MARM

London not replying to emails?!

82 posts in this topic

Well, here I go again, with yet another issue... :(

We emailed the US Embassy in London asking about the reason for the delay of my fiance's visa printing, since they have kept the passport over one month now, and never told us about any admin processing/AR/security checks. But it has been 5 working days and we have still not gotten a reply from the US Embassy in London regarding our inquiry. We got the email code like we were supposed to and we used it as we have done successfully before, but no reply :(

Does anyone have any idea how else to figure out the reason for my fiance's visa delay? DOS keeps telling us he is not in any sort of AP/AR/security checks. And the US Embassy in London is not replying to our email, and we don't really want to call the extortion line again and pay for an email code that is ultimately useless.

Should we contact my congressman or senator to inquire about the reason for the delay? And if yes, which is more beneficial? To contact my congressman? Or Senator? :help:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We emailed the US Embassy in London asking about the reason for the delay of my fiance's visa printing, since they have kept the passport over one month now, and never told us about any admin processing/AR/security checks. But it has been 5 working days and we have still not gotten a reply from the US Embassy in London regarding our inquiry. We got the email code like we were supposed to and we used it as we have done successfully before, but no reply :(

Does anyone have any idea how else to figure out the reason for my fiance's visa delay? DOS keeps telling us he is not in any sort of AP/AR/security checks. And the US Embassy in London is not replying to our email, and we don't really want to call the extortion line again and pay for an email code that is ultimately useless.

Should we contact my congressman or senator to inquire about the reason for the delay? And if yes, which is more beneficial? To contact my congressman? Or Senator? :help:

We phoned up for the email code and emailed them over a week ago too and still no reply, so I have to wonder if they're bothering at all with emails at the mo.

I'm not going to moan about waiting...not when I've been following your case, MARM. I have no idea how you've kept any sanity during this. I really hope someone can advise you what to do next, cos you guys more than deserve to have this sorted now, it's getting ridiculous. Good Luck (F)

I-130

Met in the US: 2002

Married : 2007-08-03

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-09-26

Abandoned application and OH moved to the UK.

April 2009 starting all over again DCF this time.

Marriage : 2007-08-03

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-05-06 (no receipt received this is the date the money was taken from credit card)

RFE: 2009-06-02. Credit card receipts and dreaded RFE's.

RFE replied to: 2009-06-04. Hoping they have everything they need

NOA2 approved: 2009-06-11.

NOA2 received: 2009-06-15.

Packet 3 received: 2009-06-17.

Packet 3 returned: 2009-06-17.

Medical booked for July 13th.

Medical done, passed pending xray and blood tests.

July 13th: Still waiting for interview date...phoned DOS and they said everything is in order and we're eligible for an interview and to be patient...back to waiting.

Called DOS again 17th July, they said we have an interview date whoop!!

Interview: July 29th (hubby's birthday) WOOHOO!! Visa approved

SMS message 31st July saying visa will be delivered on Monday.

August 1st: Visa here!!!! whoop whoop!

So much left to do...but the worst is over :)

September 14th: POE Chicago

:(

I think now is a perfectly reasonable time to get them involved. Contact all three. You never know which one will have the time to work on it for you.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It is vacation time. Quite a few of the staff go back Stateside for a vacation during July or August and things do tend to slow down a bit.

No excuse for not answering at all though.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

I think this is a good reason for congressional inquiry. They are required to respond to those in a short number of days...like 3 or something. Of course they can respond with "we are still processing" but it may light a fire and get them going. I know there is a form you have to sign to allow the congressman to inquire on your behalf...giving them permission to get info from your private case. So maybe you can find the form and download it, write a timeline or brief outline of your delays, all the names and LND number and fax it to them. I think the form is the same to give a lawyer permission to have info on your account and probably on USCIS website. It'll save you time to get all your ducks in a row, then contact the congressman. I think that's better than a senator...with only 2 of those per state, they are busier generalists and don't represent your specific geographic region. Your congressman is supposed to help his specific constituents.

Find your congressman https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

It really depends on the official. I got fantastic results from one of my senators (a response from VSC within 24 hours) but didn't hear back from my congressman until weeks after my petition was approved. Because you'll be sending the same information to all of them it would only take a few seconds more to make a copy for the senators as well.

Also, I wouldn't recommend just faxing your information to them. Call the offices first and ask for the name of the person in constituent affairs who deals with immigration and try to speak to them first. If there's no one with that specific title, explain your situation and ask who would be the best person to speak to. After I sent my information in with the consent form that I downloaded from their websites I called a week later to confirm that it was received. It was clear that no one had even looked at the papers. If you can actually speak with someone in the office then you'll be on their radar and they'll be more responsive I think. Once I got the names of the people responsible for dealing with this stuff I had what I needed from them almost immediately.

Edited by imaisha

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Also, I wouldn't recommend just faxing your information to them. Call the offices first and ask for the name of the person in constituent affairs who deals with immigration and try to speak to them first. If there's no one with that specific title, explain your situation and ask who would be the best person to speak to.

Yes, that's exactly how to do it - get a named contact at the office and things will be a little easier, especially if you can speak to them and make it a little more personal :)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Same thing happened to us this time last year. Her flight date was approaching and we were waiting for passport to get back to her. She fired off an email with code....no response. I went to my congressman's office and they fired off an email. I went home and I fired off an email as well. Ironically it took them 2 weeks to reply to my then fiance. 1 week to reply to the congressmans and 2 days to reply to me. I thought that was rather funny.

By the way you can try contacting the courier company that will deliver it and they also can put a request that it be produced due to immediate travels needs. That is what we did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

5 Days

Congessional Enquiry?

It would be of course a staffer that would deal with this and by the time you go through the system you will have your answer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 Days

Congessional Enquiry?

It would be of course a staffer that would deal with this and by the time you go through the system you will have your answer.

5 working days since we emailed London, and no response. BUT ONE MONTH since they have the passport and no response or reason as to why it has not been printed yet! (2 MONTHS after interview and no visa yet). So that is why we need to find out.

Its ok. Sob away. There are LOTS of crybabies here! :dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Thanks everyone for their advice and input, I will be contacting both senators and my congressman in the next few days and I will post an update in case anyone has to deal with this kind of situation in the future.

Thanks everyone for their advice and input, I will be contacting both senators and my congressman in the next few days and I will post an update in case anyone has to deal with this kind of situation in the future.

Contacting the FBI helped us as well! :dance:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

We have contacted Senators/Congressman but no response yet. Also, we still have not gotten any replies from the US Embassy in London. But a DOS rep has given us this new information:

A DOS representative told me while checking the status of my fiance's case that "The US Embassy in London has not transferred his file to the next database for printing. It is still in the first one." When I asked what that means, she told me that when they transfer to the second database, then it is in queue for printing. His case is still at the US Embassy in London, but it is yet to be internally transferred."

What does this mean? :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.