1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi Everyone!!!

How is everything?

Zahid that is a cute picture of both of you!

Lovewaits - how exciting!

Nancy!!! yayyyy Finally!!!

So here's an update and a lesson ....

We received P3. Fiance completed medical (results to arrive monday) ...no vaccines required...(I was sure he would have to take a few and finish the rest here). And guess what ...I could technically email the embassy and request an interview date but bc I have not completed everything on my end (i.e. prepare all the docs, proof of relationship and financial stuff) we have to wait before I send the email.

Lesson: start preparing early! hehehehe :blush:

I'm hoping I can fedex everything to him this weekend ...and hopefully email the embassy by monday.

Goodluck everyone!

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Resha :) And hello to Lovewaits and T&G - so happy to hear that you're together with the one you love.

Wanted to let you guys know that Neil got his passport from the courier today with the almighty visa inside.

He'll be here on the 15th, SIX DAYS.

I still can't believe it!!

Awww I'm so excited for you!!!! What a wonderful Christmas present you guys are getting! :dance:

I fly back home tomorrow, miss my kids but not very excited about it. Damo has his interview on the 22nd, but he isnt planning on coming over until the middle of march, and our wedding is set for the first couple of weeks of April, we are going to sit down and set a date tonight, which is exciting. I keep trying to move his poe date up haha. but he wants to save up some money before coming over to cover the wait time of the EAD. I keep teasing him that once he has the visa in hand, he will have a ####### day at work and then call me and say he is coming tomorrow haha.

Im so happy to hear all the good news on here. Im headed off to meet Damo for lunch, he is at work, and then hang out with him for the rest of the day there since its my last day here. Hugs to everyone! Talk to yall when I'm back in the states!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I keep teasing him that once he has the visa in hand, he will have a ####### day at work and then call me and say he is coming tomorrow haha.

I am hoping for that too!!! This 'need a month to give notices' is #######. He is so stubborn that I don't think I can change his mind.

I do believe I have met my match.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We received P3. Fiance completed medical (results to arrive monday) ...no vaccines required...(I was sure he would have to take a few and finish the rest here). And guess what ...I could technically email the embassy and request an interview date but bc I have not completed everything on my end (i.e. prepare all the docs, proof of relationship and financial stuff) we have to wait before I send the email.

Lesson: start preparing early! hehehehe blush.gif

Wow, Marie! That's so great that things can roll right along once you have the paperwork ready. It must feel fantastic to finally have CONTROL of something, as opposed to being at the mercy of the government. You know I'm still saying all kinds of prayers that you guys are the rare ones that continue to sail right through after the interview with no hold ups.

Awww I'm so excited for you!!!! What a wonderful Christmas present you guys are getting! kicking.gif

I fly back home tomorrow, miss my kids but not very excited about it. Damo has his interview on the 22nd, but he isnt planning on coming over until the middle of march, and our wedding is set for the first couple of weeks of April, we are going to sit down and set a date tonight, which is exciting. I keep trying to move his poe date up haha. but he wants to save up some money before coming over to cover the wait time of the EAD. I keep teasing him that once he has the visa in hand, he will have a ####### day at work and then call me and say he is coming tomorrow haha.

Im so happy to hear all the good news on here. Im headed off to meet Damo for lunch, he is at work, and then hang out with him for the rest of the day there since its my last day here. Hugs to everyone! Talk to yall when I'm back in the states!

Jules

Thanks, Jules! :) Last year was a really awful Christmas for my family, won't go into "poor me" drama here. But, suffice to say, this is going to be the opposite of that Christmas in every way, and the wedding is giving my family something to be happy about and look forward to.

I'm sorry you're going home tomorrow. boo to that. I'm sure your kids will be so excited to see you, but the leaving is the hardest part of this whole dumb thing. but you said it yourself the other day - this will be the LAST last time!! Remember that when you get on that plane. "Never again. Never again!!"

Have a safe return home.

(L) (L) (L)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

hi everyone, I have a quick Question about NVC now. So i got my approval on 23 Nov but until now, NVC claims that they havent receive the case n not in the system yet. They say sometimes it may take up to 30 days for the case to be in the system. is that true? I am worry that we might be in AP then, but then NVC said that we are not in the AP, just NVC stage can take long time as well.

So, wat am i supposed to do now? contact congressman again?

Please advise... argggg.... so took around 5 months to wait for NOA2, now NVC again...... I am really not happyyyy..

please help.

thanks a lot!

Season

Timeline
hi everyone, I have a quick Question about NVC now. So i got my approval on 23 Nov but until now, NVC claims that they havent receive the case n not in the system yet. They say sometimes it may take up to 30 days for the case to be in the system. is that true? I am worry that we might be in AP then, but then NVC said that we are not in the AP, just NVC stage can take long time as well.

So, wat am i supposed to do now? contact congressman again?

Please advise... argggg.... so took around 5 months to wait for NOA2, now NVC again...... I am really not happyyyy..

please help.

thanks a lot!

