VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well, it has been 105 days for us now and..... still nothing. What are you doing VSC? We are praying that we receive the NOA2 soon!

I have my medical on Tuesday, so atleast i think we will be ready for the next step... when it comes.

Hope you have a wonderful visit Jaime! :)

Timeline

Well, it has been 105 days for us now and..... still nothing. What are you doing VSC? We are praying that we receive the NOA2 soon!

I have my medical on Tuesday, so atleast i think we will be ready for the next step... when it comes.

Hope you have a wonderful visit Jaime! :)

Good luck! the waiting is super frustrating and I'm only at about day 67...

Where are you doing the medical? I am assuming you had no problem booking even though your petition isn't approved and you don't have the number you're supposed to have yet?

My boy was/is due to arrive for a visit this Saturday, but that's all up in the air now because of a family medical situation which may keep him at home :crying:

Could someone please post the form that asks for your email address when you received pkt3? I am curious about what it looks like. I received pkt3 but didn't get asked for my email address and thought I would send this form in to cover my bases. I need pkt4 sent to me instead of James as he will not be able to check his email for 2 weeks :( .

I was going to just add it to a cover sheet but thought id use the form instead.

cheers (F)

27 Jan 2010 - I-129F sent (US time)

28 Jan 2010 - USCIS (Vermont Service Center) receive our petition (US time)

29 Jan 2010 - NOA1 (date on form)

05 Feb 2010 - NOA1 in hand[/color]

03 Mar 2010 - Police check done

05 Mar 2010 - Blood test done to check my immunity

10 Mar 2010 - Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer

16 Mar 2010 - Mum has surgery. Doing fine :)

19 Mar 2010 - Police check arrives in mail (16days)

14 Apr 2010 - RECEIVED NOA2!!

20 Apr 2010 - NVC sends petition to SYD (US time)

23 Apr 2010 - SYD receives petition (tracked using DHL)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

04 May 2010 - Medical report received

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

25 May 2010 - P4 received interview set for the 1st June

01 June 2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!

08 June 2010 - VISA IN HAND!!

08 July 2010 - flight... In James's arms

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

18 Mar 2011 - Filed AOS EAD AP (5mths after marriage)

22 Apr 2011 - NOA's received (3 letters, Not all on the one day)

?? Apr 2011 - Received letter for BIO appointment in Tampa FL

11 May 2011 - !! YAY TRANSFERRED TO CSC !!

20 May 2011 - Bio at Tampa

26 May 2011 - EAD Approved

04 Jun 2011 - EAD & AP Received

12 Jul 2011 - Green Card Approved/Card Ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When you send back your packet three, include your email address with it so they know who to send it to. I'm pretty sure that is what I did, because Alex gave the wrong email address for me at NCV!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

Could someone please post the form that asks for your email address when you received pkt3? I am curious about what it looks like. I received pkt3 but didn't get asked for my email address and thought I would send this form in to cover my bases. I need pkt4 sent to me instead of James as he will not be able to check his email for 2 weeks :( .

I was going to just add it to a cover sheet but thought id use the form instead.

cheers (F)

sorry if this doesn't work. it's from tony's comp that doesn't have word (weird I know!)

here;

sorry if this doesn't work. it's from tony's comp that doesn't have word (weird I know!)

here;

Thanks Vanessa

It worked perfectly.

