MARM

London not replying to emails?!

82 posts in this topic

That's just ridiculous. I don't know how you're being so calm and patient... I don't know what to say except sorry you're having such an impossibly difficult time :(

So you are saying that he should be jumping up and down or otherwise being inappropriate?? What good will that do?

Erm... No, that's not what I said they should do. At all. :wacko:

THe opposite of calm and patient is stormy and impatient. jumping up and down or freaking out is what people do when they are not calm and patient. This is a logical interpretation of what you said, in an antonym sense: Being that if a person is not one way, then he is another. Please provide your definition if this still isnt right. We are trying to understand what someone should be doing if they cant be calm and patient :whistle:

I understood perfectly I think culturally speaking Jeremy's comment was lost in translation some what,

in the UK we frequently say things like i can't believe you are being so calm, but it doesn't actually mean we think they should be the opposite, what it really means is, wow i congratulate you or even you have my admiration or respect for coping so well in such an awful situation,I am not sure I could imagine I would cope as well if i was in your shoes.

Hope this explains things :thumbs: as someone once quoted on here but i can't remember who, "two countries separated by a common language"

You are a good friend to help Jeremy express himself. :innocent:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that he should be jumping up and down or otherwise being inappropriate?? What good will that do?

THe opposite of calm and patient is stormy and impatient. jumping up and down or freaking out is what people do when they are not calm and patient. This is a logical interpretation of what you said, in an antonym sense: Being that if a person is not one way, then he is another. Please provide your definition if this still isnt right. We are trying to understand what someone should be doing if they cant be calm and patient :whistle:

You are a good friend to help Jeremy express himself. :innocent:

itzallgood: Please refrain from posting in my thread.

You are violating the VisaJourney TOS.

I qoute from the VJ TOS Regulations:

Permitted Uses. You agree that you are responsible for any Content and communications that you Post and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service (including but not limited to the discussion forums) only to send and receive messages, material, and in general Content that is “in conformity with or permitted by law” (legal), proper and if part of the discussion forums then also related to the particular subject matter. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

• Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

This is my thread and I do not appreciate your belittling and useless comments/posts.

ETA: This is the last time I will ask you nicely, or else I will report you to the MODS.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

To state the obvious a K1 is to enter un-married and marry in the US.

Not marry en route.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

To state the obvious a K1 is to enter un-married and marry in the US.

Not marry en route.

When did MARM state that she was marrying "en route"? I'm afraid you've lost most of us...

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

See Post 47.

I assumed it was correct, it was not contradicted. Maybe a wrong assumption.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

See Post 47.

Read it again. It states family weddings (plural) and it said attendIng. I think you'll find it's not their weddings.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

See Post 47.

Read it again. It states family weddings (plural) and it said attendIng. I think you'll find it's not their weddings.

:thumbs::star:

Edited by MARM

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I haven't posted to your threads but have read them. Pretty obvious to what is going on. Not sure why these guys are giving you such a hard time. I hope your visa comes through any day and you two are able to travel to your family weddings.

Our timeline

K-1

6/17/09 Mailed I-129F 6/19/09 NOA 1

9/09/09 NOA 2 9/28/09 Packet 3

11/03/09 Interview - Approved 11/05/09 Medical

11/09/09 Visa in hand

11/24/09 POE San Francisco

01/03/10 Baby due date

1/16/10 Baby - Its a Boy!

AOS

2/22/10 Filed AOS

4/17/10 Biometrics appt

5/16/10 Interview - Approved!

6/10 Green Card in hand

ROC

4/04/12 Filed I-751 California Service Center

4/21/12 NOA

7/20/12 Biometrics Appt

11/16/12 RFE

12/10/12 Sent RFE package

12/21/12 Approval Letter!!

I haven't posted to your threads but have read them. Pretty obvious to what is going on. Not sure why these guys are giving you such a hard time. I hope your visa comes through any day and you two are able to travel to your family weddings.

Thanks DIARD. :) We hope that you two get your NOA2 soon! The tremendous amount of support and encouragement we get from members like you on VJ is priceless.

Hi MARM,

I couldn't believe when I finally looked at VJ again that you two are still having problems with London Embassy.

I've been in your shoes (waiting for the infernal visa to turn up) so I can appreciate how frustrating and annoying the whole situation is, especially since they didn't say they'll put him in AP at the interview once they receive his passport. All I wanted to do is to scream at somebody and to get some answers. But you know this process all too well now to expect miracles or speed. Keep bugging you congressman (however frustrating it may be) as they seem to have the most success in getting some answers. Also, make sure you send emails to London Embassy with codes - without them your chances of receiving a reply decrease drastically. When you phone that horribly expensive line, give them you name and case number and don't tell them talk you "maybe I can help you" situation. Otherwise, they'll ask you the same questions, like your email address and phone number every time you call regardless that they already have that on file. Persist and just keep praying and hoping.

I really hope he gets his passport with visa in very soon.

All the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Thanks for the best wishes KAT&Allie :)

My Congressman made an inquiry about a week or so ago and the response was that they were "verifying his qualifications for the visa."

Now,

One of my Senators made an inquiry about two days ago and they got the response from London that:

"At this time, the case is under review by the Immigrant Visa Unit. Upon completion of this review, Mr.XXXXXXXXXXX will be contacted directly by the Immigrant Visa Unit regarding his visa."

I hope this means that my fiance will get his visa very soon now. Since it does not mention anything about security or background checks and it does not mention anything about verifying qualifications either. It just says review by the Immigrant Visa Unit. We pray that God-willing, he gets his visa in hand in the upcoming week!

I am glad that you got another bit of info out of them marm hopefully they will speed up now and give you the answer you have been waiting for :thumbs:

also quick note on the email codes they change every week to avoid spamming, so you need to phone up that dam expensive misinformation line every week to get the new one :angry:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

I am glad that you got another bit of info out of them marm hopefully they will speed up now and give you the answer you have been waiting for :thumbs:

also quick note on the email codes they change every week to avoid spamming, so you need to phone up that dam expensive misinformation line every week to get the new one :angry:

Thanks! We already asked for email codes twice (once/week for two weeks) and we emailed London successfully and got the acknowledgment email from them both times that they would respond in an average of 3-4 days, but it has been over 10 days since then, and we never got any reply from London, which is why I moved on to contacting the wonderful congressman and senators.

Thanks! We already asked for email codes twice (once/week for two weeks) and we emailed London successfully and got the acknowledgment email from them both times that they would respond in an average of 3-4 days, but it has been over 10 days since then, and we never got any reply from London, which is why I moved on to contacting the wonderful congressman and senators.

I get the impression that if they see a frequent e mailer they delete or span over it like a spammer. i got ignored once or twice too. :unsure: either that or they don't know the answers and are afraid to tell you that. :whistle:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.