VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

HAHAHA thats a classic!! So good to hear though that she is settling in so quickly and already popular!!

I know!! It still makes me laugh that a guy wanted to go out with her & she has no clue who he is!

She is the only Aussie they have had at the school that anyone can remember...so she has been asked so much about Aus...important things like do we have yoghurt there? do the kids ride roos to school? you know important must know stuff LOL

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know!! It still makes me laugh that a guy wanted to go out with her & she has no clue who he is!

She is the only Aussie they have had at the school that anyone can remember...so she has been asked so much about Aus...important things like do we have yoghurt there? do the kids ride roos to school? you know important must know stuff LOL

Do you guys speak English? Do you know Crocodile Dundee? Do you eat shrimp?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Do you guys speak English? Do you know Crocodile Dundee? Do you eat shrimp?

Such funny questions they ask...its like we lived on Mars not on Earth lol

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

04/06/2010 - Interview

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

Timeline

Seeing as it's April 25 in the US today....

LEST WE FORGET.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

Seeing as it's April 25 in the US today....

LEST WE FORGET.

LEST WE FORGET

Timeline

Sassyandswoop wrote a fantastic review for medical in Brisbane at the Anzac Square Medical Centre. Here it is:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/254194-brisbane-medical-review

Thanks Sassyandswoop! :)

Ok so... For those who need to have a blood test to show they have had vaccinations in the past make sure you ask for them to test for just the things you need and be specific. I knew I needed evidence of measles, mumps, rebella and that I would need a Tdap (Tetanus, diptheria, and whooping cough) Vaccination because I don't ever remember having one before and knew it couldn't hurt to get one anyway. For some reason my GP only asked for my blood to be tested for Rebella and Chicken pox (which I didn't really need evidence of but was nice anyway).

In NSW it is free to get the blood test and have the Tdap. If you wait until the medical it will cost you extra.

I got the results back and it shows I have immunity to rebella and chicken pox. Grrr if only I got them all done :bonk: oh well too late now.

I went for the Medical in Syd on the thur 29th Apr. I'm lucky my parents live in Penrith so it was just an hour train ride to Syd, Martin place to be specific. Went to the Sunrise set first

as I was early. I saw Mark Baretta walking along the street, waved Hi to him and he waved back. After the medical I saw Ann Sanders doing the news. I also saw another guy I recogised but I don't remember his name doing Sky news and later saw him eating later at a cafe.

After the little excitement at being at Sunrise I went and had cup of tea right outside where I had to go in. The building is called "Park House" which can be seen using google street view and right outside on the left is a cafe. Dr Millar is on the 3rd Floor of 187 Macquarie street.

When you step off the lift on level 3 Dr Millars office is just to the left. The office is smaller then I had imagined just enough chairs for about 5 people to sit down.

You should get there a little early so you can do a few things for Pat (The receptionist) who Terri said in her earlier review, was lovely and she was. You have to sign the back of your 3 photos there infront of her, so don't do it before hand. Then she will give you a specimen jar and right outside to the left of the door you walked in is the ladies toilets. I used the tissues Pat gave me to hide the jar on the way back. When Pat has finished making up your file and filling stuff in ( I didn't fill anything in) she will give it to Dr Millar and he will call you in.

The fee to see the Doc was $209 I paid using eftpos. Dr Millar is older then I had expected. I wanted to ask how long he had been a doctor but didn't. He start of asking alot of medical questions that I answered no to like "have you been in Hospital before. Do I have diabetes" and so on. Then we went into an adjoining room where I changed into a dark blue gown. Dr millar left the room while I get changed and come in when I said I was ready.

He comes in and first off was, getting weighed, I don't like his scales they're wrong :huh: the height 155cm the height thingy was also wrong I am not 155cm :P

Then he does the bend this way and that, then I read the eye chart then up on the table to listen to my chest and I got a bit distracted then cause he asked me about James :D but he lifted my legs one at a time to test its motion I guess and checked all my glands even the ones under my armpits and I said "ewe don't go under there i'm all sweaty". then I got my blood pressure taken while i was still babbling on about James That was pretty much it. He signs a form which you also need to get signed by the X ray person and the person who takes your blood.

Pat gave me directions. I knew what I was doing because of Terri's prior review, I felt like saying yeah I know but held my tounge. Ok so first of was to level 1 for the X-ray. You walk off the lifts and straight into reception which is big compared to everthing else. The fee is $65. I waited a little while and then was taken to a little cubical, had to take off my shirt and bra and necklace (made sure to keep that safe, James gave it to me), you leave your clothes there but take you bagwith you. I went into room B. Its all pretty straight forward, but I bet you think at the end of the X-ray that you mucked it up. I thought I did and I remember reading someone else thought they did too.

