skemper19

VISA DENIED OUTRIGHT???????

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So he had his interview today and the guy asked him a bunch of questions, he answered them, then he asked for evidence he showed it to them, then the guy, who my fiance said was not a very nice guy, said there was not enough evidence and that his visa was denied.

Aren't they supposed to give you a chance to bring more evidence if that's the case? I'm so confused right now. I called the Embassy and they said there was nothing we could do once it was denied.

What are your thoughts? Should I just get married down there and start the K-3 or is it worth it to start the K-1 all over again?

skemper19 - MIAMI

2-13-2006 - Sent K-1 (I-129F) Petition to TSC

2-15-2006 - LOST EXPRESS MAIL RECEIPT SO I CAN'T EVEN TRACK IT TO CONFIRM IT WAS RECEIVED

2-16-2006 - FOUND MY EXPRESS MAIL RECEIPT!!!! Confirmed I-129F package arrived!! YAY!!!!!!

3-1-2006 - TOUCHED!!!!!! Check cleared the bank, now have case #!!!!

3-2-2006 - TOUCHED AGAIN - RECEIVED NOA1 FROM CSC!!!!!!!!!

4-7-2006 through 4-17-2006 - Visited my baby in Colombia ( Had a GLORIOUS time)

5-2-2006 - TOUCHED by e-mail!!!!! I-129F HAS BEEN APPROVED (5-1-2006)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

5-6-06 - TOUCHED BY SNAIL MAIL - RECEIVED NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!

5-22-06 - Called NVC - RECEIVED PETITION AND SENT TO EMBASSY ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!!!!

5-25-06 - RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC CONFIRMING RECEIPT AND SENDING OF PETITION TO EMBASSY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

6-5-06 - PACKET 3 RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

6-16-05 - PACKET 4 RECEIVED!!!!!!!! Interview scheduled for July 14th!!!!!!!

7-14-06 - VISA DENIED DU TO LACK OF EVIDENCE

8-1-06 - Second interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

9-29-06 - He arrived!!!!

10-19-06 - Married at a small ceremony

11-10-0 - sent AOS package

11-17-06 - RECEIVED NOA1 for AOS and EAD

11-27-06 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPT 4 12-14-06 WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

2-1-07 - RECEIVED E-MAIL THAT EAD WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!

2-3-07 - RECEIVED EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!! Lucked out on that one!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

My initial reaction (based on experience with an Asian consulate only) is that Consulates have some discretionary powers and despite what you were told, I'd make an all-out effort to do something at the Consular level immediately in hopes of rescuing the K-1. The two things that come immediately to mind are submitting more evidence (perhaps by fax or FedEx), and calling my Senators and Representative.

Would you give a little more info? What did you submit as Evidence of your Relationship?

I think each one of us knows as we move through this process whether our case has any weaknesses or things a govt official might perceive as a red flag. Do you have any of these, and if so, what did you do to strengthen your case? Could it be any stronger?

I would also call my Senators and Representative immediately and ask to speak with their immigration liaison right away and explain the situation.

As I said before, I'd try to save the K-1, even though they told you there is nothing you can do. I don't believe that's true. I know I've read stories here on VJ where someone pulled an apparently failed interview out of the fire before by acting quickly and with additional evidence.

Good luck....

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

I would think the assumption is that if he had more evidence to bring, he would have had it with him. This was not a case of not being allowed to present the evidence that he had with him, rather a case of inadequate evidence. Other than legal issues, this is the exact thing they are looking for at the interview and they expect you to bring what you have with you. Is there more that he could have brought? If there is, then he was expected to have it and the assumption is that he already brought his best evidence.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
If there is, then he was expected to have it and the assumption is that he already brought his best evidence.

I can't agree more especially with the illegal immigrant issues at hand in the USA I am sure they are being very picky... Eventhough I lived with my fiance for a year and had a lease and multiple bills ... I still submitted everything and anything that I have.. I did not leave any evidence out.. if they want to know if I knew her and had a relationship they can have it..

