VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You'll need the I-134 for your interview and then the I-864 when you're in the US for AOS. If you're using a co sponsor make sure that the co sponsor AND the petitioner fills one out. We used a co sponsor and so Travis didn't fill out an I-134 ( he had nothing to put on it anyway as he'd only just started working) They requested it though when they sent the P4 to us but they ended up letting him just write a letter explaining why he didn't instead...which actually ended up being an email because i didn't get the letter in time, lol.....sorry, that was a bit of a long winded answer

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

lol thats ok, i should be fine though. Cos i will be showing evidence of being able to support myself anyway. Ive just had my fiance fill out the 134 form and get all the relevant info and papers together so that i have it just in case :)

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hey guys, SOOOOOO i have finally got my USCIS petition approved. That was on December 9th while I was in Texas. It was a bit unexpected as we lodged the 129F on feb 23!! So it took USCIS 9 and a half months to approve it! ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. The journey from that point has been quite smooth on the other hand. The petition then went to the NVC and they then mailed us and informed us they had mailed it to Sydney on December the 19th. Sydney then emailed us on the 29th of December with packet 3. Since I had already done all my medicals and police checks in October/November, all I had to do was mail everything which I did as soon as I got back to Australia which was January 10th. January 24th they emailed back with an interview date which is tomorrow(Jan 31st) at 8am.

Question... How long did it take for them to mail out the passport with the visa in it?

Congratulations! What a nightmare. It can take anything from 1-2 days to several weeks to get your passport and visa back. Most people get it within a week, however sometimes it is delayed, there may be a missing document that they only discover at the interview, for example. They will ask you at the interview when you intend to leave, if you say "next week" that might get them to do it faster. It's best not to book anything before you get the passport and visa back (having said that, I did!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hey guys, SOOOOOO i have finally got my USCIS petition approved. That was on December 9th while I was in Texas. It was a bit unexpected as we lodged the 129F on feb 23!! So it took USCIS 9 and a half months to approve it! ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. The journey from that point has been quite smooth on the other hand. The petition then went to the NVC and they then mailed us and informed us they had mailed it to Sydney on December the 19th. Sydney then emailed us on the 29th of December with packet 3. Since I had already done all my medicals and police checks in October/November, all I had to do was mail everything which I did as soon as I got back to Australia which was January 10th. January 24th they emailed back with an interview date which is tomorrow(Jan 31st) at 8am.

Question... How long did it take for them to mail out the passport with the visa in it?

A week maybe. There was one person who had an issue with it and it took more like 2-4 weeks but it's not drastically long typically

And CONGRATS!! in advance :)

Timeline

I got my visa and yellow envelope back the monday after my interview. They'll give you a tracking number for it too :)

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Timeline

expect atleast a 5day wait.. some get it sooner.. some get it later..

K1 Timeline:

30/05/11 I-129F Sent

06/06/11 NOA1 Recieved

15/07/11 Filed for Police Certificate

16/09/11 NOA2 Recieved

28/09/11 NVC Sent application to Sydney Consulate

06/10/11 Received Packet 3 from Sydney Consulate

30/10/11 Medical Exam

30/10/11 Sent Packet 3

15/11/11 Received Packet 4

29/11/11 Interview/Approval

09/12/11 Visa in hand

10/12/11 POE, LAX

16/12/11 Married

AOS Timeline

02/01/12 Sent AOS Packet

06/01/12 NOA1

13/01/12 Biometrics Appt Notice

17/01/12 Biometrics Walk-in

29/02/12 EAD/AP Aprroved, Card Production Ordered

01/03/12 Request for 'Green Card' interview

09/03/12 EAP/AP Combo Card In Hand

04/04/12 Perminant Residency interview

05/04/12 Perminant Residency approval via mail

02/05/12 Green Card In Hand

This process took us about year, it was very stressfull at times but well worth it.

(dates AUS format)

Timeline

thanks guys. FINALLY approved this morning! So i guess ill just wait and see now

Congrats!!

I rang DOS yesterday and was told they have a date for my interview BUT I should ring and confirm first as the date is

February 21st 2010, not 2012...

Not sure if I'm safe to book flights, so I'll try calling them Monday morning first....painful.

Anyone else had this happen?

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Timeline

I rang DOS yesterday and was told they have a date for my interview BUT I should ring and confirm first as the date is

Not sure if I'm safe to book flights, so I'll try calling them Monday morning first....painful.

No... that's weird... and kinda funny in it's stupidity... lol

Has anyone in here takes more than a month to receive package 4 after sending in package 3? I have read the review and looked around, the most waiting period between package 3 and 4 is around 2 weeks, but mine is like more than 3 weeks after sending in package 3. I still haven't received package 4 yet =(

Hi Chippy's girl,

what is DOS? you would be able to know your interview date without the embassy sending the package 4??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.