The lady will tell you to wait where you got changed while she checks the X-ray to see if it is ok, then she will tell you to get dressed then you can then proceed to level 2 to get your blood taken. Off the lifts and turn left its straight ahead of you. Small office, thought she was going to be a cranky lady because she told me to sit down she was busy atm taking a mans DNA. She turned out to be nice. I got my blood tested for measles and mumps as well as what ever they were testing for while I was there. Might as kill two birds with one stone.

Can the next person ask what they are testing for?

Saids on my receipt... US visa + 2 antibodies total = $60.20 I think the antibodies test was $33 (thats what I was quoted on the phone).

Oh just a tip ...make sure you have your passport handy both X-ray and blood person will want to check it.

Ok so after I had the blood taken I went back down to level 1 to pick up the X-ray, I had to wait awhile as it wasn't ready. Then back up to Pat who will take out the copy of the report and give you back your X-ray.

Another handy hint ...the X-ray is big and not something you want to carry in your hand, have a big bag or backpack with you so you can roll it up a bit and carry it in the bag...

I think that was it. I went in at 10:15am and the time on the receipt from pathology saids 11:20. so it took just over an 1hr all up

cost for me was ...

medical = $209

x-ray = $65

blood = $60.20

total = $334.20

I used eftpos to pay all the fees.

Got home the next day and that night James had received Packet 3 via email :D:dance:

Edited by James&Candice

27 Jan 2010 - I-129F sent (US time)

28 Jan 2010 - USCIS (Vermont Service Center) receive our petition (US time)

29 Jan 2010 - NOA1 (date on form)

05 Feb 2010 - NOA1 in hand[/color]

03 Mar 2010 - Police check done

05 Mar 2010 - Blood test done to check my immunity

10 Mar 2010 - Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer

16 Mar 2010 - Mum has surgery. Doing fine :)

19 Mar 2010 - Police check arrives in mail (16days)

14 Apr 2010 - RECEIVED NOA2!!

20 Apr 2010 - NVC sends petition to SYD (US time)

23 Apr 2010 - SYD receives petition (tracked using DHL)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

04 May 2010 - Medical report received

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

25 May 2010 - P4 received interview set for the 1st June

01 June 2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!

08 June 2010 - VISA IN HAND!!

08 July 2010 - flight... In James's arms

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

18 Mar 2011 - Filed AOS EAD AP (5mths after marriage)

22 Apr 2011 - NOA's received (3 letters, Not all on the one day)

?? Apr 2011 - Received letter for BIO appointment in Tampa FL

11 May 2011 - !! YAY TRANSFERRED TO CSC !!

20 May 2011 - Bio at Tampa

26 May 2011 - EAD Approved

04 Jun 2011 - EAD & AP Received

12 Jul 2011 - Green Card Approved/Card Ordered

Well hi everyone -- today I went for my medical with Dr Anthony Millar in Sydney. Let me just say it was the most pleasant experience thus far. His receptionist, a lovely woman named Pat, was extremely helpful and a wealth of information. She had everything ready to go when we arrived. You will need 3 passport photos for the medical. Under the MLC Centre there is a Kodak store, they do them ($18 each set of 2 photos) in a 20 minute window. I also paid the extra $3 to have them emailed to me at home so I had them for the interview phase.

**You do NOT need your case number for Dr Millar to do your medical BUT it is only valid for 12 months & you need 6 months validity when you enter the USA**

The medical was fairly straight forward and painless process. Dr Millar had me answer some questions followed by changing down to my underwear & the glamourous paper gown. He then had me get on the scales, checked my height, had me bend & touch my toes, bend backwards, to the left, to the right. Stand still,bend my neck to the front & back. Look forward, look left, look right. Stand against the wall, cover one eye & read the bottom line, cover the other eye & then read the same line backwards. From there it was out to Pat, pay for the medical ($209 each person) they take cash, cheque or credit card because I paid via visa.