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So sorry to hear this........this must be the day for bad news. I can tell you right now that representatives and senators can do nothing for you. I just spoke with my senators office this morning and they were as rude as the embassy themselves. They told me that they had no power to do anything as far as the visa was concerned, all they could do was make inquires as to where the case was.

WE havent been denied yet, but the same as, our file was sent back to the USCIS and in our case we had four years of proof but they were not interested in seeing any of it. Some like to think its our fault that we didnt give enough proof.. but the cold hard fact is, if they decide in their mind its a fraud then they could care less about how much proof you have.

I wish you much luck in your process, Im sure by now you are in same awed state that we are , and left wondering how on earth the embassys can treat us in such a way and no one in power seems interested in helping us. I guess they have the same sentiment as my senators office had , which is "there is nothing in the constititution that gives you a right to bring a foreign fiance to America."

vicki/bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Aren't they required to give you a reason for the denial as well as explain any options to you? I know in Ciudad Juarez, for example - I know this is not your case - if your visa is denied and you are eligible for a waiver, they are required to explain both the reason and immigration law code for the denial as well as instruct you to how to file the waiver. I cannot imagine that they can simply say "denied" without providing you with any other information.

Filed: Timeline
So sorry to hear this........this must be the day for bad news. I can tell you right now that representatives and senators can do nothing for you. I just spoke with my senators office this morning and they were as rude as the embassy themselves. They told me that they had no power to do anything as far as the visa was concerned, all they could do was make inquires as to where the case was.

WE havent been denied yet, but the same as, our file was sent back to the USCIS and in our case we had four years of proof but they were not interested in seeing any of it. Some like to think its our fault that we didnt give enough proof.. but the cold hard fact is, if they decide in their mind its a fraud then they could care less about how much proof you have.

I wish you much luck in your process, Im sure by now you are in same awed state that we are , and left wondering how on earth the embassys can treat us in such a way and no one in power seems interested in helping us. I guess they have the same sentiment as my senators office had , which is "there is nothing in the constititution that gives you a right to bring a foreign fiance to America."

vicki/bala

vicki,

As difficult as it is to find reason in all of this, congresspeople are impotent in affecting any decision, but they can, on behalf of their constituents, make enquiries as to progress. If you think about it, would you really want congressional individuals deciding matters that relate to immigration? I know, in my region, I certainly wouldn't!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Maybe someone will have a link to one of the older threads where the USC was able, by immediate action, to save the K-1 from denial. The one that sticks in the back of my head was a male USC, eastern European or Russian fiancee, and I believe she was issued a denial at the interview, but he persisted and they got the visa. Does anyone remember?

I can say, having read a lot here at VJ over the past 1.5 years, that there appears to be TREMENDOUS variation in the attitude and behaviour of CO's, other DOS staff, USCIS staff, elected officials, etc... involved in this process. Tremendous. And just because one approach didn't work for one person doesn't mean it won't work for another. Every case is different, every consulate is different, every CO is different, every interpretation is (seemingly) different. Why not at least try?

It makes me sad to see someone discourage another from doing everything in their power to kick up a little fuss at this crucial juncture. Sure, it may not do one lick of good. But if this was YOUR fiance, wouldn't you try anything and everything???

:(

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

vicki/bala

Your Senators and Congressmen CAN help you, they can call the Consulate and they actually have a positive affect on your case. I would contact yours immediately. Some are more helpful than others so call every office you can to get help. My Congresswoman's office was extremely helpful in my case. Try to contact them before your petition is sent back to the US. Good luck,

Sarah

So he had his interview today and the guy asked him a bunch of questions, he answered them, then he asked for evidence he showed it to them, then the guy, who my fiance said was not a very nice guy, said there was not enough evidence and that his visa was denied.

Aren't they supposed to give you a chance to bring more evidence if that's the case? I'm so confused right now. I called the Embassy and they said there was nothing we could do once it was denied.

What are your thoughts? Should I just get married down there and start the K-3 or is it worth it to start the K-1 all over again?

