dutchmatt

Waiting for NOA2 - driving me crazy!!!

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Anyone else getting sick of checking igor's list and the USCIS site yet? I know I am! I hoping to hear something any day now, but who knows! Anything I can do in the mean time to keep me sane?

TRUST me, I know how that feels. I checked the USCIS site every day (multiple times/day) from December 29 until YESTERDAY. Every day it was like someone saying "Nope. Can't be with your love just yet."

Especially hard was watching almost all the December filers get approved in April. That's when I really felt like mine was coming ANY DAY. Who knew it would come 3 months after the majority...

But once it comes, MAN that's the best feeling (until the Visa is in hand, I imagine).

Congrats on your approval!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes we all feel the wait is insane and try to be patient but some days you just have to go ARRRRRGGHHHHHHHH

:D

at least we are all like in process ....... right ? and soon one day end of tunnel ... this is what keeps me sane 1/2 way ..lol

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i agree with all of you. but that's how it goes. we can't do anything but to wait. been more than 3 months since we got our NOA1, i hope the NOA2 will come soon.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

look on the bright side

at least you're seeing approvals for the K1's so you know the uscis is doing something

there has been one I130 approval at csc in the past 10 days.....:(

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Anyone else getting sick of checking igor's list and the USCIS site yet? I know I am! I hoping to hear something any day now, but who knows! Anything I can do in the mean time to keep me sane?

Just be glad your at the CSC. VSC recently moved it's expected processing time for I-129Fs back to about 8 months, compared to CSC's 5 months. Enjoy what you've got!

Don't scare me and everyone else like this please! :ranting: Actually VSC is showing roughly a 5 month timeline. If you'll notice, the "Processing Times" page, that shows the I129F processing timeframe date as 11/25/08, was last updated on 04/30/09! :dancing: You almost about sent me over the edge of despair when I read that the timeframe was now 8 months. Maybe now instead of me "going over the edge," as my fiance and I are now over 4 months into our wait :clock:, you and others that have read your post can now be slightly encouraged. Although the fact that they haven't updated that page in over 2 months isn't exactly inspiring. :wacko:

Edited by lenaandbilly

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know how you feel! Yesterday I checked my email and was shocked to see an email from CRIS! Finally after 6 1/2 months... which is a relief- but also a disappointment that it was so late because I am in India, leaving in a week-my visa is expiring- and hoped he could go with us. (Me and our baby.)

Congratulations!

Don't scare me and everyone else like this please! :ranting: Actually VSC is showing roughly a 5 month timeline. If you'll notice, the "Processing Times" page, that shows the I129F processing timeframe date as 11/25/08, was last updated on 04/30/09! :dancing: You almost about sent me over the edge of despair when I read that the timeframe was now 8 months. Maybe now instead of me "going over the edge," as my fiance and I are now over 4 months into our wait :clock:, you and others that have read your post can now be slightly encouraged. Although the fact that they haven't updated that page in over 2 months isn't exactly inspiring. :wacko:

Two days ago, I spoke to someone at VSC who informed that that day they were processing cases from December 23. So I expect that when the website is updated in 5 days, it may show that they were processing cases from mid-December as of May 30 (or it might say 6 months).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

This site is very informative, but it also will drive you nuts if you stay on here too long! Expect that your nao2 will come a little after the 6 months no matter what you see going on here. I think you should just think in 3 months you'll get something.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay, like you I was checking USCIS website, Igor's List and the timelines of others with Nigerian fiance's daily. When I was almost at 4 months I called USCIS, they said that I hadn't been approved. I told them that I belonged to VJ and many people complained about the system not being updated - that some had gotten approvals without their names being updated in the system. I asked them if there was any other way to verify if I've been approved. She directed me to NVC, and I called. Sure enough I had been approved for 5 days and my petition was being mailed that very day to the Embassy in Nigeria. I received my NOA2 approximately 4-5 days after I called NVC, the same day my petition reached the Embassy in Nigeria. NVC's number is 603.334.0700.

Good Luck, and you will receive notice any day now.

Dionne

I'll never forget the day I got my NOA2, I was leaving the house to buy some fans because it was sweltering (hot) aye, it gets hot in Scotland..sometimes haha.

I (we) were so excited about the NOA2 (after 6.5 months waiting) that I spaced out in giddiness all day. I wrecked my car driving home from work, while my mind was elsewhere. We didn't even care about the car accident...

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

been where u are my friend and the best thing i can tell you to do is to stay busy. concentrate on making money or preparing gifts or a surprise welcome party for your honey. anything to keep your mind off the waiting. my whole process took about the whole 6 months they said it would [ our interview appointment is in a week ] i thought i would go insane during the wait - especially for teh NOA2-but my girl told me we shud both stop worrying about it and the very next day the thing was in my mailbox! i admit i did do my share of griping- i contacted my senator and tried to find other ways behind the curtain of USCIS...all to no avail. things did move faster once the foreign consulate got the case but i think that depends on the country.... you have to wait...its just how you handle the wait that counts. stay busy and good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I'll never forget the day I got my NOA2, I was leaving the house to buy some fans because it was sweltering (hot) aye, it gets hot in Scotland..sometimes haha.

I (we) were so excited about the NOA2 (after 6.5 months waiting) that I spaced out in giddiness all day. I wrecked my car driving home from work, while my mind was elsewhere. We didn't even care about the car accident...

LOL..Oh god..the answers here keep getting better and better!

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.