Merrillizer

"Wife" lied on visa application

69 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
:unsure: Ok......

so what is the point in continually posting your issues with her here on the internet.

He likes the attention, especially now that he is alone ... (F)

Plenty of puppy's out there that need homes. or is that a bad idea?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
More deception from my "wife" has been brought to our attention. She entered the U.S. on a J-1 Visa on June 25th, 2008. She had claimed to be a Student, but had already graduated University in Iasi, Romania. I met her on July 17th, 2008. Throughout our relationship and eventual marriage here, she stated to me on multiple occasions that she was "so lucky" to have gotten the J-1 because she was not a student. My ignorance of Visa's and how they worked (I have only traveled to Canada, didnt need a passport etc, never been to Europe etc.) made me think nothing of it. She said on numerous occasions that she was technically not supposed to be here or get the J-1.

What are the penalties for such fraud as making false claims on the visa application? She also stated on all AOS forms we filed (which I ultimately withdrew) that she was a Student, and entered the U.S. as a Student, which was deceptive.

First, there's no way she got a J-1 Visa without a sponsor to provide a DS-2019. Second, you don't have to be a student to get one, since it covers academic exchange and post-graduate work, among other things. If she had just finished University, there is no fraud in saying that she was a student, lots of people go to school more than once, and lots of people call themselves "students" in that situation. She may not have thought she should get a J-1, but apparently her American sponsor and the embassy in Bucharesti thought she should.

Drop it.

So then there was no fraud.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
More deception from my "wife" has been brought to our attention. She entered the U.S. on a J-1 Visa on June 25th, 2008. She had claimed to be a Student, but had already graduated University in Iasi, Romania. I met her on July 17th, 2008. Throughout our relationship and eventual marriage here, she stated to me on multiple occasions that she was "so lucky" to have gotten the J-1 because she was not a student. My ignorance of Visa's and how they worked (I have only traveled to Canada, didnt need a passport etc, never been to Europe etc.) made me think nothing of it. She said on numerous occasions that she was technically not supposed to be here or get the J-1.

What are the penalties for such fraud as making false claims on the visa application? She also stated on all AOS forms we filed (which I ultimately withdrew) that she was a Student, and entered the U.S. as a Student, which was deceptive.

When "students" apply for the Work and Travel program to get a J-1 visa, they must do so months in advance (of the summer). Therefore, if she got her diploma right before she came to USA (at the end of the school year in June), she was indeed a student during the time she had the interview. That means: She did NOT lie!!! :bonk:

The only way to prove that she lied is to know which questions she was asked during the interview. If she lied about when she was getting her diploma, then you have a case. Otherwise, you are out of luck. You are going to have to find a different excuse to charge her with a crime.

I am sorry to quench your euphoria :hehe:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OP: Have you taken out the time to check on the requirements of a J-1 Visa before coming out to claim she obtained it fraudulently? She had a sponsor who believed she was qualified for the visa and the US embassy in her country also did their checks. Please don't sound so illiterate, do your research first.

I read your other thread and even though I felt sorry for you at the beginning, I actually don't think you should be in a relationship or probably you have never been in one before you met your 'wife'. You whine like a kid for heaven's sake!!! You made the ultimate mistake by marrying a woman whom you know nothing about within 2 months of meeting her and like clueless said in the other thread, you lot just never take responsibility for your actions which is why you will ALWAYS keep on ending up with these women. I know the USA has beautiful women but somehow you seem to enjoy fratanizing with the 'illegal immigrants' like you call them, date local and see if that will work for you.

Relationships come and go but if I loved a woman so much as to marry her in 2 months(my parents would deny me if I did that) then thrawling the internet and slandering her would never come to mind. I know it hurts to be left alone but if this attitutude you have on here is anything to go by then I think you actually drove that woman out of your life and she definitely did a good job putting up with this whinning. You are not the first and you might never be the last that will be duped but you are hurting yourself more by going on about nothing.

Myself and my SO have African parents(don't even say anything negative about where I come from 'cos I will come down on you like a ton of brick) and before we decided to tell our families about our relationship, we wanted to be sure that we knew what we wanted(that took 7 years). Don't blame your wife for what you mom is going through, you CAUSED it and you need to take RESPONSIBILITY for not protecting the poor woman from being hurt and if I was your elder brother or sister trust me you would get some good #### whooping for that.

Just let your wife be and if she has done you any wrong, let karma take care of that. You need counselling and it will do you good to get one before this issue drives you insane...trust me you are almost at that point going by what I have seen online.

