mimou2116

what can i do for a divorce??

16 posts in this topic

im here in tunisia and she is there in USA.she decided to leave me and she decided the divorce.anyone know how this divorce will be?where it will be??

she's probably petitioning for divorce in the state that she lives in, here in the US.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
im here in tunisia and she is there in USA.she decided to leave me and she decided the divorce.anyone know how this divorce will be?where it will be??

she's probably petitioning for divorce in the state that she lives in, here in the US.

and what about me??she will take all the advantage on me??i will loose every thing just like that???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

and what about me??she will take all the advantage on me??i will loose every thing just like that???

I think it's safe to conclude that you won't be getting the visa, if that's what you're asking.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I think it's safe to conclude that you won't be getting the visa, if that's what you're asking.

one of the example.she came to destroy my life??im feeling sick and i dont want the divorce.

Timeline

one of the example.she came to destroy my life??im feeling sick and i dont want the divorce.

I doubt there would be much you could do to stop the divorce, even if you were here in the US. Most states don't require that both parties agree to the divorce, and won't force someone to remain in a marriage if they don't want to. In short - if your wife wants the divorce, she's going to get the divorce.

If you don't want the divorce then you can try to work things out with her. If she still has any love for you then maybe the marriage can be salvaged. If not, then you wouldn't be very happy in the marriage anyway. There's no point in being married to someone who doesn't love you.

Timeline

I doubt there would be much you could do to stop the divorce, even if you were here in the US. Most states don't require that both parties agree to the divorce, and won't force someone to remain in a marriage if they don't want to. In short - if your wife wants the divorce, she's going to get the divorce.

If you don't want the divorce then you can try to work things out with her. If she still has any love for you then maybe the marriage can be salvaged. If not, then you wouldn't be very happy in the marriage anyway. There's no point in being married to someone who doesn't love you.

and which paper i will sign for the divorce???does the state will send me papers or what??

and which paper i will sign for the divorce???does the state will send me papers or what??

Probably won't be anything to sign - will likely be in what they call "in absentia."

Timeline

The laws vary between states. Most states will require that she attempt to serve you papers if she knows where you are, just so you have an opportunity to be involved and present your side. I don't know if any state requires papers to be served if the spouse is known to be outside of the US, and is not a resident of the US. I know that every state allows a divorce to be granted by default. The rules for a default judgment vary from one state to another, but usually just involve a certain amount of time to lapse after filing for the divorce. I think six months is typical.

What all that means is that she can probably just file for the divorce and then wait. After the minimum number of months have gone by, she'll get the divorce. She doesn't actually need your signature on anything.

In the meantime, she'll probably withdraw the I-130 and affidavit of support. That will put an end to the visa process for you. In fact, she can withdraw the I-130 petition without even getting the divorce. Petitioning for the visa is her right as a US citizen, and she can withdraw that petition anytime she wants to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

personal attack on the OP has been removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my friend divorsed her husband who lives in nigeria without him knowing. all she has to do is go to the lawyer and the lawyer runs an ad in the legal newspaper asking if there is anyone who knows the wereabouts of her spouse is for 6 weeks. if no one answers then the court date is scheduled and the divorse is granted. its as easy as that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe your wife is just upset and threatening you with a divorce. INSHALLAH your marriage will be in good standing again.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Maybe your wife is just upset and threatening you with a divorce. INSHALLAH your marriage will be in good standing again.

Is depend on what state, a no fault divorce in PA is over 2 years or more. I know I had to wait 2 years to the date and then the only reason they would do it then is because my girl friend was pregnant with our son. But hard to say because you are not in the USA.

Timeline
my friend divorsed her husband who lives in nigeria without him knowing. all she has to do is go to the lawyer and the lawyer runs an ad in the legal newspaper asking if there is anyone who knows the wereabouts of her spouse is for 6 weeks. if no one answers then the court date is scheduled and the divorse is granted. its as easy as that.

and i cant for example call the court or any association there to at least know if she is in the process of the divorce???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.