SAVM

Wow, the Philippines!

336 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lot of cross-cultural bashing going on in this thread... how about we agree that its different strokes for different folks? If you have a filipino spouse & you are very happy that's great. If your spouse is from another country & you are happy that's great too. There's no need to compare the two like a couple of 3rd graders comparing toys during recess.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of cross-cultural bashing going on in this thread... how about we agree that its different strokes for different folks? If you have a filipino spouse & you are very happy that's great. If your spouse is from another country & you are happy that's great too. There's no need to compare the two like a couple of 3rd graders comparing toys during recess.

I don't think any of us are doing that. The post above is a joke. There are plenty of places, including the PI, where women tend to look past the superficial. Look at the original post about fat ugly guys. :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I don't think any of us are doing that. The post above is a joke. There are plenty of places, including the PI, where women tend to look past the superficial. Look at the original post about fat ugly guys. :lol:

I disagree; some people were serious & got their panties in a bunch. However the stereotype of Filipinos marrying fat and/or old men has truth to it... like all stereotypes it is a generalization & perhaps an exaggeration, but its based in fact. I'm sure it happens in marriages between other countries as well, so it certainly isn't just a Filipino thing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey a big point everyone missed.... think it's kinda cute:

Everyone on this site is either trying to come or trying to bring someone to the USA

So I would say, *ahem,* that in this website American husbands & wives are the best, right?... :lol:

Happy Early 4th of July my fellow Americans :)

And don't start replying to me saying I think Americans are superior, if you guys don't get it I'm joking... lol

It's just kinda ironic having a discussion like this on a website where you know there are tons of different cultures and backgrounds.

Scapegoating is dangerous.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hey a big point everyone missed.... think it's kinda cute:

Everyone on this site is either trying to come or trying to bring someone to the USA

So I would say, *ahem,* that in this website American husbands & wives are the best, right?... :lol:

Happy Early 4th of July my fellow Americans :)

And don't start replying to me saying I think Americans are superior, if you guys don't get it I'm joking... lol

It's just kinda ironic having a discussion like this on a website where you know there are tons of different cultures and backgrounds.

Scapegoating is dangerous.

there she is, get her!

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Don't single out Filipinas por favor. There are other women from other countries in Visa Journey married to fat, ugly and old Americans and there are men from other countries married to fat, old and ugly Americans. Why, I just saw one ugly couple yesterday in Wal-Mart. The guy is in 70's and the Chinese girl is like 18 years old and they were kissing at the check out counter. And my friend Joanne (she's white) said, "Hey, Marie! Look at that odd couple. Yuck!

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Can I buy everyone a bottle of Coke?... for perfect harmony...

Coke is the best cola in the world ~ I hope Pepsi doesn't mind me saying that.

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I disagree; some people were serious & got their panties in a bunch. However the stereotype of Filipinos marrying fat and/or old men has truth to it... like all stereotypes it is a generalization & perhaps an exaggeration, but its based in fact. I'm sure it happens in marriages between other countries as well, so it certainly isn't just a Filipino thing.

Brad and Vika, I like you. Among the foreigners who have shared their opinions, anger, etc. in this post, I think you're one of the open-minded ones and not judgmental about us filipinas.

I think it just goes to show that all of us take pride of ourselves and where we came from. And none of us will allow just anyone to insult us.

Nowhereman, I agree with you but i think it's just so unfair that only filipinas are being criticized for that when in fact it's happening in the whole world. Why if a filipina marry an "ugly, fat, old man" (as others put it), it's bad, but if other nationalities do it, it's acceptable? Also, I think it's so shallow that people are judging others because they married someone much older or some "ugly, fat man". It's none of our business. It's their lives, their choices...If they are happy, let it be.

For the record, I'm not marrying an "ugly, fat, old man". In fact, I'm even a year older than my fiance and he's not ugly. But I just want other people to realize that their being so judgmental about us filipinas is not cool at all.

To foreigners claiming that their filipina wives are the best, I agree because I'm also a filipina and it's flattering to know that foreigners do appreciate filipina wives. To those who disagree that filipinas are the best wives, that's cool. We are entitled to our own opinions and I respect yours as well so I hope you will also respect ours. No need to insult our race.

I just have one word that I think all of should learn. That is RESPECT. Let's respect each other's opinions and choices and preferences. And also, stop being judgmental for goodness sake!

Goodluck to all of us in our visa journey!!! :)

Can I buy everyone a bottle of Coke?... for perfect harmony...

