D_G

just got approval in mail...

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ok guys, I'm a tad confused.

I just got the petition for approval which is listed as valid from 9/9/2009 to 12/9/2009.

This is the text:

"

The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa insurance or if you would like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file form I 824, Aplication for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

When the person this petition is for enters the US based on this visa, he or she will be admitted for ninety (90) days in order to marry the petitioner, and based on that marriage file for adjustment to permanent resident status on Form I-485. The form to apply for adjustment can be obtained at any local USCIS office or USCIS forms center. Please attach a copy of this notice to the adjustment application when you file it.

If the petitioner and the fiance do not marry within these 90 days, status will expire, and he or she will be in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act if he or she does not depart. An extension cannot be granted. It is requested that the petitioner inform his or her local USCIS office if he or she determines that the marriage will not take place within the 90 day period. Please attach a copy of this notice to any correspondence about this case.

"

So - what does this mean exactly? Ie my thoughts were that the english consulate will get info and we'll have to do all that, etc - but it says we have to get married within the 90 days listed (til December). Donna is here in the US with me right now til October, so I imagine she'll have to go home and then come back?

Thanks

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I should've explained better - Donna is here in the states with me for a visit until October 20th; if we have 3 months from now, is there any way of her meeting with someone here in the US and not having to go home?

'Love - Life - Loyalty'

I just got the petition for approval which is listed as valid from 9/9/2009 to 12/9/2009.

This is the text:

"

The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa insurance or if you would like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file form I 824, Aplication for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

When the person this petition is for enters the US based on this visa, he or she will be admitted for ninety (90) days in order to marry the petitioner, and based on that marriage file for adjustment to permanent resident status on Form I-485. The form to apply for adjustment can be obtained at any local USCIS office or USCIS forms center. Please attach a copy of this notice to the adjustment application when you file it.

If the petitioner and the fiance do not marry within these 90 days, status will expire, and he or she will be in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act if he or she does not depart. An extension cannot be granted. It is requested that the petitioner inform his or her local USCIS office if he or she determines that the marriage will not take place within the 90 day period. Please attach a copy of this notice to any correspondence about this case.

"

So - what does this mean exactly? Ie my thoughts were that the english consulate will get info and we'll have to do all that, etc - but it says we have to get married within the 90 days listed (til December). Donna is here in the US with me right now til October, so I imagine she'll have to go home and then come back?

Thanks

:time: congrats

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

I should've explained better - Donna is here in the states with me for a visit until October 20th; if we have 3 months from now, is there any way of her meeting with someone here in the US and not having to go home?

All we know is that you have filed for a K-1 and since you haven't filled in your timeline you've given very little info.

You may have just got the NOA2, where it goes from USCIS to the National Visa Center and then the consulate, or

it may have already gone to the consulate, I'm not sure.

In any case, she is welcome to talk to an immigration official, but they will tell her not to overstay her current (legal) visa

and be sure to not miss the interview in the home country. You've elected to go the K-1 route and can't change

dolphins in mid-stream, without losing the time you've spent getting this far.

Again, :time:

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thats your NVC approval.. you still must complete the consulate phase of the process. She must attend an interview at the consulate. The pkt will be sent to the address that was provided for her in the initial filing.

Please do everyone a favor and :time:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

This is the text:

"

"

Thanks

This notice is what we call "NOA2" here on VisaJourney: Approval Notice for your I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance. It means the first step of the K-1 process is complete. Now that USCIS has approved the petition, it will be sent to the State Department's National Visa Center, which will forward it to the consulate—presumably London.

The 90 days to get married referenced in the notice have not started yet. They will not start until your fiancee enters the US using the K-1 visa issued by the US consulate in London. The time period that you should now be concerned with is 4 months: the approval notice you received is valid for four months. If your fiancee does not interview for her visa in London within that time, you'll need to write to the consulate to ask them to revalidate the approved petition.

Your fiancee will need to go home, interview at the consulate, be issued a visa, and return to the US. An approved I-129F petition does not provide a basis for her to adjust status while remaining in the US on the visa waiver program.

No.

First of all, you don't have three months from now to get married. You have four months from now for your fiancee to interview at the consulate in London to be issued a K-1 visa.

Second, as stated above, your fiancee may not adjust status in the US based on an approved I-129F. She will have to return home, interview at the consulate, and return to the US after the K-1 visa is issued.

:guides: and the K-1 Visa Flowchart to help you understand the process better. They can be accessed from the menus at the top of the VisaJourney pages.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations and best wishes! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats! :)

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

This is the text:

"

"

Thanks

:dance: :dance: :dance:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

congrats

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

This is the text:

"

"

Thanks

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Congrats on the approval!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.