Good Luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Relationships come and go but if I loved a woman so much as to marry her in 2 months(my parents would deny me if I did that) then thrawling the internet and slandering her would never come to mind. I know it hurts to be left alone but if this attitutude you have on here is anything to go by then I think you actually drove that woman out of your life and she definitely did a good job putting up with this whinning. You are not the first and you might never be the last that will be duped but you are hurting yourself more by going on about nothing.

Myself and my SO have African parents(don't even say anything negative about where I come from 'cos I will come down on you like a ton of brick) and before we decided to tell our families about our relationship, we wanted to be sure that we knew what we wanted(that took 7 years). Don't blame your wife for what you mom is going through, you CAUSED it and you need to take RESPONSIBILITY for not protecting the poor woman from being hurt and if I was your elder brother or sister trust me you would get some good #### whooping for that.

Good Luck.

:unsure: Lord have mercy! Whooo! OP you think you're hurting? Be glad you haven't had the type of African ### whoopin Justchillin is talking about. :crying:

We're talking about a whole family and neighborhood whoopin ###...... Now that's pain you won't soon forget.

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Filed: Timeline

He says he withdrew the AOS documents, though, so what is the Affidavit hinged to?

Goodness! You just won't let go, will you? Seriously Merrilizer; why not concentrate on getting your life back together instead of placing so much effort and energy cultivating more sour grapes dude?

Perhaps he doesn't want to be held to the affidavit of support (hanging over you like a sword)?

If he can prove fraud (from the beginning), that would invalidate the affidavit. (so says a lawyer)

If she was here in a J-1, be it appropriately secured, or, as Merrillizer opines, secured deceptively, what marriage-fraud was commited by the alien? The alien was already here and with a visa. She didn't need to marry to remain.

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The OP is looking for ammunition to use in his effort to have his marriage annulled based on fraud. Since she didn't misrepresent herself to him -- that is, she didn't claim to be a student when they agreed to marry -- the kind of visa she had was not relevant to the marriage.

He wasn't seeking advice on how to get over this trauma in their respective lives. These comments on his motivations, his anger, his apparent desire to have her deported, etc. etc. have nothing to do with the question he asked. His generalized comments on her character also don't belong here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This man is just waiting energy. I'm sorry that it happened this way but the best revenge is to LIVE A GOOD LIFE.

Get on with it.

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I honestly don't know why the OP thinks it's within his right to have her deported. You didn't bring her to this country in the first place. Be careful with what you doing because it might just come back to bite you. You are evidently bitter at the fact that this woman left you and I am 99.9% sure we are not getting the true story of what happened to your marriage. You stated in your post that you took her to a Pizza place to get an 'under the table' job without a work permit, that in itself discredits you and I hope you also informed the ICE about that. You once loved this woman, you need to sit back and have a re-think.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I feel bad for what happened to you, but ONLY GOD will give you the peace and the answer you are looking for. FORGIVENESS

Please try to let it go, it will be better for your health and will help you heal better, back when she was with you and both of you being happy, I doubt you felt her visa or the fact you got to share some times together, if it wasn't an issued then, so i shouldn't be one now, give the girl a break, You might feel a HIGH from keeping talking bad about your EX WIFE, she's your EX now as IN THE PAST.

Everybody knows what she did to you WAS WRONG, but only God can judge her for her actions and I do beleive in Karma what goes around, comes around, one day she will pay for it. You have done what you can on your side by reporting her, so she may not be able to do it to another person, with that said, try to move on with your life and FORGET ABOUT HER.

But instead of sympathy people will look at you at an angry, vindictive person, Is that the image you want to portray of yourself, IF you have kids is that the attitude you would like to teach them.

Please, Please and Please again get a Counselor if you are unable to deal with this pain by yourself, talk to a dear friend, someone who really cares about you, who's not going to say yes yes yes, just so you can feel nice.

I hope in due time you will see things in perspective and learned from it, and like they say what doesn't kill you, only make you stronger. Please take care of yourself

God Bless!!

Best response, Let's pray he takes head to the wise Words you just wrote.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
The OP is looking for ammunition to use in his effort to have his marriage annulled based on fraud. Since she didn't misrepresent herself to him -- that is, she didn't claim to be a student when they agreed to marry -- the kind of visa she had was not relevant to the marriage.

He wasn't seeking advice on how to get over this trauma in their respective lives. These comments on his motivations, his anger, his apparent desire to have her deported, etc. etc. have nothing to do with the question he asked. His generalized comments on her character also don't belong here.

In the beginning he said that both loved each other. And it was after his persuading that she did remain in the country. I think the marriage was bonafide in the beginning. After living with him, she left.

Always two sides to every story. Yes she later said she never loved him but that may have been her hurt feelings talking.

I hope she gets to stay; she probably deserves it. Again, we do not have her side of the story; it might be a very different one.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
:ot:

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.