Coke is the best cola in the world ~ I hope Pepsi doesn't mind me saying that.

Thanks....Cheers! I love Coke.

Lighten up people, this is an old topic that has been replayed again and again. Let's just have fun here.

Oh, btw, I nominate you PW as Miss VJ... :P:thumbs:

~Chinook

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't believe I've been this active in this topic! Hehehe...

Anyways, it's getting late here so I'm logging off...If there are reactions (especially violent ones :P) about what I've said, I'll answer you all tomorrow. Hehehe...

Good night/morning everyone! :)

Timeline

Brad and Vika, I like you. Among the foreigners who have shared their opinions, anger, etc. in this post, I think you're one of the open-minded ones and not judgmental about us filipinas.

I think it just goes to show that all of us take pride of ourselves and where we came from. And none of us will allow just anyone to insult us.

Nowhereman, I agree with you but i think it's just so unfair that only filipinas are being criticized for that when in fact it's happening in the whole world. Why if a filipina marry an "ugly, fat, old man" (as others put it), it's bad, but if other nationalities do it, it's acceptable? Also, I think it's so shallow that people are judging others because they married someone much older or some "ugly, fat man". It's none of our business. It's their lives, their choices...If they are happy, let it be.

For the record, I'm not marrying an "ugly, fat, old man". In fact, I'm even a year older than my fiance and he's not ugly. But I just want other people to realize that their being so judgmental about us filipinas is not cool at all.

To foreigners claiming that their filipina wives are the best, I agree because I'm also a filipina and it's flattering to know that foreigners do appreciate filipina wives. To those who disagree that filipinas are the best wives, that's cool. We are entitled to our own opinions and I respect yours as well so I hope you will also respect ours. No need to insult our race.

I just have one word that I think all of should learn. That is RESPECT. Let's respect each other's opinions and choices and preferences. And also, stop being judgmental for goodness sake!

Thank you for your input... we agree on this topic for the most part. As I stated in a previous post my Filipino wife and I joked with each other during my 2 trips to the Philippines when we saw a young, pretty Filipino with a guy twice her age and/or 3 times her weight. Like I also said if they are happy then that's all that matters... and yes of course you see these types of couples with women (and men) from other countries as well.

Filed: Timeline
As nice as that sounds, I'm not sure there's any evidence to back up the fact that Philippina women make "better" wives than women of any other nationality. I don't think we're being honest with ourselves here.

The "evidence" is the fact that you are here in the Philippines Regional Forum, instead of the boring South American Regional Forum. :P

Filipinas are lively, supportive, and fun. They have big hearts and a wonderful sense of humor too. That's why I married a Filipina, and that's why I'm here in the Philippines Regional Forum. :yes:

Honestly, Filipinas can't help it if you are envious! :whistle:

~ Tahoma

In all fairness, the OP had originally posted this topic in the K-1 forum, but an Organizer moved it. I can certainly move it out of the Philippines forum if that is the concensus. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for your input... we agree on this topic for the most part. As I stated in a previous post my Filipino wife and I joked with each other during my 2 trips to the Philippines when we saw a young, pretty Filipino with a guy twice her age and/or 3 times her weight. Like I also said if they are happy then that's all that matters... and yes of course you see these types of couples with women (and men) from other countries as well.

I must say the topic has generated a lot of responses , the bottom line here is , to each his own , different strokes for different folks as the others have said ; and to ms. colombia who started all this , now you know why a lot of americanos marry filipinas .

Good luck to all !

Filed: Timeline
As nice as that sounds, I'm not sure there's any evidence to back up the fact that Philippina women make "better" wives than women of any other nationality. I don't think we're being honest with ourselves here.

The "evidence" is the fact that you are here in the Philippines Regional Forum, instead of the boring South American Regional Forum. :P

Filipinas are lively, supportive, and fun. They have big hearts and a wonderful sense of humor too. That's why I married a Filipina, and that's why I'm here in the Philippines Regional Forum. :yes:

Honestly, Filipinas can't help it if you are envious! :whistle:

~ Tahoma

In all fairness, the OP had originally posted this topic in the K-1 forum, but an Organizer moved it. I can certainly move it out of the Philippines forum if that is the concensus. :)

The thread might liven things up in the Canada forum. Do you think the girls are ready for the MENA forum? Of course, there is always OT, and the assorted group of misfits, myself included, that hang out there. I am sure we could hijack this thread in no time at all. :devil:

Sa lahat ng mga Pinay dito? :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.