Peikko

Burn, baby, burn: Simon Cowell battered by Mediterranean sun

20 posts in this topic

Simon-Cowells-Saint-Trope-001.jpg Simon Cowell looking pasty leaving his hotel in Scotland on 12 July, and after sunbathing in St Tropez on 20 July. Photograph: Matrixphotos.com/FilmMagic

As befits a man of his fabulous wealth and talent, Simon Cowell enjoys many of the trappings of the LA lifestyle. But while he has the cars, the mansions, the high-waisted but exquisitely tailored trousers – there is one thing about him that remains resolutely, even defiantly, English: his skin.

Like his fellow countrymen, the pop mogul seems to be cursed with an epidermis that burns like milk before a flamethrower when he ventures out of the shade.

This picture, snapped in St Tropez, suggests the 49-year-old has either been held hostage by a disgruntled sunbed or seriously underestimated the furious power of the Mediterranean sun.

Whatever the cause, his battle scars are all too familiar. First there is the bright pink hue of the flesh, reminiscent of a lobster freshly plucked from the pot but yet to be covered with a cheesy duvet of thermidor sauce.

Then there are the pale peephole eyes, a painful reminder that there was at least one part of himself that Cowell did remember to cover.

Finally there is the classic white T-shirt, a humbling garment which, in its own mute fashion, speaks eloquent volumes about the before and after eras of Cowell's sun-tortured flesh.

Link

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

funny i always blame the scottish side of my fam for my burning in the summer.. perhaps I should blame the english side! :unsure:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
funny i always blame the scottish side of my fam for my burning in the summer.. perhaps I should blame the english side! :unsure:

uh huh i agree! blame the english! :lol:

I (L) u Amber! :whistle:

Separated!!

he looks like a dog's pecker

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I find Simon Cowell oddly and disturbingly attractive.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

aw sheesh..gag me with a spoon

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Like his fellow countrymen, the pop mogul seems to be cursed with an epidermis that burns like milk before a flamethrower when he ventures out of the shade.

:lol:

Indeed, the only thing bigger than his ego seems to be his ability to burn when exposed to sunlight. Perhaps he's a vampire???

:lol:

I love the way the Guardian journalists express themselves. I am biased towards the paper as a result ;)

Even despite their penchant for spoiling mistakes and grammatical no no's.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

:help: I find this post oddly disturbing ;)

I know. It disturbs me too. I also was strangely attracted to Edward Norton in the movie American History X. Sometimes my subconscious frightens me.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Me too, and it's frightening! :blush:

:huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!