Todd&Dani

Coming up on our NOA2...

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

VJ has been the most helpful site, I can't imagine what it would be like to go through this process without you guys. Thanks in advance to everyone for their advice and help.

We are fast approaching our projected NOA2 date of mid-July (no RFE's) and may have hit an untimely roadblock. Dani (petitioner) has been let go from the job she had, and is scrambling to find work with no luck. Unfortunately the area of FL she is in is very hard hit with the reession and has seriously affected her line of work. She is unemployed and if we are correct the next step in the K1 process is to look at her finances. We are both quite concerned and worried.

Here are a few questions and various ideas we have;

-If she is unable to secure employment how will this affect our application?

-Would it still help if we got a co-sponser even if she is unemployed?

-Is it possible if the petitioner has funds in savings sufficient to cover us through the AOS period will this help?

-Will it help that her tax years for 2004 thru 2007 are very good stable income years?

-My father is a US citizen residing in the US, can he co-sponser my fiancee?

We would both appreciate feedback on these thoughts and ideas. Thanks for any and all help!

Todd & Dani

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1. If she is unable to secure employment how will this affect our application?

2. Would it still help if we got a co-sponser even if she is unemployed?

3. Is it possible if the petitioner has funds in savings sufficient to cover us through the AOS period will this help?

4. Will it help that her tax years for 2004 thru 2007 are very good stable income years?

5. My father is a US citizen residing in the US, can he co-sponser my fiancee?

We would both appreciate feedback on these thoughts and ideas. Thanks for any and all help!

Todd & Dani

1. It wont affect your application as long as you can find a co-sponsor. If you cannot find a co-sponsor then it will dead-end your application

2. It doesn't matter if she is employed or unemployed, if she doesn't meet the guidelines then you have to have a co-sponsor

3. No. They will look at her savings, but you cannot use savings alone as proof that she can cover everything. You can also use assets (like if she owns a house) in the same way that you can use your savings. They will look at your savings and assets and that will make them more happy, but you still have to have a co-sponsor if you don't meet the guidelines

4. Yes, but if she doesn't currently meet the guidelines you still have to have a co-sponsor

5. Any US citizen can co-sponsor.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

Thanks for the info Marina-Del. It is much appreciated.

We are going to be getting a co-sponor at this point for sure.

This leads me to a few more questions:

-Is there any kind of time deadline/expected date, etc. on me (foreign beneficiary) sending off the completed packet of forms and paperwork - (this contains the US petitioner's financial information, is that correct?) to the US Embassy? That I believe would be steps #8, #9, and #10 on the K1 Process Flowchart. This may give us more time to organize Dani's employment and also finalize with a co-sponsor. Any ideas and advice on this would be great from couples who went through something similar.

-Where do we find the forms and info to be supplied to the co-sponsor?

-Can someone direct us to a source on the US Immigration site or VJ where we can find the financial requirements on co-sponsors? Where would we find this information?

Thanks in advance to everyone from both of us,

Todd & Dani

-Is there any kind of time deadline/expected date, etc. on me (foreign beneficiary) sending off the completed packet of forms and paperwork - (this contains the US petitioner's financial information, is that correct?) to the US Embassy? That I believe would be steps #8, #9, and #10 on the K1 Process Flowchart. This may give us more time to organize Dani's employment and also finalize with a co-sponsor. Any ideas and advice on this would be great from couples who went through something similar.

-Can someone direct us to a source on the US Immigration site or VJ where we can find the financial requirements on co-sponsors? Where would we find this information?

Todd & Dani

I can't speak about the Canadian embassies particularly, but most embassies have you bring that info with you to the interview. Have you popped into the Canadian forum or read up on your embassy? (Embassy info link, top of the page)

Cosponsors fill out an I-134, and provide the same income and asset proofs as the petitioner would (if employed) They will also have to provide proofs of US citizenship in addition - the same options are available as what the petitioner needed to prove they were - Birth cert, passport, naturalization cert...

Financial requirements are the same, they must be able to show that they can support their household + the fiance(e) at the 125% of the poverty guidelines. Do a search for "2009 poverty guidelines" and you should get a table regarding the 100% and household size.

Checkout the US Embassy and Consulate Discussion forum. That's where you'll find people who are asking the same questions and getting answers + Helpful stickies.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everyone,

VJ has been the most helpful site, I can't imagine what it would be like to go through this process without you guys. Thanks in advance to everyone for their advice and help.

We are fast approaching our projected NOA2 date of mid-July (no RFE's) and may have hit an untimely roadblock. Dani (petitioner) has been let go from the job she had, and is scrambling to find work with no luck. Unfortunately the area of FL she is in is very hard hit with the reession and has seriously affected her line of work. She is unemployed and if we are correct the next step in the K1 process is to look at her finances. We are both quite concerned and worried.

-Is it possible if the petitioner has funds in savings sufficient to cover us through the AOS period will this help?

-Will it help that her tax years for 2004 thru 2007 are very good stable income years?

Todd & Dani

1. No money, no Honey.

2. Yes

3. Yes, but it must be 3x the shortfall amount. If her current income is -0-, then she needs about $60,000 in the bank or other assets for two people

4. Yes. But will not put you over the top

5. Yes, any citizen or LPR can be YOUR sponsor. Your fiancee is a US citizen, she does not need a sponsor, YOU do.

A co-sponsor fills out the I-134 just like the petitioner and provides support documentation just like the peitioner. The petitioner MUST fill out an I-134 even if her income is -0-

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Todd & Dani

1. You must have your interview before the approval expires...4 months from when it is issued. You CAN request 4 month extensions from the consulate, generally they gran them, but do not have to. The I-134 is presented at at the interview

2. Right here at this site. Check the form download links

3. Again right here, look under the requirements for the I-864. There is no specific requirements for the I-134 but consulates tend to use the same guidelines

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are going through Montreal they usually auto extend your acceptance as right now its taking about 3 months from when you submit the P3 checklist to them to get your interview, and its taking about a week or 2 to get the package once it clears NVC, which would put you near the 4 month mark anyway. If you just took a little longer to return the package your interview would be about 2-3 months from them logging it.

