VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, does anyone know if it is possible for someone who are not a PR or Aus citizen and are living in Australia to have an interview in US consulate located in Australia?

It's my understanding that the person applying needs to be living legally in Australia at the time of interview (so no overstay or anything) but I can't see any restrictions other than that.

Mailed the Packet 3 Checklist "Ready for Interview" back to them and it'll get there today! Sent the New Zealand Police Check Authorization Form back as well at the same time, but different envelope.

Hopefully we get our interview time soon!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

yipeeee, we already got our interview date today! so happy! :dance::D:dance:

K-1 Visa:

CSC - Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-19

I-129F NOA1 received : 2010-11-22

NOA1 Notice date: 2010-11-26

Touched: 2010-12-03

Touched: 2011-03-17

Police clearance request 2011-04-07

Police clearance received 2011-04-28

medical examination: 2011-04-08

medical results received: 2011-04-12

NOA2 email receipt: 2011-04-12

Left NVC: 2011-04-26

Consulate Received: 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Received: 2011-05-03

Packet 3 Sent: 2011-05-06

Packet 4 Received: 2011-05-12

Interview date: 2011-05-24

Visa received: 2011-06-02

POE (Hawaii): 2011-06-10

AOS:

I-485 sent: 2011-07-27

Delivered to Chicago LB 2011-07-28

Email confirm receipt 2011-08-01

NOA1 hardcopy 2011-08-08

BIO request hardcopy 2011-08-18

Interview notice 2011-09-26

Interview 2011-10-25

Timeline
yipeeee, we already got our interview date today! so happy! :dance::D:dance:

Congrats!!! :D

Congrats on being here :)

First, head on over to the AOS thread mentioned in my signature. That will help with required forms :)

To answer your qns though:

1. put unknown and unknown. There is no issue with this because of the exact reason you mentioned, emergencies. Some people actually have trips planned, and the form's also used for re-entry permits etc so writing Unknown for both is fine (got mine no issue)

2. the DS-3025 is the vaccination copy that you got from your panel physician in Australia. If at the bottom of the form it says "complete" you don't need to see a CS (civil surgeon) but if it says incomplete (which mine did) then you will need to see a CS who will complete form I-693. They will not complete it all though (have a read of the instructions, it explains it in the FAQs on the form about a K1 not needing a new medical). You will only need to complete Part 1 (about you), Part 2 (Vaccination table only) and Part 5 (their signature). That's it. Some CS's don't know this though so if you have to call one ask for the cost of "vaccination transcription" and hopefully they know what it means. Should not cost more than $50 for it and you DO NOT need a TB skin test. The price doesn't include any shots that you might require though. Sometimes they have the forms in their office so make sure you ask whether you need to bring the form in, or if they have the most recent copy.

3. No. You have to go to the SSA yourself and apply. You can find the form SS-5 on their website and you can complete that, take it and your passport with K1 in it and you're good to go. If you're married you can TRY and get it in your married name but a lot of people have had issues with that so first you should get it in your maiden name because it matches on their system. Then when you get your EAD you can go and get it changed. For AOS purposes you don't NEED a SSN, and if you have one in your maiden name but complete the AOS forms in your married name it's not a problem (mine is still in my maiden name because we just haven't had a chance to get down to the SSA).

I'm doing AOS as well and My DS-3025 is ticked "Vaccine History Incomplete" (courtesy of DR Millar in SYD) but is also ticked "Applicant my be eligible for blanket waiver..." I didn't go to see a Civil Surgeon and I have not received an RFE as yet although there is still time I guess, my case was just been transferred to California CSC so I'm hoping this is a good sign and that we wont even need to do the interview stage. So we will find out in a few weeks if having an "INCOMPLETE" DS-3025 like mine is OK or needs to be transcribed by a CS.

27 Jan 2010 - I-129F sent (US time)

28 Jan 2010 - USCIS (Vermont Service Center) receive our petition (US time)

29 Jan 2010 - NOA1 (date on form)

05 Feb 2010 - NOA1 in hand[/color]

03 Mar 2010 - Police check done

05 Mar 2010 - Blood test done to check my immunity

10 Mar 2010 - Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer

16 Mar 2010 - Mum has surgery. Doing fine :)

19 Mar 2010 - Police check arrives in mail (16days)

14 Apr 2010 - RECEIVED NOA2!!

20 Apr 2010 - NVC sends petition to SYD (US time)

23 Apr 2010 - SYD receives petition (tracked using DHL)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

04 May 2010 - Medical report received

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

25 May 2010 - P4 received interview set for the 1st June

01 June 2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!

08 June 2010 - VISA IN HAND!!

08 July 2010 - flight... In James's arms

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

18 Mar 2011 - Filed AOS EAD AP (5mths after marriage)

22 Apr 2011 - NOA's received (3 letters, Not all on the one day)

?? Apr 2011 - Received letter for BIO appointment in Tampa FL

11 May 2011 - !! YAY TRANSFERRED TO CSC !!

20 May 2011 - Bio at Tampa

26 May 2011 - EAD Approved

04 Jun 2011 - EAD & AP Received

12 Jul 2011 - Green Card Approved/Card Ordered

Timeline
I'm doing AOS as well and My DS-3025 is ticked "Vaccine History Incomplete" (courtesy of DR Millar in SYD) but is also ticked "Applicant my be eligible for blanket waiver..." I didn't go to see a Civil Surgeon and I have not received an RFE as yet although there is still time I guess, my case was just been transferred to California CSC so I'm hoping this is a good sign and that we wont even need to do the interview stage. So we will find out in a few weeks if having an "INCOMPLETE" DS-3025 like mine is OK or needs to be transcribed by a CS.

