Yong

Why is "A copy of the entire I-129f package" Needed?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why risk an RFE because something did not make it to the consulate or got lost at the consulate?

Better to be well prepared and secure the visa, then suffer a delay while having to send in a document.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I am reading "What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):" on K-1 guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

I wonder why "A copy of the entire I-129f package" is needed. Does the consulate require that? Shouldn't they already have a copy?

It probably is NOT needed. Go with that. DON'T send it because governement agencies alomost never lose anything, especially when sent to 3 different branches all over the world.

If your fiancee needs some part of it because some part of it got lost by the government then you will be happy becuase you did not spend a few minutes at the copier or the extra postage. And you will be happy because your visa gets delayed for several more weeks while you get the requested information to the consulate. But government agencies rarely lose anything, so don't worry about that. In this process, if the government make a mistake...it is YOUR problem. NEVER ofrget that. They will NOT say "Oh, we lost it, never mind, you don't need it then" NO. They will say "We lost it, we need another copy. We we hold your visa until we get it" There is an entire forum called the "221g" forum about this, but no one posts there because the government never loses anything.

First I would say YOU should hand carry a copy of the whole thing there to the interview rather than send your fiancee into a scary foreign consulate herself to complete a process you are supposedly doing "together". Absent the courtesy of actually being there, NO ONE should ever go to any interview without a copy of every piece of paper ever sent to the USCIS or the consulate. Same applies to the AOS interview later. Going to the interview without it is a fool's errand.

If she doesn't need it, she will take it right back out with her. She will have your visa and you will be smiling.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I am reading "What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):" on K-1 guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

I wonder why "A copy of the entire I-129f package" is needed. Does the consulate require that? Shouldn't they already have a copy?

It is not a technical requirement, no.

It is a "just in case" measure which is recommended.

I sent Nik electronic copies of forms and notices. He already knew everything on them, and didn't require any cheat sheets to answer interview questions properly.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I had mine with me during my interview. Did I need it? No. Would I have, if I didn't bring it? Murphy's law.

Even if you have more than enough for the interview, it's ok. Every consulate and every consular is different. When reading the posts of those that went through it, questions, and proof of relationship, to financial matters seemed to vary from person to person. My consular hardly looked at anything. She asked for proof. I handed her a big stack of pictures, she took one look at the top one, and that was it. Didn't want to see anything more. But others may want to. I advise that you save EVERYTHING from your interview, and proof of relationship, until you are finally done with USCIS. For a few years, we live under their microscope. And even when it looks like your finished with them, keep it all anyways. It's not going to take that much room up in a closet or something.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Not just that, but if you had gotten an RFE during the petition phase, then all you have to do is go to your copied version and extract whatever you'd need. Not to mention that USCIS does - at times - lose pieces of paper, and may ask the beneficiary to produce it at the interview.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

As others have stated, it's just in case. It will also help weigh her down as she floats out of the embassy after being told "You're Approved, Have a nice life in the US"

Agree?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Also - you should make a copy for yourself - to save you from sleepless nights when you think you didn't sign something, or include something in your initial petition....

:)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

It's probably not needed. We didn't have a copy and I asked a similar question months ago before our consulate interview.

It would help to know which country you are from.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Also - you should make a copy for yourself - to save you from sleepless nights when you think you didn't sign something, or include something in your initial petition....

Exactly. Having an exact copy for the SO and yourself is good peace of mind. And if something is lost, you just go to your copy and get it. You won't have to scurry around trying to find another form, where you put this or put that, etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Exactly. Having an exact copy for the SO and yourself is good peace of mind. And if something is lost, you just go to your copy and get it. You won't have to scurry around trying to find another form, where you put this or put that, etc.

Worst case is you don't have a copy and they don't give her the visa because your petition is incomplete. Then all you need to do is repeat the petition all over again. No problem.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

It probably is NOT needed. Go with that. DON'T send it because governement agencies alomost never lose anything, especially when sent to 3 different branches all over the world.

If your fiancee needs some part of it because some part of it got lost by the government then you will be happy becuase you did not spend a few minutes at the copier or the extra postage. And you will be happy because your visa gets delayed for several more weeks while you get the requested information to the consulate. But government agencies rarely lose anything, so don't worry about that. In this process, if the government make a mistake...it is YOUR problem. NEVER ofrget that. They will NOT say "Oh, we lost it, never mind, you don't need it then" NO. They will say "We lost it, we need another copy. We we hold your visa until we get it" There is an entire forum called the "221g" forum about this, but no one posts there because the government never loses anything.

First I would say YOU should hand carry a copy of the whole thing there to the interview rather than send your fiancee into a scary foreign consulate herself to complete a process you are supposedly doing "together". Absent the courtesy of actually being there, NO ONE should ever go to any interview without a copy of every piece of paper ever sent to the USCIS or the consulate. Same applies to the AOS interview later. Going to the interview without it is a fool's errand.

If she doesn't need it, she will take it right back out with her. She will have your visa and you will be smiling.

OK, SO WHAT'S WITH THE SARCASM?? :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.