MARM

London not replying to emails?!

82 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
We are of the same background: both Muslim, both of Pakistani background, he is older than me by a few years...nothing out of the ordinary there...we met online...so what? many couples meet online...

In the Insurance Industry this would be classified as a material fact, if you had mentioned it before we would have been saved a lot of time.

The answer you were given is pretty standard, you are reading too much into it.

You might want to look/post in the MENA forum.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
We are of the same background: both Muslim, both of Pakistani background, he is older than me by a few years...nothing out of the ordinary there...we met online...so what? many couples meet online...

In the Insurance Industry this would be classified as a material fact, if you had mentioned it before we would have been saved a lot of time.

I disagree. I would like to thank MARM for posting it here. It could have been any of us that this could happen to. It is important to know what is going on at the consulate that applies to us.

I'm sorry that your post came across as though you feel your time was wasted because you didn't know what their background was. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way!!!!! I'm glad this thread is here and I hope to follow the results.

MARM: I hope this is a rare occurance and you will be with your fiance soon. FINGERS CROSSED sweetie!! :yes:

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

That's just ridiculous. I don't know how you're being so calm and patient... I don't know what to say except sorry you're having such an impossibly difficult time :(

So you are saying that he should be jumping up and down or otherwise being inappropriate?? What good will that do? Just being calm and rational like he is doing is the right thing to do. If someone does otherwise, then they are not in control of their life. :wacko:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

That's just ridiculous. I don't know how you're being so calm and patient... I don't know what to say except sorry you're having such an impossibly difficult time :(

So you are saying that he should be jumping up and down or otherwise being inappropriate?? What good will that do?

Erm... No, that's not what I said they should do. At all. :wacko:

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Why? None of the people there went through the London embassy. Her fiance is a Pakistani student in England and with fairly unique set of circumstances.

90day.jpg

Bioler: If you do not have anything constructive to add to my thread and if you feel as if your time has been wasted by posting the following two (totally USELESS to me) posts, then you are free to create your own thread or post wherever you like. I don't need you to tell me that I would have saved YOU a lot of time here in MY THREAD.

Your first post in this thread:

5 Days

Congessional Enquiry?

It would be of course a staffer that would deal with this and by the time you go through the system you will have your answer.

And your second post in this thread:

BOTH NOT BENEFICIAL TO ME, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

It was not until Post 23 that the information was given to sensibly comment.

It could have been mentioned in Post 1.

You posted in the UK forum, how was anybody supposed to guess the situation?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

My fiance is a resident of the UK, therefore he has applied for his K-1 through the US Embassy in London. This is VERY CLEAR and if you bothered to look at my time-line in my profile, it clearly states that my fiance is a student in the UK and a Pakistani citizen.

My fiance has been a resident of the UK for the past 5 years.

No one else had a problem understanding my situation except you.

itzallgood: This is MY THREAD, I started it and if a member sympathizes with my situation and is offering good words of support, I don't think that it is your right to criticize whatever someone else has said to me. You as well as Bioler, have not posted constructive information in this thread, so I don't see why you both even post in this thread, unless you just like to bash others and offer useless information.

Your posts in this thread do not help me, so please refrain from posting in my thread.

I ignored these two posts of yours because I thought them worthless:

Its ok. Sob away. There are LOTS of crybabies here! :dance:

And your sarcastic remark:

Contacting the FBI helped us as well! :dance:

ALL UNCALLED FOR.

And the following post you wrote in reply to someone that has actually been FOLLOWING our journey here on VJ. JeremyR is a member that has offered support on every step of the way and has followed all of the events that took place in our journey and understands the situation more than you think you do. So before you post such a presumptuous and unwanted post with information useless and unnecessary in my thread (not to mention a WASTE of reading time) take a look at my time-line and profile. No one is forcing you to post here.

So you are saying that he should be jumping up and down or otherwise being inappropriate?? What good will that do? Just being calm and rational like he is doing is the right thing to do. If someone does otherwise, then they are not in control of their life. :wacko:

I disagree. I would like to thank MARM for posting it here. It could have been any of us that this could happen to. It is important to know what is going on at the consulate that applies to us.

I'm sorry that your post came across as though you feel your time was wasted because you didn't know what their background was. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way!!!!! I'm glad this thread is here and I hope to follow the results.

