Can't talk with my sweetie

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance, Manuel, and I have talked over the phone continuously for three years now. He lives in a VERY tiny 'village' in Mexico. Population of 64 or so. He was living with parents and a few siblings in the 'village'(for lack of a better word). Their phone quit working. Where they live, you can not just call and get your phone repaired. So, to make a long story short..... he would go to his sister's home in another 'village', so we could talk with each other. His job sent him to a sugar cane farm 3 hours away. He would drive for three hours to his sister's house, so we could talk. (You've probably guessed where this is going) Now his sister's phone has not worked for 2 weeks. We have no way of getting in touch with each other and I am getting very discouraged. I miss talking to him. But, my biggest concern is this.... How in the world are we going to be able to communicate with each other? His parent's phone has still not been repaired,and that was months ago. The area he lives in does not have public phones, mail service, grocery stores, etc.. We've had to use an uncle's address in the next closest city (which is still far away) for his mailing address. What if there is something that USCIS needs, and I can't get in touch with him to get it?

I miss Manuel.

I didn't mean to ramble on, I'm just very discouraged, concerned, frustrated, blah, blah, blah!!! :cry::o:(

I just needed to get it off my chest.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

reading this broke my heart (F)

i'm so sorry you're going through this

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

these are bumps on the road to examine your love to each other...you will get over it,by soon approval and iam sure the k1 is the fastest to see your partner,dont worry and iam sorry to hear that,muncho besos :)

vivi con alta esparanza

these are bumps on the road to examine your love to each other...you will get over it,by soon approval and iam sure the k1 is the fastest to see your partner,dont worry and iam sorry to hear that,muncho besos :)

vivi con alta esparanza

I have to say, that is though, everything will work out, stay strong :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That has to be very difficult. I hope the phone gets repaired soon, or that your fiance finds a different phone to use.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

If he can get to an internet cafe, buy and send him a cheap phone and Majic Jack. I take it with me when I travel. You can get it with your local area code and it will get the job done.

**no I don't work for Majic Jack**

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can you send him an unlocked cell phone? Is there a Prepaid service available in Mexico that he can use? My fiance is in a remote area in Jamaica too with absolutely no phone lines installed in the area, and we communicated entirely by his prepaid cell phone for the last 5 years. Best wishes to you, and I hope you hear from him soon.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What a bummer... the pitfalls of living "rurally" in a third-world country. (Before my then-fiancee left Ecuador, she sold special antennae to rural residents who had NEVER had phone service. One customer WALKED six hours through the jungle to discuss the possibilities with her. She also had to ride on horseback for 45 minutes to reach another customer... etc.)

Enough digression. Others may know how understanding the consulate might be regarding this predicament (the need to stay in touch, but the inability to do so). You might want to seek ways to document the situation, just to have it for the record. You might even consider printing out this chain of VJ posts!

Keep the faith, Dear! :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

:( I hope things get better for you guys soon. I will keep you in my prayers so that this can all be over for you guys soon that way you can be together without worries. :) Here's a little prayer that I say daily. Though it might help. :D Good luck with everything & may God bless you both. :)

Señor,

Se que contigo nada es imposible. Te suplico que me ayudes a ver como tu ves, a hablar como tu hablas y a actuar como tu actuas. Recuerdame que al declarar que algo no tiene remedio es decir que yo tengo un DIOS sin poder. Ayudame aprender a confiar en ti, aun cuando mi situacion parece no tener remedio. NADA ES IMPOSIBLE CONTIGO! :D Tu eres mas grande que cualquier montaña que pueda enfrentar. Gracias, Señor, por aquellos que estan orando por nosotros. Tambien quiero darte las gracias, Señor, por darme la fuerza para mantenerme de pie durante esta tribulacion. Estoy confiando en ti para la VICTORIA!!!! DIOSITO LINDO... TE AMO Y TE NECESITO... POR FAVOR ENTRA EN MI CORAZON.

*~*~* AMEN *~*~*

Edited by B U T T E R F L Y

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
If he can get to an internet cafe, buy and send him a cheap phone and Majic Jack. I take it with me when I travel. You can get it with your local area code and it will get the job done.

**no I don't work for Majic Jack**

Majic Jack is AMAZING

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
That has to be very difficult. I hope the phone gets repaired soon, or that your fiance finds a different phone to use.

magic jack needs an internet via dsl,cable,serial not dial up phones but it's amazing if u sent him one check on the site

magicjack.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

how about writing letters??? is that an possibility?

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

We checked into cell phones. But where he lives is so remote, that there are no towers. (The phone service they had was satellite provided.)

There is no mail service either.

I'm sure it will work out.

Like I said, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Everyone's comments have made me feel better. We both really appreciate it.

And .... I'm not quite convinced that you don't work for Magic Jack. ;)

Thanks again!!

And good luck to everyone!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That has to be very difficult and I have honestly no advice except to offer my condolences, I can't even imagine. As a Mexican national it's my understanding that he could come and stay with you in the US for up to 3 months at a time without any kind of visa. I'm not sure how difficult it is to accomplish that but if you can afford to be together without him working than that might be an idea for the interim.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.