VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Bit of an update I guess, although nooooothing has happened in the last month+ now!

My case arrived at Sydney on March 28th -- and I have heard nothing since. No letters in the mail, no e-mails to either of us. And I have now sent off an e-mail asking '#######!' because I would have expected packet 3 by now. :S

I've been trying to arrange my medical but I've hit a snag. The doc here in Adelaide sent me a long list of instructions but right at the top is this: bring in your MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTION LETTER, which you have received from the American Consulate. Fill in the applicant details under “Section I: Applicant to complete this section.”

Is there even such a thing? I thought the embassy just referred you to the website (http://canberra.usembassy.gov/med_exam_instructions.html) but if there is, does anyone know if there's an e-version I can snag and get this thing going? Cheers.

Well the dude SHOULD have the forms.. mine did...

But here are some e-versions i found:

- DS-3025 - Vaccination worksheet http://199.236.85.158/consular/IV_DS-3025.pdf

- DS-3024 - Chest X-ray and Classification worksheet http://199.236.85.158/consular/IV_DS-3024.pdf

- DS-3026 - Medical History and Examination worksheet http://199.236.85.158/consular/IV_DS-3026.pdf

BUT I found this: http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4550.html which seems to say the forms have changed since I did it... so maybe they'll send you something in a link we don't have yet??

Well the dude SHOULD have the forms.. mine did...

But here are some e-versions i found:

Thanks SO much for finding those. I'll give the doc's office a ring and ask if one of those is the one they're after. I think the doc (Miller in Adelaide) written this up a while ago though and it may not be entirely accurate anymore, dunno!

Does the month+ wait just to hear anything (no packet 3 at all) from the consulate sound out of the ordinary? I'm wondering if I should try their switchboard number since the auto-response to the e-mail said they don't do status updates. :( Of course I also don't want to piss anyone off by bugging them!

Timeline

Thanks SO much for finding those. I'll give the doc's office a ring and ask if one of those is the one they're after. I think the doc (Miller in Adelaide) written this up a while ago though and it may not be entirely accurate anymore, dunno!

Does the month+ wait just to hear anything (no packet 3 at all) from the consulate sound out of the ordinary? I'm wondering if I should try their switchboard number since the auto-response to the e-mail said they don't do status updates. :( Of course I also don't want to piss anyone off by bugging them!

I personally think so... but there could be a backlog... mine took just over a week and my then fiance received the email, not me so make sure your fiance checks their email including their junk email folder.

If there's definitely nothing, I would send them another email and make sure the include your case number (you should have it). Let them know that you haven't received packet 3 and wanted to confirm they had the correct email address on file and that it hadn't been sent to the wrong place. That's all you can really do. Someone will pull your file info to check whether the email was sent, if it hasn't been they'll confirm your email addy for when they DO send it. Perhaps it'll even jump-start your P3 just to "get rid of you"... but a month seems excessive if you've received the NVC confirmation that Sydney should have it.

Re the forms - like I said, they might be out-of-date so I would call the doctor and confirm that he gives you the forms because the Sydney consulate DOES NOT (unless it's changed recently) send you the medical forms.. the doctor is supposed to have them.

Good luck!

Sydney received our case on the 23rd of April and James was sent Packet 3... 6 days later (I think it would have been even earlier but for the ANZAC public holiday). It was sent via email and James had to forwarded it to me Like Vanessa&Tony's had to be.

You have a right to feel upset and find out where it is. Just re-confirm with Sydney that they received it as you think it may have been lost in the mail, and you are getting worried.

I would ring the doctors office and ask them what instructions they were refering to as you have not received any. In my email from Sydney there is kind of a link to "medical instructions" but they don't seem like something the doctor would need. The Link.

It also saids in the email "Medical forms are only obtained from the Panel Physician".

Hope I was helpful and good luck :thumbs:

Edited by James&Candice

27 Jan 2010 - I-129F sent (US time)

28 Jan 2010 - USCIS (Vermont Service Center) receive our petition (US time)

29 Jan 2010 - NOA1 (date on form)

05 Feb 2010 - NOA1 in hand[/color]

03 Mar 2010 - Police check done

05 Mar 2010 - Blood test done to check my immunity

10 Mar 2010 - Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer

16 Mar 2010 - Mum has surgery. Doing fine :)

19 Mar 2010 - Police check arrives in mail (16days)

14 Apr 2010 - RECEIVED NOA2!!

20 Apr 2010 - NVC sends petition to SYD (US time)

23 Apr 2010 - SYD receives petition (tracked using DHL)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

04 May 2010 - Medical report received

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

25 May 2010 - P4 received interview set for the 1st June

01 June 2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!

08 June 2010 - VISA IN HAND!!

08 July 2010 - flight... In James's arms

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

18 Mar 2011 - Filed AOS EAD AP (5mths after marriage)

22 Apr 2011 - NOA's received (3 letters, Not all on the one day)

?? Apr 2011 - Received letter for BIO appointment in Tampa FL

11 May 2011 - !! YAY TRANSFERRED TO CSC !!

20 May 2011 - Bio at Tampa

26 May 2011 - EAD Approved

04 Jun 2011 - EAD & AP Received

12 Jul 2011 - Green Card Approved/Card Ordered

Timeline

Ahh the consulate replies pretty fast! Alright I'm back on track, time to get that medical organized since there is no new form or anything, it's still all an e-mail packet.

What did the consulate say? Did they confirm they have your file? Have they sent you P3 yet or are they still "doing stuff"? Did you call the docs and ask him if his letter was wrong and that he does provide you with the forms to complete?

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys :)

I know I've said this on 2 other Aussie threads, but I leave in 3 weeks for the US hehe.

Speaking of the stupid thing's some people have asked me, when I first went to the US and was staying in Oklahoma, I had a girl ask me if babies are born with the Aussie accent AND if we have subtitles here when we view their American shows ... OMG LOL.

Candice it was good to read your medical experience :)

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Hi guys :)

I know I've said this on 2 other Aussie threads, but I leave in 3 weeks for the US hehe.

Speaking of the stupid thing's some people have asked me, when I first went to the US and was staying in Oklahoma, I had a girl ask me if babies are born with the Aussie accent AND if we have subtitles here when we view their American shows ... OMG LOL.

Candice it was good to read your medical experience :)

Woohoo!! I bet you can't wait for your holiday and to see your man :)

:rofl: I'm not surprised someone would ask such a silly question. I've seen subtitles on several American tv shows when British people have been speaking in English. :bonk:

Timeline

Woohoo!! I bet you can't wait for your holiday and to see your man :)

:rofl: I'm not surprised someone would ask such a silly question. I've seen subtitles on several American tv shows when British people have been speaking in English. :bonk:

ME TOO! And I'm always thinking #######, I can understand them perfectly. So can Alex, too, hahah!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

ME TOO! And I'm always thinking #######, I can understand them perfectly. So can Alex, too, hahah!

Me three!! i saw an "Amazing Race" episode where they were in Australia and they had SUBTITLES!! I was like.. ummm what?!!

Me three!! i saw an "Amazing Race" episode where they were in Australia and they had SUBTITLES!! I was like.. ummm what?!!

Make that Me 4!!!! I always just look blankly at the screen & wonder if the producers seriously think the general population are dense.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Me 5! Just kidding LOL you guys are a crack up!

Giggles I cannot wait to give him a big hug and a big sloppy kiss HAHAHAHA ... but the best thing is that he will finally get to hold bub! Oh he did the exam for Chief yesterday but doesn't find out if he gets it for a couple of months. He said there were only 5 others that were going for an electrician promotion, so his odds are good!

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

I have my fingers crossed for him. You must be bouncing out of your skin excited!! I know I was when I was on the countdown to see Eric again...it wont be long hunny til you are with your man for good. In regards to the other drop kick...karma will get him good & hard!! It always does :)

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Me 5! Just kidding LOL you guys are a crack up!

Giggles I cannot wait to give him a big hug and a big sloppy kiss HAHAHAHA ... but the best thing is that he will finally get to hold bub! Oh he did the exam for Chief yesterday but doesn't find out if he gets it for a couple of months. He said there were only 5 others that were going for an electrician promotion, so his odds are good!

Aww...he must be exciting about finally seeing his new baby in the flesh. Hmmmm....my husband told me they sit the exam in January. Maybe he's at the stage where the panel selects who makes it or not??? Anyway, fingers crossed that he makes chief this year :)

Timeline

I have my fingers crossed for him. You must be bouncing out of your skin excited!! I know I was when I was on the countdown to see Eric again...it wont be long hunny til you are with your man for good. In regards to the other drop kick...karma will get him good & hard!! It always does :)

I am I am!! lol. Yeah Karma will prevail hahaha.

Aww...he must be exciting about finally seeing his new baby in the flesh. Hmmmm....my husband told me they sit the exam in January. Maybe he's at the stage where the panel selects who makes it or not??? Anyway, fingers crossed that he makes chief this year :)

He is Giggles :). He's been studying hard the last 4 months and I can't remember exactly, but he needs so many points and he has 100 or something so far and the exam was worth another 100 or 150 or something. He said they will be ranked on a list on who does the best to worst or something? I dunno ...

family2.jpg

PFvGp11.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.