James doesn't have MS office either I told him to download OpenOffice. It works exactly like MS offce but is completly free and is almost indistinguishable from MS office. He is extremely happy with it :Dhttp://www.openoffice.org/

27 Jan 2010 - I-129F sent (US time)

28 Jan 2010 - USCIS (Vermont Service Center) receive our petition (US time)

29 Jan 2010 - NOA1 (date on form)

05 Feb 2010 - NOA1 in hand[/color]

03 Mar 2010 - Police check done

05 Mar 2010 - Blood test done to check my immunity

10 Mar 2010 - Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer

16 Mar 2010 - Mum has surgery. Doing fine :)

19 Mar 2010 - Police check arrives in mail (16days)

14 Apr 2010 - RECEIVED NOA2!!

20 Apr 2010 - NVC sends petition to SYD (US time)

23 Apr 2010 - SYD receives petition (tracked using DHL)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

04 May 2010 - Medical report received

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

25 May 2010 - P4 received interview set for the 1st June

01 June 2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!

08 June 2010 - VISA IN HAND!!

08 July 2010 - flight... In James's arms

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

18 Mar 2011 - Filed AOS EAD AP (5mths after marriage)

22 Apr 2011 - NOA's received (3 letters, Not all on the one day)

?? Apr 2011 - Received letter for BIO appointment in Tampa FL

11 May 2011 - !! YAY TRANSFERRED TO CSC !!

20 May 2011 - Bio at Tampa

26 May 2011 - EAD Approved

04 Jun 2011 - EAD & AP Received

12 Jul 2011 - Green Card Approved/Card Ordered

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey everyone, I posted this in the huge Australian thread, but thought it might be appropriate here, too :)

My fiance and I are doing the k1 and we're in the middle of packet 3.

I'm filling out the I-134 support affidavit and came to a question that I don't know how to answer.

Question 11.

The "intend" or "not intend" one.

I've been looking for HOURS on the internet!

I've scoured this site and found that putting "N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)" might work or clicking "intend" and then writing something after that.

I also have a joint sponsor, if that matters.

It would be awesome if one of you guys that went through it at sydney could tell me what you put! :)

Thanks!

-Clifton

Timeline

I'm filling out the I-134 support affidavit and came to a question that I don't know how to answer.

Question 11.

The "intend" or "not intend" one.

I've been looking for HOURS on the internet!

I've scoured this site and found that putting "N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)" might work or clicking "intend" and then writing something after that.

I also have a joint sponsor, if that matters.

It would be awesome if one of you guys that went through it at sydney could tell me what you put! :)

My reply here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183541-land-downunder-aussie-aussie-aussie-oi-oi-oi/page__view__findpost__p__3952362 was:

"My husband (then fiance, the USC) selected "intend" and then wrote this: "I will provide room and board for Vanessa indefinitely. I intend to marry her within 90 days of her arrival to the United States". We had no RFE's and no problems.

Hope that helps :)"

Timeline

My reply here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183541-land-downunder-aussie-aussie-aussie-oi-oi-oi/page__view__findpost__p__3952362 was:

"My husband (then fiance, the USC) selected "intend" and then wrote this: "I will provide room and board for Vanessa indefinitely. I intend to marry her within 90 days of her arrival to the United States". We had no RFE's and no problems.

Hope that helps :)"

Thanks!

Timeline

K VISA FEE INCREASE EFFECTIVE JUNE 4th 2010

As you know the winds of change have been around for a while. It is now official.

For K1's this means the Packet 4 instructions which tell you to pay the visa fee will now say US$350 instead of the previous US$131.

Please be aware that the fee is based on the Australia dollar and is to be paid at the Australia Post office. You CANNOT pay the fee until you get your letter that tells you the amount as it is dependant on the US to AUD dollar at whatever random time they check it. It will most likely NOT be the current (day you get the letter) exchange rate.

If you were to pay the fee today, it would be AUD$420.219 as the current exchange is 82.9c

Here is the VJ thread that has links from December when the increase was proposed, and also the update that states it is effective worldwide as of that date: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/257471-non-immigrant-visa-fees-increase-june-4th/

Timeline

Hi Everybody,

We finally got our NOA2 yesterday after 116 days! We are so happy :yes:

Now we just have a few questions about the next steps.