Season

Wow, I wonder if they lost the paperfile. Kind of strange! I bet you would need to wait 30 days to get congressman to do something. Hopefully it will get cleared up before then. Good luck season!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Congrats, Resha :) And hello to Lovewaits and T&G - so happy to hear that you're together with the one you love.

Wanted to let you guys know that Neil got his passport from the courier today with the almighty visa inside.

He'll be here on the 15th, SIX DAYS.

I still can't believe it!!

Congrts Nancy:)

Hi Everyone!!!

How is everything?

Zahid that is a cute picture of both of you!

Lovewaits - how exciting!

Nancy!!! yayyyy Finally!!!

Lesson: start preparing early! hehehehe :blush:

I'm hoping I can fedex everything to him this weekend ...and hopefully email the embassy by monday.

Goodluck everyone!

Thank you for the Pic comment. Wishing you luck for the smooth journey ahead

Timeline

So here is the latest update on our case. After talking to the embassy representative this morning we were informed that we are on Mandatory Adminstrative Processing and it can take upto two months. I dont have any idea what Mandatory Adminstrative Processing means and why it is such a long wait. I was told at the interview nothing is wrong with our case only problem is the damaged passport which i have taken care of in a short period of time. Now whom should i trust? seems like there is no value for love and our life is the hands of people who have mighty powerful pen in their hands. Christmas wedding, New year together all seems blury now :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
So here is the latest update on our case. After talking to the embassy representative this morning we were informed that we are on Mandatory Adminstrative Processing and it can take upto two months. I dont have any idea what Mandatory Adminstrative Processing means and why it is such a long wait. I was told at the interview nothing is wrong with our case only problem is the damaged passport which i have taken care of in a short period of time. Now whom should i trust? seems like there is no value for love and our life is the hands of people who have mighty powerful pen in their hands. Christmas wedding, New year together all seems blury now :(

Oh, no, Zahid, that's awful! :( If they are going to do something like that, or if there is even a possibility, they should tell you AT the interview, not let you leave thinking your good to go once you fix your passport. I don't UNDERSTAND why a case would even go into AP once it's been APPROVED TWICE! Once with an NOA2, and once at an interview, isn't that what the process is for??

I know they do this with certain countries more than others, Marie is really worried this might happen to her as well. Zahid, I'm so sorry. :(

Edited by roughsweet

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline

Oh, no, Zahid, that's awful! :( If they are going to do something like that, or if there is even a possibility, they should tell you AT the interview, not let you leave thinking your good to go once you fix your passport. I don't UNDERSTAND why a case would even go into AP once it's been APPROVED TWICE! Once with an NOA2, and once at an interview, isn't that what the process is for??

I know they do this with certain countries more than others, Marie is really worried this might happen to her as well. Zahid, I'm so sorry. :(

I think itz because i am from Kashmir and my name is not Joe types:(

Unfortunately, I think you might be right, although from what I hear there can be several reasons for a case to go through AP. However, it doesn't mean it WILL take two months, so hopefully it will not be too bad and you'll soon be good to go! I know it's tough to go through all of this, especially when all you want is to be with the one you love but hang in there, Zahid! There IS light at the other side of the tunnel, even though it might seem a bit dim from time to time. :blush:

Btw, did we ever hear anything about Star's interview? Did I miss it???

Also, it would be nice to see the remaining NOA2s get approved - come on CSC!

Aaaand a big, big hug to Jules who's on her way home from Australia - hang in there, hun!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Timeline

Unfortunately, I think you might be right, although from what I hear there can be several reasons for a case to go through AP. However, it doesn't mean it WILL take two months, so hopefully it will not be too bad and you'll soon be good to go! I know it's tough to go through all of this, especially when all you want is to be with the one you love but hang in there, Zahid! There IS light at the other side of the tunnel, even though it might seem a bit dim from time to time. :blush:

Btw, did we ever hear anything about Star's interview? Did I miss it???

Also, it would be nice to see the remaining NOA2s get approved - come on CSC!

Aaaand a big, big hug to Jules who's on her way home from Australia - hang in there, hun!

Stars Fiance is also on AP :(

Stars Fiance is also on AP :(

Aww really? After all the time she waited for her NOA2.. <_< Hopefully both of you guys will cruise through AP really fast!

No more delays, give us visas now! :bonk:

Ohh and one more thing, I know Wade will be lurking around the thread here sooner or later; so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE! So sorry we can't spend it together, but we will from now on - no more holidays or even regular days apart, I say! (L)

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline
Ohh and one more thing, I know Wade will be lurking around the thread here sooner or later; so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE! So sorry we can't spend it together, but we will from now on - no more holidays or even regular days apart, I say! (L)

...and no business trips for the first year of marriage. That is something I wish I could demand of mine anyways!! :devil:

...and no business trips for the first year of marriage. That is something I wish I could demand of mine anyways!! :devil:

Hear, hear! I say you put it in the vows! :devil:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.