Shivali

Processing time for K-1,K-3 now 5 months?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Okay i was just on USCIS page and processing times for the K-1 and K-3 is now showing 5 months. last month if was 6 months. Is this good news? or It's just something that won't matter...

I noticed the same thing recently. I am thinking it's a good thing, in that they are making progress with their case numbers. However, this is just my opinion. We filed mid-April so I am trying to be optimistic.

IR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Met: 2004-07-12

Marriage : 2006-06-22

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-15

I-130 Approval : 2009-08-18

NVC Received : 2009-09-02

Paid AOS fee: 2009-09-07

Mailed AOS packet: 2009-10-08

Receive IV Bill : 2009-10-29

Pay IV Bill : 2009-10-29

Packet received: 2010-04-07

Packet lost in the mail: 2010-06-01

Packet resent: 2010-06-16

Packet delivered to NVC: 2010-06-22

Packet entered into NVC system: 2010-06-28

RFE: 2010-08-10

Documents received: 2010-08-18

Notice of Interview Date: 2010-09-13

Medical: 2010-10-19

Interview Date: 2010-10-26 - DENIED

I-601 Waiver Application Mailed: 2011-02-17

Receipt of Waiver Application Notice: 2011-02-23

I-601 Waiver APPROVAL Notice: 2011-10-10

Passport returned with visa attached: 2012-01-24

Move to USA: 2012-02-29!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it means that CSC is now meeting the goals that they had set for F09. Hopefully they can get VSC up to that as well!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Okay i was just on USCIS page and processing times for the K-1 and K-3 is now showing 5 months. last month if was 6 months. Is this good news? or It's just something that won't matter...

Everything USCIS says on their website is TRUE! :wacko:

My wife has been here 10 months, had her green card for 7 months and our case is still "pending". TRUE.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

@ gary ---hahahah!! thanks mr. party pooper. atleast your better half is there with you ;)

i just got a message from a user here. someone with same noa1 as me just got their noa 2! i dunno should i get happy or bite my nails? :blink::dance:

Edited by Shivali
sigtxc.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for telling us this. Good news.

But you get NOA1 so quick! Only three days!! I got NOA1 40 days since we send the petition....

I always remember the tears in your eyes, in my eyes, when we are in the airport.

Our timeline:

2 April, Send I129 petition

7 April, Got phone call, asked for some other documents.

24 May, See NOA1 online.

6 June, Received paper P1

21 Aug, See approval on website.

28 Aug, received paper P2.

31 Aug NVC mailed out to consulate.

18 Sep, Get phone call from consulate, confirm about mailing address.

25 Sep, received P3.

25 Sep, Send back P3.

28 SeP, Consulate received P3.

20 Oct, call DOS and got interview date: 19Nov

25 Oct, P4 received.

3 Nov, Medical Check

11 Nov, Medical Check Report Received and pick up my bf in airport.

16 Nov, My bf attend petitionor hour in consulate

19 Nov, Interview approved.

22 Nov, Visa package arrived.

7 Dec, Fly with my bf together back to US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
it means that CSC is now meeting the goals that they had set for F09. Hopefully they can get VSC up to that as well!

They are shooting for meeting the 5 month goal for both CSC and VSC by Oct 2009

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for telling us this. Good news.

But you get NOA1 so quick! Only three days!! I got NOA1 40 days since we send the petition....

NOA1 should arrive in a matter of days. We got ours in 3 days.

Check the timelines to see when to expect things.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl=

Average is 9 days.

They probably lost your file and found it under the desk :)

Anyway, you got your NOA1, that's what counts. I wish you a speedy process from now on.

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
So, this 5 month processing time includes the approval only. Correct?

yes. Once you have the approval it goes to the NVC and there it sits for a couple days or longer...then goes to the emb. anything with USCIS timelines has to do with the petition and approval estimates.

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.