Jolex

KI VISA FOR FIANCE-- still waiting for approval since 5 months

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey all,

Not sure what's happening, we got the first confirmation that our check was received 5 months ago (it will be 5months on July 26), but we havent received any approval letter. Does it usually take this long? I was told the whole process is 6 months. We sent it to Vermont Service Center. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hey all,

Not sure what's happening, we got the first confirmation that our check was received 5 months ago (it will be 5months on July 26), but we havent received any approval letter. Does it usually take this long? I was told the whole process is 6 months. We sent it to Vermont Service Center. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever told you six months for the whole process was a bit off base. The petition stage alone is taking 5 to 6 months now. You'll probably hear something from VSC within the next month.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
Hey all,

Whoever told you six months for the whole process was a bit off base. The petition stage alone is taking 5 to 6 months now. You'll probably hear something from VSC within the next month.

Gees, thanks so how long does the whole process take, I understand it varies

Timeline
Hey all,

Gees, thanks so how long does the whole process take, I understand it varies. Also I cant help myself, I found myself checking the status online several times a day and I have requested for them to email the confirmation to me, does anyone know if it comes authomatically so I can stop checking every hour.

Hey all,

We took 6.5 months from NOA1 to NOA2.

Vermont is a little slower than California too.

Have patience, it will come.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from the "Major Changes" forum to the more appropriate K-1 forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We hit 5 months on July 5th ourselves. VSC's official processing time is now about 7 months. Clearly some people are getting them in less time, but if you don't, USCIS won't take action on your case until that 7 month period has elapsed. That is, unless VSC extends its estimated processing times once again. And really, why wouldn't they? They've got nothing to lose by pushing it off forever.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We hit 5 months on July 5th ourselves. VSC's official processing time is now about 7 months. Clearly some people are getting them in less time, but if you don't, USCIS won't take action on your case until that 7 month period has elapsed. That is, unless VSC extends its estimated processing times once again. And really, why wouldn't they? They've got nothing to lose by pushing it off forever.

Sad, but apparently true.

It also took me 6.5 months to get NOA2. Engaging other people (Senators, congressman, InfoPass) didn't seem to do anything but make me feel like I was doing something. OP, good luck with the wait.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I thought I would have my NOA2 by now but we got and RFE so you have to have LOTS of patience

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ireland

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-13

Check Cashed: 2009-03-16

Touched : 2009-06-25

Touched : 2009-07-22

RFE: 2009-06-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-29

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-09-11

Packet 4 Received :2009-09-18 - got no letter. Just a phone call.

Interview Date : 2009-09-22

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You know what? It is so depresing to hear of such lenghty wait times! I don't think that our forefathers meant for the "puruit of happiness" to be so terribly hard to achieve. It is sad... Might be one of the reasons why so many people decide to become illegal in this country, because doing it the right way gets harder and harder. It is terrible really :angry: We should be rewarded for doing it the right way not punished for it.

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I know how you feel. And to make matters worst the timelines are moving farther and farther. So it seems like we are getting nowhere. Almost for each day that passes in real time VSC pushed your estimated date 2 days or more. Heck....in the past 2 weeks I saw my timeline move from the second half of August to the beggining of October.

I know it is only an estimate...........but it feels frustrating and even more when Vermont approved 2 petitions from May super fast and were not even expedite. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for them because they breezed through what is normally the hardest part of the process.

Yes....I have to be patient. But it is still hard.

PEACE...................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

I know how you feel. And to make matters worst the timelines are moving farther and farther. So it seems like we are getting nowhere. Almost for each day that passes in real time VSC pushed your estimated date 2 days or more. Heck....in the past 2 weeks I saw my timeline move from the second half of August to the beggining of October.

I know it is only an estimate...........but it feels frustrating and even more when Vermont approved 2 petitions from May super fast and were not even expedite. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for them because they breezed through what is normally the hardest part of the process.

Yes....I have to be patient. But it is still hard.

PEACE...................

How do we apply to have our file hidden in that box? Haha.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.