FutureAmerican

Handgun suggestions

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
How about a brick launcher?

it's not polite to throw democrats at people.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I guess the other kind of launcher would be a manure catapault for Republicans.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

that's the fallback position for news distribution if the left wingnuts get fox news shut down.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And a surge protector or internet filter for you HAL 2.0.0.9 :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

that's the fallback position for news distribution if the left wingnuts get fox news shut down.

And the prior one for that supposed liberal media elite is toppled by all those heavy breathing screamers in the GOP. :lol:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Thanks very much to all who replied with suggestions - have a lot to consider and will be popping back to a range where I can rent some of the handguns suggested here before making my final selection!

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update for those who were interested - I ended up buying a Glock 17 (9mm), went through the qualification course this week, and managed to score 448 out of 500 points (375 required for qualification) and placed 4th out of 14 in the class :thumbs:

Edited by FutureAmerican

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just a quick update for those who were interested - I ended up buying a Glock 17 (9mm), went through the qualification course this week, and managed to score 448 out of 500 points (375 required for qualification) and placed 4th out of 14 in the class :thumbs:

Wow! Congrats! :thumbs:

Timeline

good score and congrats.

but hmpfff...a glock <_<

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

good choice and shooting

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Sig Sauer 9mm.

2630177412_fd6a763ded.jpg

Yeah, SIG is a quality handgun, expensive also. Personally for a handgun that is used for show much more than anything I am vain enough to make a statement. For instance my normal carry gun now is a Colt M1903 .32ACP simply because if there is a more elegant gentlemans gun and I am a quintessential gentleman, then I have yet to find it. Yeah, right, I know, if I shoot someone with it and they find out about it, they will prbably kick my @ss, but then again it will probably discourage the typical Vermont pursesnatcher (there are 2 in Vermont at last count) would probaly go look fo an unarmed victim and save himself a sting from a .32

For your job I would be looking for a classic revolver, maybe a S&W M15 or M19. I'd go for a 5" barrel if I could find one, just to be different. A Colt Police Positive Special, or Official Police would be right there also. I cannot imagine a situation in hospital security that couldn't be handled in style with a good .38 revolver. Blued of course.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My recommendation would be a SIG 239. You can get it in 9M, 357 SIG and .40 but the whole debate about whether it should be a 9 or 40 is like being on a Harley Davidson forum and opening a thread on which oil is best to use.

By the way, just as important to which gun to buy is the "Holster" question you didnt ask. Since you are dealing with a lot of sane and insane nut jobs in a hospital and, you have mentioned being in several love fests with suspects (I mean patients) you might think long and hard what holster your going to wear. It's always a bad day when a gun gets taken away from you or, it goes for a walk on its own while your arm wrestling with a whack job.

Oh, I wont even dare to start an ammo discussion here for your new Glcok but if you go to the SIG Forum or Glock Forum, you see ammo opinions and insults hurled about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Received in Chicago