Just as a general idea, if your NOA2 comes through when your timeline says it should, you would probably get the P3 around the end of July. If you dont submit it lets say till the middle of August, your interview would probably be sometime in November or so. Thats when you will need the I-134. The only things you return on MTL with the P3 is the checklist and the DS-230.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Nik+Heather: Thanks for the response and Embassy link info. Much appreciated. The US Embassy in Mtl is about 15 mins. from where I was born and grew up.

Gary & Alla: Thanks! I understand the sponsorship is ultimately for me, not my US Petitioner. I just wish I could use my (foreign) funds and financial access to sponsor myself and we wouldn't need a US citizen co-sponsor at all. Thanks for the info and tips on the I-134.

Danu: Yes, your extra info helped us sort through this process, Your input is very appreciated. We are learning as we go.

Thanks to you all,

Todd & Dani

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Nik+Heather: Thanks for the response and Embassy link info. Much appreciated. The US Embassy in Mtl is about 15 mins. from where I was born and grew up.

Gary & Alla: Thanks! I understand the sponsorship is ultimately for me, not my US Petitioner. I just wish I could use my (foreign) funds and financial access to sponsor myself and we wouldn't need a US citizen co-sponsor at all. Thanks for the info and tips on the I-134.

Danu: Yes, your extra info helped us sort through this process, Your input is very appreciated. We are learning as we go.

Thanks to you all,

Todd & Dani

:D No problem at all. I figured with all their advice if I could give you a bit of an idea what you are looking at timeline wise for the actual interview that it might help with planning a bit.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Can the co-sponsor reside outside of the US, if they are still a US citizen? Does it matter where their income comes from? Foreign source/outside of US?

So they would need to be able to support their household, my fiancee, and myself at the required poverty guideline for the State that my fiancee and I will be living in (FL)?

Thanks,

T & D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Todd & Dani

Hey Todd and Dani. I am from Florida originally. Now in Pakistan with my Husband awaiting His I-130 and K3. Would you mind telling me whereabouts Dani is staying? I may be able to help her find a job quickly. I have many connections around the state, and if not in the job category, friends who know someone. So, let me know. Take care and best of Luck my brother and sister.

~Tara Ahmed

Tara and Ali - Married 01/25/2009

Alhamdulillah!

Timeline

Still hoping some of the members here can provide some info, and here are a couple more questions about the sponsor...

When we choose a sponsor is it just to be one person/one income/assets or a family/dual income can be used? For example if we use one of Dani's family members and they are married with dual income to support their family does this appy to us for the sponsorship or just one of the person's income?

Thanks,

T

AhmedFamily; Dani is in the Sarasota area. Thanks.

PS: Also noticed that for the past 4 weeks the VJ Tineline has been pushing our NOA2 back by a week. :-( Is USCIS busy/backlogged right now or is this normal and to be expected?

Edited by Todd&Dani

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Still hoping some of the members here can provide some info, and here are a couple more questions about the sponsor...

When we choose a sponsor is it just to be one person/one income/assets or a family/dual income can be used? For example if we use one of Dani's family members and they are married with dual income to support their family does this appy to us for the sponsorship or just one of the person's income?

Thanks,

T

AhmedFamily; Dani is in the Sarasota area. Thanks.

PS: Also noticed that for the past 4 weeks the VJ Tineline has been pushing our NOA2 back by a week. :-( Is USCIS busy/backlogged right now or is this normal and to be expected?

For the I-134 it's generally only one person, one income. Regarding your previous question, the sponsor generally must be domiciled in the United States.

I use the term "generally" because the I-134 does not provide specific guidance on either of these points. In fact, there is nothing in the I-134 instructions about using a co-sponsor. Consulates have latitude to decide on their own what they will accept with an I-134. However, consulates often apply the same rules as will be applied with the I-864 affidavit that is submitted with the AOS application. The I-864 does allow for combining income with other household members, but requires the I-864A contract. There is no corresponding contract for the I-134, so consulates usually don't allow combining income with the I-134.

Because the rules for the I-134 are consulate specific, your best bet is always to check with the consulate for the 'official' policy. However, I've never seen anybody state that a consulate allowed something with the I-134 that wasn't allowed with the I-864, so the rules for the I-864 are probably a good place to start looking for what will probably be allowed.

Timeline stats - these are based on data submitted by VJ members. They can be skewed by a few members taking an unusually long time, or a few members getting a military expedite, etc. They may are may not have any bearing on what is happening at a particular service center.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Todd & Dani

1. No money, no Honey.

2. Yes

3. Yes, but it must be 3x the shortfall amount. If her current income is -0-, then she needs about $60,000 in the bank or other assets for two people

4. Yes. But will not put you over the top

5. Yes, any citizen or LPR can be YOUR sponsor. Your fiancee is a US citizen, she does not need a sponsor, YOU do.

A co-sponsor fills out the I-134 just like the petitioner and provides support documentation just like the peitioner. The petitioner MUST fill out an I-134 even if her income is -0-

2010.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

" MARRIED"

Thanks be to god

49893.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.