johnnybgood265

Need visajourney members imput

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Recently, I sent out the first package to the california service center. With all docs. needed. As you all must feel the same as kirsteen and I (exceited) to start our lives together. I am being pressed by her everyday with questions about this k1 process and trying to do my best not to screw things up. I would also like to know to. Could anyone tell me from past experiance "IF THE SERVICE CENTER CASHIES MY CHECK" does that mean it has been approved for the first part ? Or am i getting ahead of myself. If it is going tobe sent back to me because of an RFE do they usally cash the check anyway?

2010.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

" MARRIED"

Thanks be to god

49893.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Cashing your cheque means that they have received your package and it appears to be relatively complete. They will take your money whether they approve or deny your application so no, cashing your cheque doesn't mean you have been approved. When you receive the 2nd notice from them (the first NOA is a receipt notice), it will then tell you whether or not your petition is approved. They may still send you an RFE - but they will cash your cheque whether they do or don't.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

there is no approved for the first part, or approved for the second part or whatever.

There is only one approval. The cashing of the check really just means that someone in the CSC mail room opened up what you sent, takes out the check puts it to be cashed and makes a file with your information for later adjudication. Simply put it means you're in the system. You can get an RFE at any time before your approval, unfortunately.

Good luck

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Well, it means that they aren't going to reject it for some glaring omission - like the petition is missing or the correct amount on the check.

Also means that they actually received it, and you should be getting your receipt notice (NOA1) soon! Your packet hasn't been lost in the mail!

The best thing you can do for your fiance is to send her along to Visa Journey as well and for her to read the guides and the K1 flow chart (link to the guides at the top of the page). I found that taking the mystery out of the process really helps in taking the stress out of it too!!

As you read these, you'll find that you should not expect your petition to be approved for several more months, And, after it's approved, she still has to apply for a visa. This is a multi-step process. Put some of this early energy/excitement to use in learning about and preparing for the next steps.

Good luck, and welcome to Visa Journey!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The fastest part of the entire process is the cashing of the check :thumbs:

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Great advice from Nik n Heather. Your SO should be as knowledgeable about the process as you are. Good luck, follow the guides and you should be fine. Mike

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If your SO does not have internet access print out the VJ K1 flow chart and mail it to them :thumbs:

Check out the questions that are typically asked at your consulate and make sure she knows the answers in your case.

The more knowledge the both of you have the better! B)

Edited by JAPrincess

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Recently, I sent out the first package to the california service center. With all docs. needed. As you all must feel the same as kirsteen and I (exceited) to start our lives together. I am being pressed by her everyday with questions about this k1 process and trying to do my best not to screw things up. I would also like to know to. Could anyone tell me from past experiance "IF THE SERVICE CENTER CASHIES MY CHECK" does that mean it has been approved for the first part ? Or am i getting ahead of myself. If it is going tobe sent back to me because of an RFE do they usally cash the check anyway?

No, it emans they took your money. It does not signify anything else. (Actually it does...if your petition was so grossly lacking, ie. forms missing, etc., they would return the whole package to you, with the check) Thi smeans they have accepted your petition for processing. They put you in line. You will get your NOA1 next, a fancy letter to tell you what you already know...they got your petition.

:rofl:

:rofl:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Great advice from Nik n Heather. Your SO should be as knowledgeable about the process as you are. Good luck, follow the guides and you should be fine. Mike

Thank you vey much for your help

:thumbs:

2010.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

" MARRIED"

Thanks be to god

49893.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thi smeans they have accepted your petition for processing. They put you in line. You will get your NOA1 next, a fancy letter to tell you what you already know...they got your petition.

"THEY PUT IN LINE"

Don't mislead him tell him the truth there is no line!

They put in a group and you wait for the lottery drawing in every step all the way to the consulate interview.

Welcome to the grab bag processing system of the ins.

the only thing you can bet on is they will give you excelent service in processing you check every time.

You may be only one person in the world,

but you may be the whole world to one person

LIVED IN YUDU CHINA SINCE 5-5-2008

SENT 129F AUG 5 2008

NOA1 AUG 13TH 2008--8 DAYS

NOA2 MAR 20TH 2009--227 DAYS

RECEIVED P3 MAY18TH--286 DAYS

RETURNED P3 MAY 19TH--287 DAYS

RECEIVED P4 JULY 3 4:30 PM

JUST 351 DAYS TO GET INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW DATE JULY 30TH 7:30 AM

RECEIVED A BLUE GOT IT TAKEN CARE OF

NOW INTO A DNA TEST

R4ECEIVED VISAS 3-26-2010 FOR VISAS

POE SAN FRANSISCO APRIL 6TH 2010

HAVE BE IN THE SYSTEM FOR 1 YR 8 MO 16 DAYS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If you go to this link, here's a long explanation from a former SC worker of how the inside process works:

Inside the SC

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tell your fiance that they cashed your check, which means they recieved your package and so far you are on the right track. You won't know anything for the next 3 to 4 months at least, so calm her down and talk with her about other things. That's what my fiance did, he just didn't talk about it for few months as there was nothing to say! Then he told me that he received a letter of approval and we were excited.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.