I then went the the 1st Floor to have the Xray done (once again they take eftpos -- $65 non claimable through medicare) while waiting for this I went to the 2nd Floor to have the blood test ($31 also non claimable & can pay via eftpos facilities) After the blood test a simple stop by Xray to pick up your films, back to the doctors room where Pat looks over the report, takes one of the copies & tells you to keep your films for 12 months, you MUST have the films in your luggage at POE and that she will mail out the results as soon as the blood work comes back (usually within a week she told me)

So a summary of costs for Sydney Medical through Dr Millar in Macquarie Street:-

** Medical Consultation - $209 -- payable by cash, card or cheque

** Xray - $65 -- payable by cash or card (unsure about cheques) also not claimable through Medicare

** Blood Test -- $31 -- payable by cash or card (unsure about cheques) not claimable through Medicare.

US Size Passport Photos -- Kodak In the MLC Centre at base of stairs -- $18 for 2 (you NEED 3 for the medical) $3 for them to email you a copy for future use.

Overall it was a great day and I also got to spend some valuable time with my daughter whom I have not seen a great deal of lately because of the late nights spent at Westmead Childrens Hospital with my son on Dialysis.

Hope others find this useful :)

Id like to Thankyou Terri your review was most helpful (F)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

Oh and you Id also like to mention that yes you don't have to have your case number to see Dr millar. I read that you did to see a Doc In QLD. Sooooo glad I didn't have to do it up there. :dance:

Id also like to thank Vanessa for her most informative medical review of her melbourne medical appointment :thumbs:

I made a mistake in my review , when stepping of the lift to go to doctor millars office it is on the right ..not the left :bonk:

Edited by James&Candice

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

Ok so... For those who need to have a blood test to show they have had vaccinations in the past make sure you ask for them to test for just the things you need and be specific. I knew I needed evidence of measles, mumps, rebella and that I would need a Tdap (Tetanus, diptheria, and whooping cough) Vaccination because I don't ever remember having one before and knew it couldn't hurt to get one anyway. For some reason my GP only asked for my blood to be tested for Rebella and Chicken pox (which I didn't really need evidence of but was nice anyway).

In NSW it is free to get the blood test and have the Tdap. If you wait until the medical it will cost you extra.

I got the results back and it shows I have immunity to rebella and chicken pox. Grrr if only I got them all done :bonk: oh well too late now.

I went for the Medical in Syd on the thur 29th Apr. I'm lucky my parents live in Penrith so it was just an hour train ride to Syd, Martin place to be specific. Went to the Sunrise set first

as I was early. I saw Mark Baretta walking along the street, waved Hi to him and he waved back. After the medical I saw Ann Sanders doing the news. I also saw another guy I recogised but I don't remember his name doing Sky news and later saw him eating later at a cafe.

After the little excitement at being at Sunrise I went and had cup of tea right outside where I had to go in. The building is called "Park House" which can be seen using google street view and right outside on the left is a cafe. Dr Millar is on the 3rd Floor of 187 Macquarie street.

When you step off the lift on level 3 Dr Millars office is just to the left. The office is smaller then I had imagined just enough chairs for about 5 people to sit down.

You should get there a little early so you can do a few things for Pat (The receptionist) who Terri said in her earlier review, was lovely and she was. You have to sign the back of your 3 photos there infront of her, so don't do it before hand. Then she will give you a specimen jar and right outside to the left of the door you walked in is the ladies toilets. I used the tissues Pat gave me to hide the jar on the way back. When Pat has finished making up your file and filling stuff in ( I didn't fill anything in) she will give it to Dr Millar and he will call you in.

The fee to see the Doc was $209 I paid using eftpos. Dr Millar is older then I had expected. I wanted to ask how long he had been a doctor but didn't. He start of asking alot of medical questions that I answered no to like "have you been in Hospital before. Do I have diabetes" and so on. Then we went into an adjoining room where I changed into a dark blue gown. Dr millar left the room while I get changed and come in when I said I was ready.

He comes in and first off was, getting weighed, I don't like his scales they're wrong :huh: the height 155cm the height thingy was also wrong I am not 155cm :P

Then he does the bend this way and that, then I read the eye chart then up on the table to listen to my chest and I got a bit distracted then cause he asked me about James :D but he lifted my legs one at a time to test its motion I guess and checked all my glands even the ones under my armpits and I said "ewe don't go under there i'm all sweaty". then I got my blood pressure taken while i was still babbling on about James That was pretty much it. He signs a form which you also need to get signed by the X ray person and the person who takes your blood.

Pat gave me directions. I knew what I was doing because of Terri's prior review, I felt like saying yeah I know but held my tounge. Ok so first of was to level 1 for the X-ray. You walk off the lifts and straight into reception which is big compared to everthing else. The fee is $65. I waited a little while and then was taken to a little cubical, had to take off my shirt and bra and necklace (made sure to keep that safe, James gave it to me), you leave your clothes there but take you bagwith you. I went into room B. Its all pretty straight forward, but I bet you think at the end of the X-ray that you mucked it up. I thought I did and I remember reading someone else thought they did too.