MARM: I hope this is a rare occurance and you will be with your fiance soon. FINGERS CROSSED sweetie!! :yes:

You are welcome JewelX, I appreciate your support! I would also like to mention another thing: I am not the only one that has experienced such a hold up at the US Embassy in London. I have come to know of another member on this forum who is an Indian citizen but a resident of London who has also experienced a phone investigation just like me after an approved interview. It is possible London has begun a new pattern prior to issuing visas for those that are residents of the UK but citizens of another country.

Timeline

My fiance is a resident of the UK, therefore he has applied for his K-1 through the US Embassy in London. This is VERY CLEAR and if you bothered to look at my time-line in my profile, it clearly states that my fiance is a student in the UK and a Pakistani citizen.

My fiance has been a resident of the UK for the past 5 years.

No one else had a problem understanding my situation except you.

You should not assume that posters will inspect your profile before replying.

I have no idea if I am alone, I do not see how you can know either.

You can post where you want to, but information about your situation is much more available in MENA.

You are welcome JewelX, I appreciate your support! I would also like to mention another thing: I am not the only one that has experienced such a hold up at the US Embassy in London. I have come to know of another member on this forum who is an Indian citizen but a resident of London who has also experienced a phone investigation just like me after an approved interview. It is possible London has begun a new pattern prior to issuing visas for those that are residents of the UK but citizens of another country.

I believe we have seen a number of hold ups in London for people who have processed through there but were not citizens of the UK/Ireland. I also recall an Indian poster a few years back who was put on AP, so it's certainly not unprecedented. That might not make it any easier though :(

You can post where you want to, but information about your situation is much more available in MENA.

No - it's more available in the UK forum where a number of people who were residents but not citizens of the UK (including Indians and Pakistanis) have processed through London.

Edited by Trompe le Monde

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
itzallgood: This is MY THREAD, I started it and if a member sympathizes with my situation and is offering good words of support, I don't think that it is your right to criticize whatever someone else has said to me. You as well as Bioler, have not posted constructive information in this thread, so I don't see why you both even post in this thread, unless you just like to bash others and offer useless information.

Your posts in this thread do not help me, so please refrain from posting in my thread.

I ignored these two posts of yours because I thought them worthless:

Its ok. Sob away. There are LOTS of crybabies here! :dance:

And your sarcastic remark:

Contacting the FBI helped us as well! :dance:

ALL UNCALLED FOR.

And the following post you wrote in reply to someone that has actually been FOLLOWING our journey here on VJ. JeremyR is a member that has offered support on every step of the way and has followed all of the events that took place in our journey and understands the situation more than you think you do. So before you post such a presumptuous and unwanted post with information useless and unnecessary in my thread (not to mention a WASTE of reading time) take a look at my time-line and profile. No one is forcing you to post here.

You will do yourself much good to ignore them. I would definitely advice you to post in the MENA forum because that is where you'll get a lot of support and advice as they go through the same situation almost on a daily basis and understand what you are going through. No offence to the nice people on the UK forum but I tend to see people from UK always giving smart answers and sarcasm when someone needs actual help and support. I have chosen to ignore so many of those comments but it's annoying when someone is obviously in a dire situation and all you can offer is sarcasm and silly smart comments which show how insensitive they really are. Feel free to pm me, my case was quite different but still alike in the sense that I was a student in the UK at that time but I am now on a work permit after rounding up my masters. I wish you all the best and pray God sees you through this trying period, it really is hard and I totally feel your pain.

Marm, the one thing that I find absolutely appalling about this is that the embassy feels it has the right to hold on to someone's passport indefinitely. What if they had an emergency in another country and needed to travel out of the UK urgently?

Hope it gets settled really soon - it sounds like they are finally moving on with it.

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

Marm, the one thing that I find absolutely appalling about this is that the embassy feels it has the right to hold on to someone's passport indefinitely. What if they had an emergency in another country and needed to travel out of the UK urgently?

Hope it gets settled really soon - it sounds like they are finally moving on with it.

We too, find this ridiculous that they hold onto a passport without any indication of what the heck they are doing--whether it will be returned with a visa or not...whether it is worth waiting for or not like in Aniomaman (the above poster)'s case: their case was sent back to USCIS from the US Embassy in London with no knowledge given to him or his fiance, and the embassy was still holding the passport.

I hope that my fiance gets his visa in hand this week, dealing with two difficult bureaucracies during this past year has driven us to the point of madness and we are tired!

Thanks for the good wishes :)

Edited by MARM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.