19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I hope i can get some help in this forum. My wife just went to the interview in Lagos Nigeria for her visa, she was denied visa, because she doesn't have old pictures of us together or our parent present in the wedding pictures. The parents were not present at the wedding because one was going through surgery and the other was out of state.

I left Lagos in 1996 and we've kept in touch ever since. I went back home in 2007 and we got married at the registry office in Lagos. It was only my brother, my wife's sister and some guess that was present at the wedding. I just hope they don't think this is a fraud. I presented every documents needed she was approved in America immigration office how come they denied her visa in lagos? I am so upset about the whole situation. this is ridiculous. I hope i can get some help here.

She answered every questions correctly I was told. Except when the offical asked her why the parents were not present at the wedding. We did the wedding in a rush because i only had few days to my departure from lagos. The offical did not schedule her for another interview, he just wrote visa denied due to not enough evidence.

What is the next thing to do so she can get the visa? before they send the whole documents back to the USCIS. Or How can i go about helping her?

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I hope i can get some help in this forum. My wife just went to the interview in Lagos Nigeria for her visa, she was denied visa, because she doesn't have old pictures of us together or our parent present in the wedding pictures. The parents were not present at the wedding because one was going through surgery and the other was out of state.

I left Lagos in 1996 and we've kept in touch ever since. I went back home in 2007 and we got married at the registry office in Lagos. It was only my brother, my wife's sister and some guess that was present at the wedding. I just hope they don't think this is a fraud. I presented every documents needed she was approved in America immigration office how come they denied her visa in lagos? I am so upset about the whole situation. this is ridiculous. I hope i can get some help here.

She answered every questions correctly I was told. Except when the offical asked her why the parents were not present at the wedding. We did the wedding in a rush because i only had few days to my departure from lagos. The offical did not schedule her for another interview, he just wrote visa denied due to not enough evidence.

What is the next thing to do so she can get the visa? before they send the whole documents back to the USCIS. Or How can i go about helping her?

Thank you.

trebor6164 first of all i'm sorry to hear that (F) i take it you applied for a K3 visa correct? and was she denied under INA 221G? please fill in your timeline so we can understand and that will assist us in helping you.

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
When was this? What did the denial reason say?

She went to the interview September 14, 2009. The visa have to be k3 because we married. The reason was that the pictures doesn't have both parties parents in it. she told the Offical the reason why the parents weren't there. The reason is in the original post. The offical then requested some type of pictures that shows that we were friends from childhood according to what she told the offical. but she couldn't provide that because we never thought that we would end up together.

any help Pleaseeeeee. thank you.

When was this? What did the denial reason say?

She went to the interview September 14, 2009. The visa have to be k3 because we married. The reason was that the pictures doesn't have both parties parents in it. she told the Offical the reason why the parents weren't there. The reason is in the original post. The offical then requested some type of pictures that shows that we were friends from childhood according to what she told the Offical. but she couldn't provide that because we never thought that we would end up together.

any help Pleaseeeeee. thank you.

i am so sorry to hear that, abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

My first K1 petition was denied mainly do to "lack of pictures" with me and my fiancees family.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You must try to keep the application at the embassy, not have it sent back to the USA. Contact your elected representatives (senator etc) and see if they an help. Also contact the embassy yourself, request another interview. Have you been to visit your wife since 2007? If the 2007 visit was your only one, that could have contributed to the denial- if you can be there for a second interview, that would help. What evidence of bonafide marriage did you supply (other photos, emails, phone bills, letters, recipts from presents you sent eachother, affidavits from friends and family etc)?

Have you got a CR=1 in the works also or did you go only the K3 route?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Contact your congress or senator representative. You must get the visa to stay at the embassy level. You might want to contact a immigration lawyer that specializes in denials.

There reason for denial is not a valid reason. The shoudl have requested more information. You can't deny someoen because their family was not at the wedding. Period.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

sorry to hear, hope it goes through :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

First, Im sorry that you guys are going through this...

This thread is very informative: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

There are some people who have alot of experience with petitions being sent back. start there and i hope you can keep it at the consulate

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your effort. I emailed the U.S.A embassy in lagos nigeria and this is what they replied me.

How do I go about this issue?

According to our records, this case will be returned with a recommendation that the petition be revoked. This case will be returned to DHS/USCIS 90 to 120 days from the date of the applicant's interview. We would advise that you contact DHS/USCIS with any additional inquiries as the case is considered closed in Lagos.

Immigrant Visa Section

US Consulate General

Lagos, Nigeria

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your effort. I emailed the U.S.A embassy in lagos nigeria and this is what they replied me.

How do I go about this issue?

According to our records, this case will be returned with a recommendation that the petition be revoked. This case will be returned to DHS/USCIS 90 to 120 days from the date of the applicant's interview. We would advise that you contact DHS/USCIS with any additional inquiries as the case is considered closed in Lagos.

Immigrant Visa Section

US Consulate General

Lagos, Nigeria

check out the link i posted above and you can see what your next steps will be. good luck!

in your thread title, you called her your fiance... just wondering why you would call your wife a fiance? If she used the word fiance during her spousal visa interview, that may be another issue as well. just thinking out loud here

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

why denied? its just lack of evidence they must tell to your wife that just provide picture of the wedding not denied that suck.

i got also interviewed here in hongkong and i have incomplete document but they did'nt denied my visa instead just pending and wait to present my record of no marriages.then when they got my record of marriages my visa will be send here at home..

i think to make it sure everything is fine just hire a lawyer. a lawyer will tell help you..

HONGKONG PHILIPPINES PASSPORT

oct 28 2008--MARRIED

dec 28 2008 -- send the i-130 to uscis

feb 3-2009-- approaved

feb - 2009 -- bill generated

feb- 2009 --choice of address

mar 18 2009 --IV Fee Payment Receipt Details online in process for visa payment

mar - 2009-- recieved ds-230

april 1 2009 -- missing documents i-864 (something skip) sent back by then..

May - 2009 ---sent ds-230/NBI/marriages contract/birthcert/photo( original copy)

june 24 2009 --sent to nvc payment statement..

june 26 2009-- resent the reciept of IV fee.nvc missing..

july 1 2009----recieved INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT..

july 27-2009 NVC completed.

july 31-2009 medical

sept 4 2009 INTERVIEW

sept 4 2009 passed the interview but my visa pending its bcoz i do need to send CENOMAR ( certificate of no marriages) NSO should be send direct to us consulate in hongkong then my visa will send to me once they receive my CENOMAR... wait for another month again :(

sept 17,09 NSO already send the CENOMAR to hongkong consulate.

sept 30,09 HongKong us consulate received my CENOMAR

oct 7.09 visa in hand :)

nov 23,09 Port of entry

dec 15.09 letter from uscis (WELCOME NOTICE)

January 15 2010 expected to receive the original green card..

as1cF3P0g410000Nzc3ODZ8Mzc4amx8Zmx5IHRvIHVzYQ.gif

YMALIA

2_415330520l.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lagos is a very hard headed consulate. It seems as if their theme is DENY DENY DENY. There are many stories of people presenting twice the evidence as couples from other countries and still being denied. And Lagos will also just take a hard nosed attitude of the visa being sent back. They will say it is already being sent back even when it is still there. Contact a good attorney . Marc Ellis would be my choice. He is a board member under Ellis Island. Even if he isn't your long term pick he will be able to tell you the laws and the possible next steps.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.