spokaneblueyes

Denial of immigration visa

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My husband had an interveiw at the US embassy in Tunis Tunisa. After the interview we where told that they belive our marrege is only for immigration. and that his visa was denied. A few days later I was told that it was now pending and they where investigating our case. I was wondering if this has happen to anyone. They will not give me a time line or let me know of anymore information they would like from us. So at this point I have writen my congress woman and she is going to make a congressional inqury. I am hoping this will help in some way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What proof did you provide? Just trying to know reasons for denial here, since this sort of thing is of interest to whole community.

I hope your case will be solved soon.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

spokaneblueyes

Was your husband given anything at all when it was denied?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

The embassy had all the proof we had provied to immgration here in my home city of spokane wedding phones calling cards, about 150 emails. card he had sent me, copies of western union recipt where I sent him money. copies of my two differnt plane tickets I paid for. They interview him under outh and then interviewed me and then interview us in a differnt room and played a game they called the immigration game asking us question about what side of the bed we sleep on the color of the bedding the color of our tooth breshes.

my husband was never given any paper saying he was denied and now they are telling me the case is pending and they have interviewed our family in tunis.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi. I don't really have any advice or anything, other than maybe you can try getting into contact with a congressperson and asking for their help, but I just wanted to say that I hope you get this sorted out and his denial is overturned (F)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Timeline
The embassy had all the proof we had provied to immgration here in my home city of spokane wedding phones calling cards, about 150 emails. card he had sent me, copies of western union recipt where I sent him money. copies of my two differnt plane tickets I paid for. They interview him under outh and then interviewed me and then interview us in a differnt room and played a game they called the immigration game asking us question about what side of the bed we sleep on the color of the bedding the color of our tooth breshes.

my husband was never given any paper saying he was denied and now they are telling me the case is pending and they have interviewed our family in tunis.

I dont belive a word you are saying!

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
How can they interview your family members? Did they call them?

Sounds really strange...

Oh yeah, the officers can go to the families home and interview them to see if they feel the relationship is "legit." Happened to a friend of mine whose fiance was from Egypt. At the time they really didn't think much of it, they said some guy was walking around looking for his flat, when asked where he lived, they began asking questions regarding if he was married, engaged, etc. Once they thought about it, they figured out it was one of the officers checking him out.

The Embassy can interview family members its called " field investigation" it happens to all of us at the Pakistan Embassy.

what I find is a LIE - is how she is claiming it happen. if they find the marriage is for immigration reasons. they send the case to USICS with a NOIR/NOID. they dont suddenly change their minds 2 days later and do a Field investigation. this person is a lier. she is milking your sympathys for some bizzar reason.

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah sounds kinda fishy to me. If you were denied they tell you and give you a blue peice of paper and they will send the case back to the USA. they dont alway interview seperated but if they are doubting it they will.

I dont belive they denied then have a change of heart and feel guilty and say ok we sorry we interview the family.. it does not happen like that

Yeah sounds kinda fishy to me. If you were denied they tell you and give you a blue peice of paper and they will send the case back to the USA. they dont alway interview seperated but if they are doubting it they will.

I dont belive they denied then have a change of heart and feel guilty and say ok we sorry we interview the family.. it does not happen like that

That's what i thought... :wacko:

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

i am sorry to hear that..i am sure that has happened to people .....i hope the congresswoman can help you...i dont understand what made them think it was for immigration... sometimes i think it is just easier to marry them after they come to the US

That's what i thought... :wacko:

I thought something was up cos for them to deny a person is for a reason... especially being married and bringing your spouse... something isnt right here

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

What's not to believe? It sounds like they had a special "fraud interview" - a very intense interview when they suspect marriage fraud. I know there is another name for this type of interview as well and it doesn't seem to be all that unusual - look here for example: http://www.***removed***/greencard/familyba...-interview.html

I think the only confusing thing is that the consulate would have been required to provide a reason for the denial and advise on the next steps.

Edited by Kathryn41

What's not to believe? It sounds like they had a special "fraud interview" - a very intense interview when they suspect marriage fraud. I know there is another name for this type of interview as well and it doesn't seem to be all that unusual - look here for example: http://www.***removed***/greencard/familyba...-interview.html

I think the only confusing thing is that the consulate would have been required to provide a reason for the denial and advise on the next steps.

Well, the OP hasn't come back to post again....

Edited by Kathryn41

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

shonjaved,

Or, she doesn't correctly understand what happened or she does not express herself properly.

Both are quite common here at VJ - does that make most VJ'ers liars?

Yodrak

what I find is a LIE - is how she is claiming it happen. if they find the marriage is for immigration reasons. they send the case to USICS with a NOIR/NOID. they dont suddenly change their minds 2 days later and do a Field investigation. this person is a lier. she is milking your sympathys for some bizzar reason.

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.