1. Does the I-134 affidavit of support need to be notarized?

2. Vanessa, i know that you told me earlier on that you did not take your fiance's tax returns with you with the I-134. We have bank statements and a letter from my fiance's job showing that he makes over the poverty guideline. And that is all that the instructions on the I-134 actually ask for, so im hoping that we will be ok with that. Vanessa, did you also take your fiance's pay slips, or just the letter from bank and job?

3. Also, i know that once you receive packet 3 you have to immediatley send back form DS-230. Then once you have all the other documents ready you send them in to show that you are ready for an interview. My question is, If you already have all the documents ready can you send everything immediately along with form DS-230?

4. Lastly, does anybody know what the current wait time for an interview is once you send back packet 3?

Thank you to all of you for being so supportive throughout this process :D

Timeline

Hi Everybody,

We finally got our NOA2 yesterday after 116 days! We are so happy :yes:

Now we just have a few questions about the next steps.

1. Does the I-134 affidavit of support need to be notarized?

2. Vanessa, i know that you told me earlier on that you did not take your fiance's tax returns with you with the I-134. We have bank statements and a letter from my fiance's job showing that he makes over the poverty guideline. And that is all that the instructions on the I-134 actually ask for, so im hoping that we will be ok with that. Vanessa, did you also take your fiance's pay slips, or just the letter from bank and job?

3. Also, i know that once you receive packet 3 you have to immediatley send back form DS-230. Then once you have all the other documents ready you send them in to show that you are ready for an interview. My question is, If you already have all the documents ready can you send everything immediately along with form DS-230?

4. Lastly, does anybody know what the current wait time for an interview is once you send back packet 3?

Thank you to all of you for being so supportive throughout this process :D

YAY!! Congrats!! I think we all understand how you feel now you have NOA2. For a while there you can't help but think "have they forgotten about me??" but now you're just SO close to being all done with it :)

1. Nope :)

2. Just the letter from the banks and job. If it makes you feel better to take them though (the payslips or tax returns or anything else you have), take them to the interview, they're not needed but just in case they ask (which I honestly doubt!)

3. DS-230 Part 1 yep. Part 2 isn't needed and yes you can send it all together :) That's what Astrid AND Terri did I believe. My stuff took a little longer to come together. You should hear about your interview a couple of (business) days after you send P3 back.

4. About 3 weeks when I was booked in. I think Terri got it in like a week or something. So honestly I think it's anyone's guess, probably 2-3 weeks though.

Congrats again! Very exciting. You're nearing the end :)

**Edit - now would also be a good time (if you haven't already) to get all the relationship evidence together. Like phone logs, chat logs, emails, letters, photos etc. If you're anything like us they probably won't even look at them but you know if you don't have it they'll wanna see it :)

Also, start looking into hotels in Sydney unless you live near enough to stay/drive. I wouldn't personally fly in the day of the interview. There is FAR too much stress involved if your flight gets cancelled, and then delayed twice making you over an hour late for your interview :S

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't believe how fast it went, I had my interview this morning in Sydney and it's APPROVED :dance: . The process was so smooth thanks to everyone on this website for all your advice, guess we need to bring the wedding closer now :D

They didn't ask for any of the info I took and they were impressed with how much info I had.

Thank you to every one for all the help and support, and see you the next forum. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Service Center :--California Service Center

Consulate :--------Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent :-------2010-01-11

I-129F NOA1 :------2010-01-14

I-129F NOA2 :------2010-02-25

NVC Received :---2010-03-06

My heart breaks with every step, but each piece finds its way home to you.

8y3dhli3u.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't believe how fast it went, I had my interview this morning in Sydney and it's APPROVED :dance: . The process was so smooth thanks to everyone on this website for all your advice, guess we need to bring the wedding closer now :D

They didn't ask for any of the info I took and they were impressed with how much info I had.

Thank you to every one for all the help and support, and see you the next forum. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats ... that's fantastic ... :star: (please post some of the Q's they asked - I'm freaking ... :crying: )

OR ... duh, Deb ... have you done a review yet??

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.