MARM

London not replying to emails?!

82 posts in this topic

Marm,

Just wondering if you had any news? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce

Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY

15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!

Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!

Dec 27 NOA1

Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)

May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved

May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)

June 13 applied for SSN

June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005

July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago

Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC

Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)

Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007

Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska

Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again

Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07

Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008

Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska

Sep 11 Priority date

Oct 7 Biometrics

July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!

Aug 20 Oath ceremony

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marm,

Just wondering if you had any news? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for checking in on us :star:

No news yet...still waiting on the second senatorial inquiry response and praying that the visa gets to us before that.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We finally got an email response from the US Embassy in London....12 days after we emailed them, and all they say is:

Your case is still under review by a consular officer. Unfortunately, there is no set period of time that this review will take. Times quoted should be used only as a guide.

I guess the fact that the case is under review by a consular officer means that he is not in any security checks and hopefully it will be soon...?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The standard response, you should not read anything into it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just a quick update about us:

We have made 4 senatorial/congressional inquiries during the past few months as well as contacted the embassy on our own via postal mail, emails, phone. London finally seems to be replying to emails within the time frame they say they do "three to four days average...". I believe that they had slowed down significantly in processing in the past couple of months. Currently, my fiance is in administrative processing: specifically the regular AP that everyone goes through. He is no longer in review, i.e they are done with verifying his qualifications for the visa and these are security checks now. So once additional documents have been submitted and eligibility for the visa has been determined, the last step is security checks (don't know how long they will take of course). We have informed the embassy that my fiance's UK residency will expire in Nov 2009 so that they know that we are on a time crunch--don't know whether they care or not--probably not, but it was important for them to know that he plans on NOT extending his residency in the UK.

What irritates me very much is the fact that they sat on his case for more than two months and then decided to "verify his qualifications for the visa". They could have just called me the day after his interview to do the phone investigation that took them 76 days after the interview to do. And the whole time we thought that they were completing his standard security/background checks...when actually his file was just SITTING there. After they cleared him for the visa, then they put him in security/background checks...which he is under at the moment.

I hope this is all over soon so that we can continue with our life...

Forward movement then. Well, I guess that's something?

Still cheering for you over here, MARM, hope to see the good news soon!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Forward movement then. Well, I guess that's something?

Still cheering for you over here, MARM, hope to see the good news soon!

I guess it is forward movement...hope we can get the visa within September. Thanks for the support :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.