VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hey guys, just wanna say that over the past couple of days i have read through many many pages and i thank u Vanessa for the in depth detail. I too am one of the ones who have been ill informed and thus leaves me in my current situation. That being that we submitted the I-129F form Feb 22, 2011 and we received the NOA1 25th Feb, 2011, its now the 21st of August and i have had no word of approval!! Im very nervous at the moment because i have booked my flight back in feb for Oct 5th. Based on what i have read from all of your past experiences, it seems as though the process from NOA2 to receiving my Visa may take anywhere between 1-3 months. I really dont know what is happening and or why it is taking so long!

But based on what i have read and the information that you guys have given here, i am booking my medical and police check tomorrow so that they are done by the time i receive my NOA2. I have also got my fiance to start on the I-134 form and supporting documents cos she will need to send them over from Texas. I once again thank u guys cos if it wasnt for this thread i would have been doing all of this once i received the packet which would have prolonged the process 10 fold.

I guess all i can do now is wait?

I agree with Dave and Shannon. Have your fiance call the senator/congressman in their area. It is NOT normal to be waiting 6 months. Five months was the longest I've seen so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

lol call the senator? How would she manange that?

Also i have booked my medical for sep 5th and police report finger printing for next monday night. The woman said i needed to bring all the paperwork they sent me from the consulate but i havent got any yet. All i have found in your threads is a link to a form P800, is that all i need to take?

Timeline

Also i have booked my medical for sep 5th and police report finger printing for next monday night. The woman said i needed to bring all the paperwork they sent me from the consulate but i havent got any yet. All i have found in your threads is a link to a form P800, is that all i need to take?

Timeline

Timeline

Okay so I think that you said she's in texas, so you would type "texas senator" in google and you'll find names. I found this link: http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/ looks pretty handy. I know it sounds totally weird (to contact someone like that) but happens all the time. She'll speak with "his people" who will tell her what they need to find out information. Sometimes the enquiry just kicks starts it again. Certainly doesn't hurt to call a person or too

Timeline

yeh did sound weird when u said that, i was actually laughing a little bit but hey worth a shot. We've made an appointment with the USCIS through infopass and she is going in to the San Antonio office to hopefully find out what the frig is going on, so fingers crossed. thats this friday morning texas time. I'll definitely let ya's all know.

As for the police report, is the P800 form all i need?

Timeline

yeh did sound weird when u said that, i was actually laughing a little bit but hey worth a shot. We've made an appointment with the USCIS through infopass and she is going in to the San Antonio office to hopefully find out what the frig is going on, so fingers crossed. thats this friday morning texas time. I'll definitely let ya's all know.

As for the police report, is the P800 form all i need?

Police check for what state? http://canberra.usembassy.gov/obtain_police_cert.html

i'm not sure about all states but Victoria refers you to here: http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx#forms but you can get the prints taken at any police station (well are SUPPOSED to)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow, it sucks that you guys haven't heard anything yet. My advice is pretty much what everyone else has suggested and what you are already doing. Hopefully contacting the USCIS and the senator will get things moving forward for you. About five months into ours, I had my mom call the USCIS (I was in Australia and the time zones were a pain) and they took the case number and told us that it would be at least another month or so before it was done but it was approved and forwarded within a week. I think that the call just got it moving again so hopefully the same thing will happen in your case. Good luck! Keep us updated!

K-1 Journey

2008-09-15 ~ Started dating

2010-05-03 ~ First meeting in person in the U.S.

2010-07-19 ~ Moved to Australia on a Working Holiday visa

2010-11-23 ~ Got engaged!!!

2011-01-04 ~ Sent I-129F forms

2011-01-14 ~ NOA1

2011-06-06 ~ NOA2

2011-06-22 ~ Packet 3 Received

2011-07-13 ~ Packet 3 Sent

2011-08-02 ~ Interview ~ Approved!!!!

2011-08-05 ~ Visa in hand

2011-08-09 ~ POE at LAX

2011-10-15 ~ Wedding!

AOS Journey

2011-11-07 ~ AoS Packet Sent

2011-11-15 ~ RFE Received (Forgot to sign a paper)

2011-11-17 ~ RFE response sent back

2011-11-22 ~ Biometrics appointment

2011-12-13 ~ Transferred to California

Timeline

OK guys, so update. My fiance went to the appointment with USCIS. They couldn't tell her anything but the guy put in a request to expedite because of financial hardship due to the fact that we may have to re plan wedding and re book flights (which is not the case but he did it anyway). Within 2 or 3 hours maybe we received an email telling us that the request had been denied because my case is already with an adjudicator and we will get a decision shortly.

So hopefully this kick starts things!

Timeline

OK guys, so update. My fiance went to the appointment with USCIS. They couldn't tell her anything but the guy put in a request to expedite because of financial hardship due to the fact that we may have to re plan wedding and re book flights (which is not the case but he did it anyway). Within 2 or 3 hours maybe we received an email telling us that the request had been denied because my case is already with an adjudicator and we will get a decision shortly.

So hopefully this kick starts things!

That's good news!! Happy for you :D

Timeline

That is good news. I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly and quickly for you guys!

K-1 Journey

2011-01-14 ~ NOA1

2011-06-06 ~ NOA2

2011-08-09 ~ POE at LAX

2011-10-15 ~ Wedding!

AOS Journey

Timeline

do i send the police report to myself or to the consulate? Then send the report with my packet 3 stuff?

If it allows to send to you I would do that. only because then it's easier to make a copy (as you're supposed to) but some states don't permit it being sent to yourself (from memory, could have changed by now).

Timeline

It should be fine to have it sent to you and then send it in with the Packet 3. That's what we did. The packet 3 asks for the police certificate and a copy of it so it's probably best to just have it sent to you and then send it to the consulate with all the other paperwork for your visa. As far as I know, the only exception to it would be a certificate from another country. My fiance is a Kiwi so we had to get a police certificate from NZ and that was sent straight to the consulate. But the Australian one should come to you and then go to Sydney in the Packet 3 I believe.

K-1 Journey

2011-01-14 ~ NOA1

2011-06-06 ~ NOA2

2011-08-09 ~ POE at LAX

2011-10-15 ~ Wedding!

AOS Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.