input. Being so anxious i called in the afternoon, the operator i got on phone, HAVE YOU RECEIVE AN APPROVAL NOTICE FOM USCIS? I replied yes. We don't have any sign of your package. MAYBE NVC HAS FEDERAL EMPLOYEES AND CONTARCTORS AS OPERATORS HENCE THEY DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO ALL THE SOURCES OF INFORMATION.

THANK GOD, I STOOD MY GROUNDS.

04/29/2013 I 130

05/01/2013 NOA1

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/18/2014 NVC receive

03/14/2014 NVC Case#

03/17/2014 D261 (available and submitted)

03/18/2018 AOS fee (available and paid) in progress

03/19/2014 Mail AOS package

03/20/2014 AOS fee shows PAID online

03/20/2014 AOS delivered

03/31/2014 IV bill available and paid) in progress

04/01/2014 Mail IV documents

04/02/2014 IV fees shows PAID online

04/02/2014: IV package delivered to NVC

04/02/2014: Completed and submitted DS260

04/04/2014: Receive checklist for AOS

04/05/2014: Responded to checklist

04/23/2014: Case complete. Waiting for interview date

Hey GUYZZZ!!!!! I think I move in this group. We paid the AOS bill and sent the DS3032 to NVC tru email. Still waiting for the post that we got paid so NVC going to send instruction for the IV Bill. How long it takes to show up that you been paid. Thank you Guyzzz... God Bless to All. GOOD LUCK

WX7PaYmN8bA

Timeline

And SAM,

Absolutely Christeen, people who navigate alone should really be at the mercy of God. I told her the transaction is pending with my bank, then she replied i should cancel to avoid it completely going through then repair through the invoice i receive in the email today morning. The invoice number for my IV bill and AOS where same. Notwithstanding, NVC do have some experience operators. Recall when i had my approval, on a thursday, then i call on tuesday the following week, the operator told me they just receive the package and i should give them some time to input. Being so anxious i called in the afternoon, the operator i got on phone, HAVE YOU RECEIVE AN APPROVAL NOTICE FOM USCIS? I replied yes. We don't have any sign of your package. MAYBE NVC HAS FEDERAL EMPLOYEES AND CONTARCTORS AS OPERATORS HENCE THEY DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO ALL THE SOURCES OF INFORMATION.

That's not a slam against the feds is it... :lol:

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

And SAM,

I cannot believe they told you to cancel the payment!!!!???? What's up with that??? I am sure they have a running joke about what is the most outrageous line someone can come up with to give us. Unbelievable. Well I am glad you stood your ground too. :thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey GUYZZZ!!!!! I think I move in this group. We paid the AOS bill and sent the DS3032 to NVC tru email. Still waiting for the post that we got paid so NVC going to send instruction for the IV Bill. How long it takes to show up that you been paid. Thank you Guyzzz... God Bless to All. GOOD LUCK

Eric!! Glad you and Myricle are here with us!! It took about 2 weeks before the IV bill came up as available on the website. But then, they are saying to wait until you get the email stating that it is available to be paid.. Mine was available about 4 days before I finally broke down and paid it. Then I got 3 emails saying I could pay it... :whistle:

Read some of the past posts..it's been a real roller coaster ride on the IV bills.

Good Luck!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Wow! My IV bill went back to PAID on the website! I talked to a great NVC woman today who promised me she'd write it up and fix it. She actually kept her promise! I'm so glad! And she got it done the same day...shocking!

Our timeline:

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Wow! My IV bill went back to PAID on the website! I talked to a great NVC woman today who promised me she'd write it up and fix it. She actually kept her promise! I'm so glad! And she got it done the same day...shocking!

Well, you got an efficient and hard working one... I doubt she will be there long...lol...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.