sagarcia

Not sure how we all survive

16 posts in this topic

I have just returned from visiting my fiance in Mexico. We were apart for 5 months. I just feel so sad and empty right now. I don't know how we all make it through this looong process. I know that I have a ways to go, but things just keep going through my mind...like did I fill everything out correctly, will I be one of those cases where we will be waiting longer than 10 months...a year, or longer.it is truly agony. I am questioning everything in my life right now. He wants me with him...I want to be there with him...but realistically lets face it I have children and a great job here in the US...I know that the time will pass. It just seems like time goes by so slowly when you are away from the person that completes your life.

Sorry to ramble, but I figured that this would be the place where most would understand the feelings I have at this time.

broken hearted

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have just returned from visiting my fiance in Mexico. We were apart for 5 months. I just feel so sad and empty right now. I don't know how we all make it through this looong process. I know that I have a ways to go, but things just keep going through my mind...like did I fill everything out correctly, will I be one of those cases where we will be waiting longer than 10 months...a year, or longer.it is truly agony. I am questioning everything in my life right now. He wants me with him...I want to be there with him...but realistically lets face it I have children and a great job here in the US...I know that the time will pass. It just seems like time goes by so slowly when you are away from the person that completes your life.

Sorry to ramble, but I figured that this would be the place where most would understand the feelings I have at this time.

broken hearted

dont worry u will survive. it always hits us the hardest right after a visit, and u dont have to much more time to wait so just stay busy and try to enjoy ur time because after he gets here u will be so busy u will need the rest right now to be able to deal with the million and one things u have to do after he is home

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

broken hearted

Don't let yourself get weighed down with negative thoughts, keep looking forward to your future and the payoff. Make a plan for another short visit in betwen now and the next few months, don't let the next time you see each other depend on this process and some arbitrary date in the unknown.

Best of luck to you!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

broken hearted

Best thing to do is forget about the visa, stop looking at time lines of others it will drive you nut. I get thought it by plan a trip and focus on it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Either way it sucks...I know....even being away for any amt of time is bad, even being 1 day from seeing them is bad....and then of course, the unknown of when you are going to get through all of this....seeing other people get approved in like 2 or so months is a pain in the butt and you get jealous and mad and frustrated....oh yes, we are there too....and then you become addicted to Skype and junk food just to fulfill the need to see him and hear him and to feed that empty feeling....mmhmm...yup...will i fit into my wedding dress now? Who knows...lol....I just want to rip my hair out and make a tantrum like a 3 year old on the floor sometimes...! Oh yes...i'm with ya ....

allison.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I echo part of the advice given by Sara and by John & Nan: It's hardest right after you leave; the best way to get over it is to plan your next trip. Even if you plan it for several months away, it's much easier to have a firm date in mind to look forward to.

Warning: This method can be quite expensive, though. I should know as I'm heading to Jamaica for the 9th time next Sunday. :)

dont worry u will survive. it always hits us the hardest right after a visit, and u dont have to much more time to wait so just stay busy and try to enjoy ur time because after he gets here u will be so busy u will need the rest right now to be able to deal with the million and one things u have to do after he is home

sara

Best thing to do is forget about the visa, stop looking at time lines of others it will drive you nut. I get thought it by plan a trip and focus on it.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is hard I have been liveing like that for about 6 years now seeing my husband 6months at a time ( b/c thats how long they let me stay in mexio) also we have a son 2gether and he is starting school this yr so i cant travel as much so its going to be harder on all 3 of us so im also hoping my husband gets to come here soon :) its hard seeing my son fight back his tears he is only 5 and he knows his dad cant come to the u.s.a b/c he does not have papers lol he tells him dont worry dad dont be sad your papers are coming soon and then u can see my room there and my toys etc........ so we just have to hold up and be strong for a while and pray to God everything goes good and r love ones can be with us soon and for some reason he does not get his visa well ill get my mexican ciz. ship even though i love my country the u.s.a and my jpb here ill do anything in the world for my husband and son so love keeps us strong. now im going on lol

12/28/2007-- Married in mexico

02/2/2009- Sent out I-130

02/06/2009-Noa1

04/27/2009-Noa2 Approved :)

05/02/2009-noa2 Hardcopy in the mail :)

05/18/09- Nvc case number and Ds-3032 also paid Aos bill

06/16/2009- paid IV bill

07/20/2009- sent out Aos ( yea I paid everything now im sending it. I was out of town with my hubby for 2months Thank God they let us pay online now only if we could send everything else online lol )

07/30/2009- Sent out DS-230

08/12/2009- Case Complete with NVC

09/01/2009- Visa interview has been scheduled for 10/05/2009. Letter by email.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

broken hearted

We are in the same boat you are. We are at the beginning of our visa journey. It's been about a month since we got the NOA1. What makes it even harder for us is we are expecting our first baby in October and unless we get a small miracle, he will not be here for the birth. He will more than likely miss the forst couple months of our son's life too so yea we are miserable too. We just take it day by day and we talk a lot on Yahoo like 4-5 hours a day and we use webcam too. It is a very stressful and sad process being apart but the main thing is we stick together and together we can get through this. Good luck to you and just take it day by day.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bren & Ian & Matthew ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

04/05/2008 Met Online

06/30/2008 Ian visited Bren in US for 8 days

09/25/2008 Bren visited Ian in Scotland for six months

12/24/2008 We got engaged!