It is interesting that this happened in South America. This week David went for his interview on the 11th in La Paz Bolivia and it did not go well. He was grilled in the morning and they attempted to call my daughter who was testifying in a high profile court case. They brought him back in the afternoon and questioned him more then said that they had doubts because he did not seem to know enough about our family. They sheduled him for another interview.

We immediately went on the offensive calling the office of the consular explaining why he did not know what he did not know and demanding to know what more evidence that they needed. Letters from people that my daughter discussed her plans to marry. A copy of her bridal registery. What would it take.

When he returned on Thursday his Visa was ready.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Maybe someone will have a link to one of the older threads where the USC was able, by immediate action, to save the K-1 from denial. The one that sticks in the back of my head was a male USC, eastern European or Russian fiancee, and I believe she was issued a denial at the interview, but he persisted and they got the visa. Does anyone remember?

I can say, having read a lot here at VJ over the past 1.5 years, that there appears to be TREMENDOUS variation in the attitude and behaviour of CO's, other DOS staff, USCIS staff, elected officials, etc... involved in this process. Tremendous. And just because one approach didn't work for one person doesn't mean it won't work for another. Every case is different, every consulate is different, every CO is different, every interpretation is (seemingly) different. Why not at least try?

It makes me sad to see someone discourage another from doing everything in their power to kick up a little fuss at this crucial juncture. Sure, it may not do one lick of good. But if this was YOUR fiance, wouldn't you try anything and everything???

:(

Maya

Im simply saying what I was told by my senators office this morning.. I am assuming that the law is same for every senator .. they said WE HAVE NO POWER TO DO ANYTHING EXCEPT INQUIRE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE CASE! Im just telling the OP so that they dont get their hopes up as we did thinking the senators office was gonna rush in and save us. If the OP needs an inquiry as to why the case was denied by all means call the senator.. but if you are expecting the senator to change that......then dont be fooled, they have no power whatsoever in getting anything changed as far as the visa is concerned. And it was my fiance and I did kick up a fuss, with the consolate which did no good. I called my congressman and got no where and again with my senator. I didnt mean to bring the CO down .. I wish them all the best in the world, but I also want them to be prepared and not think that someone out there is going to magically help them with this sitution...so far it hasnt happened for us. I truly hope things are different for them. Because I love success stories as much as anyone else does.

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Skemper19 - you say your fiance was denied outright - Was he given ANY kind of paperwork as a result of his interview?? Did they take but not return his passport? Or did they let him leave with it?

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know there is someone who went through Morocco who was able to overturn the denial before their case was sent back to the states. I know also that her congressman or senator helped because they called the Consulate about it and were able to help her. Move quickly- that's the most important thing now. You should contact everyone you can who will be able to help you and inquire about the denial at the Consulate. Good luck and take the chance whether they will be helpful or not so much to contact your representitives.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Aren't they supposed to give you a chance to bring more evidence if that's the case?

Yes, but they don't have to accept it at the embassy right now. Did you get a 221g? What does it say?

I'm so confused right now. I called the Embassy and they said there was nothing we could do once it was denied.

Before you can make an informed decision about what to do next you need to know for sure what actually happened. There is DENIAL, and there is REFUSAL to issue the visa. Either way it would be very helpful for you to know if the problem can be overcome by evidence. You would need to post more about the situation for more specific info, unless you'd just like to hear someone rant about how unfair the system is, which in some cases, it is.

(sorry.. not much for ranting tonight, I guess)

If your petition is still at the embassy and hasn't been returned you can still try and fight it. Once they return the petition they need a new approval from DHS before they can issue a visa. IF you know that some important evidence is missing you could try sending it anyway. Fax might work. Sometimes you have to keep calling and calling until you either get someone more helpful and less full of misinformation, or they get sick of you and put you through to someone who might be more helpful.

Good luck.

Jaci - Florida , Ciprian - Brasov, Romania

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visiting for a month April 19 '06

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.