Yeah that post is OLD! Back then lots and lots of RFE's were being issued (mostly for missing medicals and the transcriptions because they staff were told no I-693 = RFE) so that was the "safe way". If you think that your shots are complete then just send the DS-3025. I was pretty sure mine was but not 100% sure so I just paid (well tony did :P) the $50 to get the transcription to make sure.

Hopefully you're fine. Hopefully the staff have been properly trained now. **fingers crossed** for you.

Thanx Vanessa

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

27 Jan 2010 - I-129F sent (US time)

28 Jan 2010 - USCIS (Vermont Service Center) receive our petition (US time)

29 Jan 2010 - NOA1 (date on form)

05 Feb 2010 - NOA1 in hand[/color]

03 Mar 2010 - Police check done

05 Mar 2010 - Blood test done to check my immunity

10 Mar 2010 - Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer

16 Mar 2010 - Mum has surgery. Doing fine :)

19 Mar 2010 - Police check arrives in mail (16days)

14 Apr 2010 - RECEIVED NOA2!!

20 Apr 2010 - NVC sends petition to SYD (US time)

23 Apr 2010 - SYD receives petition (tracked using DHL)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

04 May 2010 - Medical report received

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

25 May 2010 - P4 received interview set for the 1st June

01 June 2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!

08 June 2010 - VISA IN HAND!!

08 July 2010 - flight... In James's arms

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

18 Mar 2011 - Filed AOS EAD AP (5mths after marriage)

22 Apr 2011 - NOA's received (3 letters, Not all on the one day)

?? Apr 2011 - Received letter for BIO appointment in Tampa FL

11 May 2011 - !! YAY TRANSFERRED TO CSC !!

20 May 2011 - Bio at Tampa

26 May 2011 - EAD Approved

04 Jun 2011 - EAD & AP Received

12 Jul 2011 - Green Card Approved/Card Ordered

How quickly should we expect to get packet 4? An email was provided.. so I assume they'll just send it that way.

P3 was overnighted to Sydney yesterday.

Filed for K1 August 2010

NoA1 received August 26

NoA2 text and email Feb 1 2011 :)

Packet 3 sent May 24

Packet 4 received June 2

Interview on June 14- APPROVED!!!

AU505-AustralianandUSApin_g.gif

event.png

Timeline
How quickly should we expect to get packet 4? An email was provided.. so I assume they'll just send it that way.

P3 was overnighted to Sydney yesterday.

You're looking at around a week at most. I heard 2 days later or something. Less than a week is standard though.

Congrats!!

Thank you!! :) and thanks for the info, sounds like it won't be too long. :dance:

Filed for K1 August 2010

NoA1 received August 26

Packet 3 sent May 24

Packet 4 received June 2

event.png

Ok, so it was received at the consulate on May 25.. apparently our attorney did not give us the advice/proper address to address it with ATTN XXX on the front. SO, it took 2 days to get it to up from the mail room..... And there are no phone numbers to call about inquiries? The number we called said they only handled non-immigrant visas. We've already sent an email, took 3 days to get a reply, saying they'd received the papers and were about a week behind in processing. And they only give appointments on Tues mornings?! I'm starting to freak out that it will take MONTHS to get an appointment at that rate. I've sent another email for more clarification. It just seems this is a bit out of the norm from other peoples time ranges. I hope they don't mean they process ALL immigrant visas on tuesday mornings only, because that will take forever! :crying:

Filed for K1 August 2010

NoA1 received August 26

Packet 3 sent May 24

Packet 4 received June 2

event.png

Timeline
Ok, so it was received at the consulate on May 25.. apparently our attorney did not give us the advice/proper address to address it with ATTN XXX on the front. SO, it took 2 days to get it to up from the mail room..... And there are no phone numbers to call about inquiries? The number we called said they only handled non-immigrant visas. We've already sent an email, took 3 days to get a reply, saying they'd received the papers and were about a week behind in processing. And they only give appointments on Tues mornings?! I'm starting to freak out that it will take MONTHS to get an appointment at that rate. I've sent another email for more clarification. It just seems this is a bit out of the norm from other peoples time ranges. I hope they don't mean they process ALL immigrant visas on tuesday mornings only, because that will take forever! :crying:

Okay first when you sent P3 you sent to it to the address at the top of this form here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/australia/39176/pdf/dsl-1076.pdf so there is no "attn" so don't worry about that :D

There actually aren't that many people lining up to leave Aus for the US so not heaps of immigrant interviews.. okay so there might be a couple of hundred but not thousands :P I've never seen an appointment booked any longer than a month from the date the interview letter was sent unless it was specifically requested. They don't usually book 1 person per time either. There are a fair few windows and even if it takes longer they wouldn't send you home if you're still waiting into the afternoon, they'll still process you.

Hopefully you hear soon :)

Thanks for your info! :) REALLY hoping to hear soon!

Filed for K1 August 2010

NoA1 received August 26

Packet 3 sent May 24

Packet 4 received June 2

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone- quick question...

when can i go get my medical done? Do i have to wait for sydney to receive my application? and for my packet 3?

i have my case number-its at the NVC right now...should be sent soon FINGERS CROSSED...the lady gave us the case number yesterday....

so can i go for it now? I just want everything to be done so as soon as packet 3 arrives i can get things going quickly...i have my police records...just need medical :)

tah xxx kiria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.