02/26/2009 We found out we are expecting a baby!!!

05/28/2009 Ian came to visit Bren in US for 8 days

10/07/2009 Baby Matthew born

01/25/2010 We got married!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ AOS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/29/2009 POE Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

01/25/2010 Married

02/22/2010 SSN Received

03/18/2010 Appt with CS for I-693

03/18/2010 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

03/21/2010 AOS Package Delivered

03/29/2010 NOA1 email and text received for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/01/2010 Hardcopies NOA1 received

04/21/2010 Biometrics letter received (scheduled 05/14/2010)

05/14/2010 Biometrics taken

05/15/2010 Touch on I-485 & I-765 (biometrics)

05/17/2010 Touch I-485 & I-765

05/20/2010 Letter received for interview

05/28/2010 I-131 & I-765 approved

06/04/2010 AP received in mail & EAD card production ordered

06/10/2010 EAD card received

06/25/2010 Interview (APPROVED!! YAYYY)

06/30/2010 Welcome to USA letter received

07/10/2010 Green Card Received!!!

04/30/2012 Removal of Conditions sent

11/13/2012 10 year Green Card received - no more USCIS until citizenship!!!!

scotland.gifusa.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

broken hearted

We are in the same boat you are. We are at the beginning of our visa journey. It's been about a month since we got the NOA1. What makes it even harder for us is we are expecting our first baby in October and unless we get a small miracle, he will not be here for the birth. He will more than likely miss the forst couple months of our son's life too so yea we are miserable too. We just take it day by day and we talk a lot on Yahoo like 4-5 hours a day and we use webcam too. It is a very stressful and sad process being apart but the main thing is we stick together and together we can get through this. Good luck to you and just take it day by day.....

To tell you the truth a baby make it hard for the husband. We had our first son in January, Lucky I was there a his birth. She had a C-section so we could plan it. Every time I see a baby I think all what I am missing and when Nan see a couple with a baby it is hard on her too.

We talk 2 times a day on YM and webcam or I will call one time with vontage. Nice to have unlimited calling.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Come on people cheer up, dont be so negative!

We r in this together, I know how it feels, believe me I'm desperate.

Haven't seen my fiance since May and his webcam broke 2 days ago :crying:

We should be feeling happy cos we're about to get married, we r moving in with our loves, isn't that right?

Come on people don't feel sad, we have a good reason to be excited about!!

The big day is getting closer and closer, yay!! :blush:

event.png

12/17/99 - We met in Peru.

01/07/00 - Relationship started.

06/03/08 - Got engaged.

04/17/09 - I-129F sent.

04/22/09 - NOA1.

08/25/09 - NOA2 yay!!!

10/15/09 - Interview date, Visa approved!

11/10/09 - Arrival to US.

12/01/09 - Got married.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think all of us can relate to some point. I haven't seen my fiance since March, and don't get to see him until October. The time goes by both quickly and slowly.

I understand your worries with the paperwork as well. I question every day if it will all go through alright.

Just knowing that by getting through this, you will be going through one of the most difficult things you can go through as a couple, and everything else will seem so easy when you are finally together. That's how my fiance and I look at it.

Good luck, and stay sane.

All of us have certainly felt the same feelings and had the same questions about ourselves during the process....hang in there! For me getting back on the plane to go home after a good visit was the worst. But I knew at the end of it all we would be together.

Edited by subguy812

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

it's real harm for us and tiring,like an iron ball in our brains,as a magnified vision of agonized dream under a dark landscape,i don't know why,but we r hanging to our relation,we plan to c eachother once again may be in egypt or uk not sure till now,but this will be in oct after we see a blossomed flower from the bad seed of the i130:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfx4S4-B6-0...feature=related

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You can more easily jet on down to Mexico than I can over to Russia, but that is beside the point.

We all will survive.

I haven't held my Alla since our last goodbye in Kiev in February. Virtually every day we email and/or Skype and/or talk on the phone and/or SMS to each other.

We are always talking, me telling her everything about where she will live. I take photos of everything, even the towels in the closet, the dishes in the cupboard and the car in the garage. When she first comes, she will know where everything is. Now that we are further along in the process, we are planning beyond the interview, what to bring and even are planning the return trip next year after we AOS.

Keep communicating and learning more and more about each other. This will only strengthen your relationship.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.