esoll

Travel ban

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
and on my interview I will let them know what I think about this..

:lol: I'm sure that will accomplish a lot besides pissing off the interviewer who holds your fate in his or her hands.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe you're confused about the K1 visa and what it allows you to do. As a fiancée, you're given the visa that allows you to marry and adjust status to that of a permanent resident. It is a very limited visa and yes, I think it sucks, and you're currently suffering the consequences of that limited visa. But you did have other options. If you had gone the other route of marrying first, then immigrating and used the CR1 you could come and go as you please and you would have a green card right now. Whether you understood it or not, this was the choice you made by having the wedding in the US and not wanting to apply for the green card out of the country.

Immigration law is not changing any time soon. We are all dealing with it.

The way I see it we need to ask for a permission (AP) to travel but it will be given only for emergency. We are effectively prevented from a government from traveling and it is not an acceptable behavior.

You will be granted AP for reasons other than emergency....to visit my parents....to go to my cousins wedding in Barbados...

You don't have to give a specific date and place of travel.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
and on my interview I will let them know what I think about this..

:lol: I'm sure that will accomplish a lot besides pissing off the interviewer who holds your fate in his or her hands.

lol do it i want to see what happens..

Sophanna Ven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Free of our moves is not a privilege (given by somebody because we are nice) but rather a right and at this moment I have to make many concessions around my life just because this moving restriction that was imposed to us..

I wish to know one good reason why a K1 can't travel abroad after the first entry. I take it all back if I can have one good valid reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Sorry but I can't sit back and shut my mouth right now....

To the OP :

1. YOU ARE finally with the person you love-why not be happy about that long process being over and done with instead of bitching about "being stopped from traveling"

2. I suppose you knew the rules when you applied for a K1 Visa to be with your loved one,if you didnt know the rules you obviously didnt take the time to GET the information

3.Would you have gotten married in Switzerland (or even in the US ) you could have applied for a multiple entry K3 Visa,which would enable you to re enter the US

4.nobody on this site likes how long the process is and 6that family Immigration is very comlicated and nerve wrecking at times,but ALL of us knew beforehand what we are getting into,so making it sound like the US hold you hostage here is ridiculous !

And last but not least 4,if you like (liberal) Switzerland and how they run their Country and what Immigration Laws they have oh so much then PLEASE feel free to get on a plane and leave ! But do me a personal favor and dont get AP before you do!

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
Sorry but I can't sit back and shut my mouth right now....

To the OP :

1. YOU ARE finally with the person you love-why not be happy about that long process being over and done with instead of bitching about "being stopped from traveling"

2. I suppose you knew the rules when you applied for a K1 Visa to be with your loved one,if you didnt know the rules you obviously didnt take the time to GET the information

3.Would you have gotten married in Switzerland (or even in the US ) you could have applied for a multiple entry K3 Visa,which would enable you to re enter the US

4.nobody on this site likes how long the process is and 6that family Immigration is very comlicated and nerve wrecking at times,but ALL of us knew beforehand what we are getting into,so making it sound like the US hold you hostage here is ridiculous !

And last but not least 4,if you like (liberal) Switzerland and how they run their Country and what Immigration Laws they have oh so much then PLEASE feel free to get on a plane and leave ! But do me a personal favor and dont get AP before you do!

Nat

Totally missing my point. Enough said...

Timeline
Free of our moves is not a privilege (given by somebody because we are nice) but rather a right and at this moment I have to make many concessions around my life just because this moving restriction that was imposed to us..

I wish to know one good reason why a K1 can't travel abroad after the first entry. I take it all back if I can have one good valid reason.

How this this a right? Where is this written? I would like to know. And, as others have stated many, many, many times already: you CAN travel abroad after entry. You just can't return without an AP, and you can apply for an AP when you file for AOS. Or, if you have a family emergency you can apply for an emergency/expedited AP in a couple different ways. You cannot return to the U.S. without permission before you receive your green card because you have no right to do so, you are not an official resident of the U.S. at that point.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

One good reason.... WELCOME TO THE WORLD of immigration, you can take it or leave it, your choice. By means Leave if it is that importart to your SO, but then you will have to start all over again because the LAW will not let let. We are ruled by the laws of the United States adn that is how it is..........

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

We ALL will have different takes but we MUST adhere to rules and regulations of the land, especially as they say 'YOUR HAND IS IN THE LION'S MOUTH. Remember the people you want to complain too are the same personnel to approve your case. Just keep that in mind.

12/30/05 - married

7/14/06 - sent I-130

7/18/06 - notice of arrival I-130

8/03/09 - received approval I-130

7/28/09 - sent AOS package

7/29/09 - arrived Chicago lockbox

8/05/09 - touched

8/07/09 - received notice of arrival I-485

8/07/09 - received Biometrics appoitment notice for 9/2/09

8/22/09 - did walk-in biometrics (in/out within 30 minutes)

8/25/09 - touched

10/23/09 - received interview appoitment letter for 11/24/09

11/24/09 - Interview - approved received I-551 stamp

11/25/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

11/28/09 - received welcome letter from USCIS (by mail)

11/30/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

12/02/09 - received email from USCIS - I-1485 approval noticed mailed out

12/03/09 - touched

12/05/09 - received 10 year green card in the mail, Thank you Jesus

I always wondered and still do what the reasoning is for not being able to travel and reenter the US before you get AP or the GC.

I've seen some people go thru a LOT of grief when they couldn't IMMEDIATELY return home because of a family emergency.

Sucks

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
I always wondered and still do what the reasoning is for not being able to travel and reenter the US before you get AP or the GC.

I've seen some people go thru a LOT of grief when they couldn't IMMEDIATELY return home because of a family emergency.

Sucks

I'm sure a lawyer could explain in some detail why a K1 is a single-entry and others are multiple-entry visas, but we'd all be more confused and probably pretty bored after the explanation anyway.

Regardless, the OP seems to have created a thread to vent, and more power to him, but it doesn't change the fact that all of this information was available to him before he started the process. He chose to complain a little too late. I know you weren't arguing that point though.

Filed: Timeline
I am seeing most of the postings are "take it and shove it" type of deal. I still believe someone telling me when we can or can't travel is not acceptable. Seems as we are accepting it just because it is that way. Not so! and on my interview I will let them know what I think about this..

Whoa... you need to chill out. The instructions on how the K-1 process work are quite clear, and so is US immigration law. You should have known about this beforehand. If you didn't do your research, you cannot possibly blame USCIS for that... or think they actually will give a hoot what you tell them at your interview :lol: . And just pray you don't catch the interviewer in a bad day, or your complaint and attitude might grant you a lovely denial of Adjustment of Status. Playing piss match with USCIS is a guaranteed FAIL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.