grreyes6

SPOUSE REQUESTED TO ATTEND NEXT INTERVIEW

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Inappropriate post removed

Thank you all for supporting the OP, and just a reminder that those who have nothing useful to add to the discussion should just not add anything.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that, hopefully all will go well with you going down there, I know it is a pain in a** :crying: but just think once this process is over, your family will live happly ever after :innocent:

as1cF3M0g410000MDAzMTBsfDAwMDEyNjdsfEhvbGRpbmcgbXkgaHViYnlcJ3MgaGFuZCBhZ2Fpbg.gif

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wish you the best of lucks and just a quick advice if you haven't bought your ticket, don't buy it to ciudad Juarez, buy it to el paso because the planes that go to ciudad Juarez go to mexico city first and is an unecesary connection and would probably be more expensive.

And yeah to the one who said Cd. Juarez was like vacation, is not. I mean you don't see the cartel people in every corner, but you do see the MP in trucks with guns andeverything, also be prepared for the heat, is almost unbearable, everything has AC but is still really hot when you are on the street

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I wish you the best of lucks and just a quick advice if you haven't bought your ticket, don't buy it to ciudad Juarez, buy it to el paso because the planes that go to ciudad Juarez go to mexico city first and is an unecesary connection and would probably be more expensive.

And yeah to the one who said Cd. Juarez was like vacation, is not. I mean you don't see the cartel people in every corner, but you do see the MP in trucks with guns andeverything, also be prepared for the heat, is almost unbearable, everything has AC but is still really hot when you are on the street

Mu husband told me itwas extremely hot. And yes, I know Juarez is not a vacation! I did already llok into airline tickets and realized flying to El Paso was the best deal by far. I contacted Victor for a ride from the airport straight to my hotel.

Thanks again for the "heads up"

Gayla

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well I have my interview date with my husband at the embassy on Aug 24th. I have collected 14 letters from friends and family proving we have a bona fide marriage. I have been racking my brain over what else can I bring. Does anyone have suggestions? Like I said before, I have already sent 40-50 photos, over a dozen of each letters, cards, envelopes, wedding congrats. I have a few bills in both our names. I have copies of my insurance policy where he is the benificary and also on my dental plan.

Should I print out our text and phone call logs over the last 2 weeks since he has been gone? I want to be totally prepared!

I will be grateful for any advice!

Thanks

Gayla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Bring all that and more pictures if you can, when i went to my regular interview i brought our full wedding album, and lots of random pictures of us together with friends, family, etc. Also reciepts of hotels, or plane tickets and stuff like that, everything and anything that proves that you share a marital life even from appart.

Again i wish you the best of lucks and you'll be in my prayers

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Bring EVERYTHING you can (i.e. how about every single picture you've ever taken together?)! Make it so there's nothing you're not giving them.

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Bring EVERYTHING you can (i.e. how about every single picture you've ever taken together?)! Make it so there's nothing you're not giving them.
100% ditto to this, si man! Be sure to let us know the outcome, in detail.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hello all!

Just wanted to let you know we did get approved to file for the waiver! YEA!!!!

The interview was exactly like what I thought. A 5 minute interview where the gentleman sat there and tried to make us look foolish because of our age difference. Nothing else was discussed, only the age difference,He WOULD NOT look at anything I brought. Only photos which he briefly looked at for 30 seconds. It was a joke, but I stood my ground and we were approved. I was so angry though that after everythgin I had gathered and all the eveidence I had brought, he wanted nothing to do with it. Oh well its done.

Gerardo's waiver interview is Oct 22. Has anyone had any luck in calling to get the appointments moved up? If so, how often did you call, what time of day? I was thinking of maybe calling 2 times a week and maybe see if we can get lucky!

Gayla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

congrats on the 2nd interview :thumbs: good luck on the waiver interview :yes:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.