leejoy_and_ron

strange or what?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guysssss.....

i hope im not the only one who have this situation...its really weird when i know that may husband ex wife still have my husband surname...she remarried again also..my question is why not she will never use her husband surname...oh by the way they just got divorce last december so she have the surname of my husband and her former husband...but now insted of using her former husband surname she is using my husband surname they been divorced for a decade....can anybody explain it to me....its really weird...pls do help me im so confuse........plssssss

My trip to see my Pangga 664374hddh5drbsw.gif

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont Consulate.....................Manila

Event Timeline

I-129F Sent to VSC............................................8-Mar-08

I-129F Received by VSC...................................10-Mar-08

I-129F NOA 1...................................................11-Mar-08

I-129F NOA 2...................................................4 May 2008

NVC letter dated...............................................12 May 2008

Consulate Received..........................................20 May 2008

Called made interview appointment...................21 May 2008

Paid VISA processing fee/validated DS form.......4 June 2008

Paid DELBROS document verification fee.............23 May 2008

Medical Appt.....................................................12 June 2008 (had to have follow on appt on 26 June, day 2 of Medical on 3 July)

Interview Date..................................................To be determined by St Lukes, interview re-scheduled on 11 July

VISA Delivered..................................................18 June 2008 315pm

CFO Seminar.......................................................5 Sep 2008

CFO Registration / stamp......................................5 Sep 2008

POE Washington DC.............................................17 Sep 2008

Wedding..............................................................26 Sep 2008

Many women do so no matter how long ago the divorce and I know some who have done this. In particular if they have children together, so the mother can maintain the same surname as their kids. Or perhaps they prefer their old married name over their maiden name for some reason. Either way it's perfectly legal to do so and quite common. I doubt anyone else will think your situation is wierd so wouldn't worry about it.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline
Many women do so no matter how long ago the divorce and I know some who have done this. In particular if they have children together, so the mother can maintain the same surname as their kids. Or perhaps they prefer their old married name over their maiden name for some reason. Either way it's perfectly legal to do so and quite common. I doubt anyone else will think your situation is wierd so wouldn't worry about it.

thank you guyz............i just dont like it.....

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Event Timeline

Medical Appt.....................................................12 June 2008 (had to have follow on appt on 26 June, day 2 of Medical on 3 July)

Interview Date..................................................To be determined by St Lukes, interview re-scheduled on 11 July

VISA Delivered..................................................18 June 2008 315pm

Wedding..............................................................26 Sep 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My mom still has my dads name and they have been divorced for 28 years and he has been remarried for 20. She kept it so that she had the same name as us(kids)

not odd really.

I can totally understand why you wouldnt like it though

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yeah as if I were to say get divorced ( hopefully won't happen ) I would keep my husbands name. It is a pain to go and change it again. It is hard when there is an Ex involved in your husbands life, but remember even though you are not the first YOU are what matters as he has chosen you :)

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline
Yeah as if I were to say get divorced ( hopefully won't happen ) I would keep my husbands name. It is a pain to go and change it again. It is hard when there is an Ex involved in your husbands life, but remember even though you are not the first YOU are what matters as he has chosen you :)

thank you guysssss........its really help me a lot......thank you so much..

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Event Timeline

Perhaps it's best to look at it this way then, there are millions of people out there with the same surname who are not related nor were they ever married to each other. They just happen to have same surname. Maybe you should look at it like she just happens to have the same surname. Because there's no way to make her not use it so it's best not to let it get to you too much.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If it's any consolation, my ex husband took my last name ( which is my first husband's last name ) , and he remarried and still has my last name and so does his wife. :wacko:

I still have my first husband's last name because the women in Egypt retain their maiden name when they marry....besides, it's very long and hard to pronounce where as my last name is very easy and I happen to like it.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
hey guysssss.....

i hope im not the only one who have this situation...its really weird when i know that may husband ex wife still have my husband surname...she remarried again also..my question is why not she will never use her husband surname...oh by the way they just got divorce last december so she have the surname of my husband and her former husband...but now insted of using her former husband surname she is using my husband surname they been divorced for a decade....can anybody explain it to me....its really weird...pls do help me im so confuse........plssssss

Fairly common. I have been married 2 times and both kept my family name.. until they remarried...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

I didn't change my name after I married the second time because I wanted to have the same name as my son for the purpose of travel. You have no idea what a pain in tha #### it can be if you do not share the same name as your child when airlines are involved. Definitely not worth the hassle.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ex wife was given the choice in the court to go back to her maiden name or keep her married name, I couldn't believe she decided to use my name, but it's okay, I haven't seen her in 14 years. New wife wanted my name, even though her daughter wanted to keep her fathers name, fine, they travel together, and when my wife called the school, identified herself as her daughters mother, guess that is common as well, never had a problem. Ironically, my step-daugther doesn't want a thing to do with her biological father, but yet wants to keep that name. Only thing important to me, is when I wake up in the morning, my current and last wife is in bed with me.

Only responded because you brought up the issue, not an issue around here, just a matter of choice, just accept it, only regret is that I didn't meet my present wife 25 years ago, what a different life we would have, but better late than never.