Armed OC Citizen Shoots Robber in the Act

250 posts in this topic

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yep its a news story. But if you remember what we were talking about before - it wasn't the story itself that I was objecting to.

and you didn't responded to my comment about the missing preamble in the url you referenced ... next ...

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yep its a news story. But if you remember what we were talking about before - it wasn't the story itself that I was objecting to.

and you didn't responded to my comment about the missing preamble in the url you referenced ... next ...

Excuse me?

The preamble is in the OP.... :wacko:

Did you all actually read the OP post?

Edited by Private Pike

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Excuse me?

The preamble is in the OP.... :wacko:

Did you all actually read the OP post?

you posted ... the url here .... .... support it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Problem with Pike is, he suffers from "Little Girl syndrome".

He thinks everyone is sensitive like a little girl over these things just because he is :devil:

Look bottom line.... someone needed to be shot and someone else was prepared to do it.

So often we hear these armed robberies end with a clean get away or a "near getaway" via the legal system.

I am glad this guy got shot and it's a good-a-time as any to hollar Ye'haw!

NOw let me ask MC and Pike, don't you too feel a little satisfaction when it's the criminal laying on the floor?

I seem to remember saying fairly early on that I'm glad that noone was seriously injured - in fact I wrote it (though that of course would involve you actually reading what I wrote ;)

My only position of this was with the politically motivated armchair glorification that is being promoted in the preamble to the article. The story is being used as ammunition to justify why everyone should carry a gun.

You can call that "little girl syndrome" if you want, Danno - but the fact is that this rationale (and you) are very juvenile.

Again - I said all this previously, if you cared to actually read what I wrote.

But you didn't.

First of all, your observation that "no one was seriously hurt" was kinda stupid since at least one person was shot in the stomach.

Secondly, when something works out pretty good.... why not promote it?

If more qualified people were going about their daily life armed, .. why would that be a bad thing?

Actually, I think you would rather, the perp was spared getting shot, where I on the other hand am glad he was met by the measure he gave.

The truth of it is, you wish he had not been shot..... and thats what puts you into the "Little girls club".

You know the firs time I became of the "Little girl syndrome" I was a little kid myself.

These two older kids were going to fight and one of them had a Girl-friend there.

Of course the Girl was trying to talk everyone into peace but as these things usually do, it ended up in a fight.

IN the first part of the fight the Boyfriend was getting trashed pretty good, other people were holding the Girlfriend back as she was trying to rescue her BF.

Then as fights often do.. a change of events take place, the Boyfriend ended up out-lasting the other guy and soon the other guy was in a solid head-lock with his face taking some good ones.

And thats when it happened.... The Girlfriend managed to get to her boyfriend and began blocking his hand so he couldn't punch the other guy.

That totally surprised me because here just a few minutes earlier this guy was kneeing her Boyfriend in the face and now she is protecting him.

I guess she was just adverse to anyone getting hurt and even after she was restrained.... from restraining her Boyfriend she begged him "PLease stop, let's just go".

I see that same mentality today in liberals as they just want the "Bad things to stop".

To them "Bad things" are shooting down a criminal ... and not feeling great remorse.

When I see libs acting as they often do, I am reminded of that Girl who struggled so hard to stop the "bad things from happening:, even if it were to leave her boyfriend with no opportunity to return the pummeling he had just taken.

---------------

I guess I should mention not all girls respond this way in fights, how many of us have seen "the Girl friend"

having to be restrained from helping her BF kick the other guys Azz.

Often they have more fire in the belly than the boy friend who is in the fight.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
First of all, your observation that "no one was seriously hurt" was kinda stupid since at least one person was shot in the stomach.

If more qualified people were going about their daily life armed, .. why would that be a bad thing?

Actually, I think you would rather, the perp was spared getting shot, where I on the other hand am glad he was met by the measure he gave.

The truth of it is, you wish he had not been shot..... and thats what puts you into the "Little girls club".

You know the firs time I became of the "Little girl syndrome" I was a little kid myself.

These two older kids were going to fight and one of them had a Girl-friend there.

Of course the Girl was trying to talk everyone into peace but as these things usually do, it ended up in a fight.

IN the first part of the fight the Boyfriend was getting trashed pretty good, other people were holding the Girlfriend back as she was trying to rescue her BF.

Then as fights often do.. a change of events take place, the Boyfriend ended up out-lasting the other guy and soon the other guy was in a solid head-lock with his face taking some good ones.

And thats when it happened.... The Girlfriend managed to get to her boyfriend and began blocking his hand so he couldn't punch the other guy.

That totally surprised me because here just a few minutes earlier this guy was kneeing her Boyfriend in the face and now she is protecting him.

I guess she was just adverse to anyone getting hurt and even after she was restrained.... from restraining her Boyfriend she begged him "PLease stop, let's just go".

I see that same mentality today in liberals as they just want the "Bad things to stop".

To them "Bad things" are shooting down a criminal ... and not feeling great remorse.