The lady will tell you to wait where you got changed while she checks the X-ray to see if it is ok, then she will tell you to get dressed then you can then proceed to level 2 to get your blood taken. Off the lifts and turn left its straight ahead of you. Small office, thought she was going to be a cranky lady because she told me to sit down she was busy atm taking a mans DNA. She turned out to be nice. I got my blood tested for measles and mumps as well as what ever they were testing for while I was there. Might as kill two birds with one stone.

Can the next person ask what they are testing for?

Saids on my receipt... US visa + 2 antibodies total = $60.20 I think the antibodies test was $33 (thats what I was quoted on the phone).

Oh just a tip ...make sure you have your passport handy both X-ray and blood person will want to check it.

Ok so after I had the blood taken I went back down to level 1 to pick up the X-ray, I had to wait awhile as it wasn't ready. Then back up to Pat who will take out the copy of the report and give you back your X-ray.

Another handy hint ...the X-ray is big and not something you want to carry in your hand, have a big bag or backpack with you so you can roll it up a bit and carry it in the bag...

I think that was it. I went in at 10:15am and the time on the receipt from pathology saids 11:20. so it took just over an 1hr all up

cost for me was ...

medical = $209

x-ray = $65

blood = $60.20

total = $334.20

I used eftpos to pay all the fees.

Got home the next day and that night James had received Packet 3 via email :D:dance:

I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience there too. What they are testing for in the blood test is Syphillis...they dont test for HIV anymore as they stopped that in January 2010 but they still test for Syphillis. I asked the pathologist as she was taking my blood what they were looking for lol.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

04/06/2010 - Interview

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

Ahhh huh right. Wonder if they ever catch a few with it. Thanks again Terri and I hope you and your daughter are still on that happy high we will all get from the excitement of our new surroundings and being where we have wanted to be for so long... with the one we love

Cheers (F)

Edited by James&Candice

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

Ahhh huh right. Wonder if they ever catch a few with it. Thanks again Terri and I hope you and your daughter are still on that happy high we will all get from the excitement of our new surroundings and being where we have wanted to be for so long... with the one we love

Cheers (F)

Thanks Candice -- we are still on our high & not likely to come down from it anytime soon LOL. We are loving our life here not just because we are with Eric but because life here is just so amazing to us. I mean who would have thought this city girl would ever live in the actual country AND love it so much!!!! I spent my day today out on the tractor mowing the back paddock then came inside to spend my afternoon baking choc fudge brownies, biscuits for supper (scones) AND Cherry Pie with my MIL & daughter....nothing beats home made goodies!!

I am now waiting to see my youngest daughter on web cam (hoping they will log in) before crawling into bed as tomorrow we are off to a place called Niles to pick up Bek's bridesmaid dress for our wedding in 4 weeks!! ((OMGOSH that is coming around quickly.)

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

04/06/2010 - Interview

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a quick question, I had my medical test posted to me the other day and I'm getting ready to post off my packet 3, do I need to post the x rays as well or only the report?

Service Center :--California Service Center

Consulate :--------Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent :-------2010-01-11

I-129F NOA1 :------2010-01-14

I-129F NOA2 :------2010-02-25

NVC Received :---2010-03-06

My heart breaks with every step, but each piece finds its way home to you.

8y3dhli3u.png

Timeline

I have a quick question, I had my medical test posted to me the other day and I'm getting ready to post off my packet 3, do I need to post the x rays as well or only the report?

Just the report. Keep the xray for yourself and take it to the US, just for your medical records, it shouldn't be asked for at any stage.

Bit of an update I guess, although nooooothing has happened in the last month+ now!

My case arrived at Sydney on March 28th -- and I have heard nothing since. No letters in the mail, no e-mails to either of us. And I have now sent off an e-mail asking '#######!' because I would have expected packet 3 by now. :S

I've been trying to arrange my medical but I've hit a snag. The doc here in Adelaide sent me a long list of instructions but right at the top is this: bring in your MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTION LETTER, which you have received from the American Consulate. Fill in the applicant details under “Section I: Applicant to complete this section.”

Is there even such a thing? I thought the embassy just referred you to the website (http://canberra.usembassy.gov/med_exam_instructions.html) but if there is, does anyone know if there's an e-version I can snag and get this thing going? Cheers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.