When I see libs acting as they often do, I am reminded of that Girl who struggled so hard to stop the "bad things from happening:, even if it were to leave her boyfriend with no opportunity to return the pummeling he had just taken.

---------------

I guess I should mention not all girls respond this way in fights, how many of us have seen "the Girl friend"

:thumbs::thumbs:

It's good to see a headline about a citizen shooting a robber instead of the other way around like we see every day in the news.

:yes:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Problem with Pike is, he suffers from "Little Girl syndrome".

He thinks everyone is sensitive like a little girl over these things just because he is :devil:

Look bottom line.... someone needed to be shot and someone else was prepared to do it.

So often we hear these armed robberies end with a clean get away or a "near getaway" via the legal system.

I am glad this guy got shot and it's a good-a-time as any to hollar Ye'haw!

NOw let me ask MC and Pike, don't you too feel a little satisfaction when it's the criminal laying on the floor?

I seem to remember saying fairly early on that I'm glad that noone was seriously injured - in fact I wrote it (though that of course would involve you actually reading what I wrote ;)

My only position of this was with the politically motivated armchair glorification that is being promoted in the preamble to the article. The story is being used as ammunition to justify why everyone should carry a gun.

You can call that "little girl syndrome" if you want, Danno - but the fact is that this rationale (and you) are very juvenile.

Again - I said all this previously, if you cared to actually read what I wrote.

But you didn't.

---------------

Danno, before you get too carried away with this silly anecdote that you've masturbatory 'liberals are little girls' fantasy you've cooked up - might I direct your attention to post #6 on the first page. Sometimes it pays to actually read what people are saying before you go and make a fool of yourself - which is a pity cause I can see how much effort you put into telling that story ;)

But seriously, are you even half for real? Who sits around wishing for people to get shot? That's beyond stupid Danno.

I could repeat myself (again), but somehow I feel that it would wash over your head (again) ;)

Edited by Private Pike

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

pike asks why this story is being politicised. good question, so i will answer in as brief a form as possible. you want more details, just ask away, in this thread, or by PM. open carry advocacy is part of what i do by way of civil service.

across this country more and more people are taking advantage of the fact that "open carry" is legal in most states. it is not common in recent years, but it is legal. if you google "open carry" you will find websites such as opencarry.org where it is discussed ad nauseum, and where you can learn about the law regarding practical open carry in your own state.

trouble is, many police departments are either uneducated about the subject or are just plain resistant to the idea of you and i walking around with gun in holster on our belt. so, people get arrested every day for bogus charges like disorderly conduct, despite the fact that case law such as Ortiz vs Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Hawkins vs Commonwealth of Pennsylvania exists in just about every state invalidating such arrests. these are state supreme court cases siding with the citizen in nearly all instances.

there is even state authorised and funded training out there for municipal police officers instructing them not to harass citizens engaging in their constitutional rights in most states. here is the exapmle for Penna:

http://paopencarry.org/pdfs/mpoetc_oc.pdf

but still, they harass people on a regular basis, and departments across the state refuse to acknowledge that the training, provided to municipal officers via the state police, and authorised by the state attourney general, is legitimate and binding upon their behaviour.

as a result many municipal departments have been sued for "oppression under color of authority" under Title 27 Section 1983 of the US Code and insurance companies representing said departments, and in some cases individual officers, have paid out an average of 25K$ in each instance of illegal detention, and higher numbers if someone is actually jailed. smaller numbers result for such offense as disarming an individual without reasonable articulable suspicion or probable cause, or if someone is "terry searched" without cause.

long story short, cases like this are politicised to increase awareness of an individual and constitutionally protected civil right that is being oppressed by police departments across the country. if police departments would play by their own rules, politicising this kind of incident would be entirely unnecessary. as for now, it is.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Someone else who didn't read what I wrote.

I didn't ask why it was politicised, its obvious why it is - because gun lobby groups want to use cases like this as ammunition to support their agenda.

or maybe they are just happy the bad guy didn't kill all of the people in the store, like he promised to and made significant effort to.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

First off, I'll admit openly that I don't believe in gun ownership the way the USA does.

Second, I'm very happy things in this case turned out the way they did - no-one dead, bad guy caught, end of story.

The problem I have is this:

Imagine the next time some low-life scumbag wants to pull off a robbery like this one. He goes into the store, pulls his gun and proceeds with his little plan. Good citizen carrying firearm makes his move, justified in protecting the lives of the shopkeeper and other customers. Everything just like it is in this case.

Except that two or three people before our known bad guy enters the sore, his unknown accomplice entered to watch Bad Guy's back and keep an eye out for Mr.Good Citizen. As soon as Mr.Good Citizen goes for his piece, Bad Guy 2 shoots him. If it's with a handgun, he'll probably shoot him more than once. If he has an SMG, we're into a whole different world of hurt, for Mr.Good Citizen and the rest of the customers.

You see, the thing I don't like is that something like this doesn't deter the Bad Guys out there, they just get bigger guns and better plans.

And more people end up dead because of it.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png