Perry/Elena

Don't flame me too much but... all these co-sponsers?

123 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Yes, Love is grand and Love is everything......but one needs money to live and when one is to support another person, then money should play a big big factor into any decision. Yes if you need to temporarily place immigration as a lesser concern, then if you do have True Love, then both willl understand the need to wait. If not, then it wasn't true love to begin with. IMHO

To your point though, love doesn't buy groceries or keep the lights on.

Maybe they should apply the same income requirement to an American marrying another American.

Or go further with it. Make it illegal to get married under say, the age of twenty five. Or if you do marry young you must first be rendered sterile.

Why do you instantly assume that if a person is young they shouldn't be allowed to get married? I'm 22 (my wife is 24). I don't make a great living but I have a stable job and make more than three times the 125% poverty limit for our family of 2. Of course, my job is only as stable as anyone else's job in this economy, but being young it's easier for me to find another job if need be. I'm just a little miffed as to why you think that making a law that you can't marry under the age of 25 is a good idea. And yes, we do plan on having kids but not until she finishes her degree.

I think he was joking.

:D

:). Yeah, I'm not much good at electronic sarcasm.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Love is grand and Love is everything......but one needs money to live and when one is to support another person, then money should play a big big factor into any decision. Yes if you need to temporarily place immigration as a lesser concern, then if you do have True Love, then both willl understand the need to wait. If not, then it wasn't true love to begin with. IMHO

To your point though, love doesn't buy groceries or keep the lights on.

Maybe they should apply the same income requirement to an American marrying another American.

Or go further with it. Make it illegal to get married under say, the age of twenty five. Or if you do marry young you must first be rendered sterile.

Why do you instantly assume that if a person is young they shouldn't be allowed to get married? I'm 22 (my wife is 24). I don't make a great living but I have a stable job and make more than three times the 125% poverty limit for our family of 2. Of course, my job is only as stable as anyone else's job in this economy, but being young it's easier for me to find another job if need be. I'm just a little miffed as to why you think that making a law that you can't marry under the age of 25 is a good idea. And yes, we do plan on having kids but not until she finishes her degree.

I think he was joking.

:D

:). Yeah, I'm not much good at electronic sarcasm.

Yes I was :D

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
. Lest we forget the lessons of VALSU!!!

Can someone point me to this lesson? I missed it...

the beginning:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=163060&hl=

the end:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=166981&hl=

the guy was a self righteous idiot who failed to manage his relationship with his immigrant wife, and failed to manage her status. he ran around threads on thsi board blaming everybody except himself, even when he said it was his fault. he had a special relationship with god, so he was OK.

the search function will show you the ####### in between. just use the advanced search and enter valsu under username as your only criteria. search only in the major changes forum.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I'm 22 with a college degree and make well above the poverty line. I had money in the bank for AOS. But does anyone else think that $1010 for adjustment of status is ridiculous? How do they justify that? That's a lot of money.

The whole immigration process has quite damaged my faith in and respect towards the American government. I pay around 20% of my income in federal income taxes. Then there are sales taxes, gas taxes, license tabs, SSI, and medicare taxes. But if you want the government to do something (or in reality, just get out of your way) you have to pay an arm and a leg anyways.

And the whole income requirements wouldn't be a problem if the government didn't have so many entitlement/public benefit programs that I have to pay for but don't get to use since I fell in love with a Russian girl.

Russian girls are like WAY better than welfare...but YOU still get to use welfare if you want, only SHE cannot. Now you have the best of both worlds

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Says the middle aged American with a a beatiful ( and relatively young) fiancee from *very* far away. Gawd, the hypocrisiy in this thread makes me wanna...ahh forget it. Uh and before you fire away I own a small business and thankfully make a 6 figure salary so no worries here. (I am 32, hispanic and with fiancee, who's 24, who's from same country as mine)

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
I don't understand why the USCIS only accepts sponsor help from Americans. My fiance's family is just better off then my family in general. My fiance said if for any reason we were struggling and needed money, his family would send us money. And my my fiance is planning to save up a lot of money before moving, so he would have enough to support himself in the U.S. until he gets his green card. It bugs me that none of this counts...

:thumbs: :thumbs: I'm with you on that one!!!

But that's just my personal opinion.... :whistle:

I guess the easy answer (or question) is... how would they enforce this?

Not sure they actually enforce any of them... actually....

To those that understood my point was to put the spotlight on personal responsibility and to think things through. Thanks.

To those that think... love is all you need... sigh....

To everyone... my wishes of nothing but happy days...

You said it "to those that think....love is all you need..sigh..." I am guessing you are implying one needs a big, fat wallet to attract a younger, pretty wife?? :yes: ahh nevermind...dont answer! :D

We're using a co-sponsor because we're both recently out of college and/or looking for something stable.

Yes you could say that we should have waited until we were able to do this alone, but in my fiance's area, there was NOTHING for a long period of time, I'm talking years. He had to work for $8 p/h for a while, so even though he had something stable, it wasn't enough to support us according to the government.

We had already waited 2 years from when we met online, waited another 3 years from when we met in person (because of money), and quite frankly, we wanted to be together and the money wasn't going to keep us apart. Saying that if we loved each other then we would have waited is judgemental and inaccurate. We feel we've waited long enough to show that we have a stable foundation in our relationship, especially at our age (22/25) where long distance for 6 years is incredibly hard.

My in-laws have been in our position, they were scraping money together for coffee some days. They've given us plenty of advice. Not to mention that my own mother was married young (17/37, big age gap, deal with it) and they struggled on the one salary, but it didn't matter ultimately. Yes money is important, but how you deal with the problems is the MOST important. We don't buy luxuries, we're sensible with what we spend for activities and whenever we're stressed out, we're still careful not to splurge (whereas my coupled friends often release their stress by going out together, etc).

Anyways, now we have a job that makes just above the poverty level. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I feel like our situation is a lot like yours Gemmie. It's going to be a long time before I can ever make enough to sponsor my fiance on my own. I am not done with college. My fiance and I have been together for over 4 years, and I also feel like we have been dealing with this long distance relationship for long enough... It's really hard, and I haven't even been in this relationship as long as you have been in yours. As many times we have been together in person and that we have been together this long should show that we have a stable foundation in our relationship, and we are young couple too, we are both 24 years old. I'm lucky my mom will be a co-sponsor for us, because if not, we would have to spend many more years apart, and that is heart breaking... I think I would have a hard time concentrating on school, or anything else thinking how we will be separated for many more years... It would be extremely depressing. I already feel a little depressed thinking how long it will be until we see each other again, we're not sure when that will be. I am waiting to start the K-1 process until I get a job... I'm just assuming it would be a bad idea to start the process when I don't have a job yet, since my mom doesn't meet the deadline without my income as well... I quit my job in December to go to Finland to visit my fiance but I couldn't get my job back when I came back home. :( So I'm currently job hunting...

Edited by BirdyGirl85
VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I feel like our situation is a lot like yours Gemmie. It's going to be a long time before I can ever make enough to sponsor my fiance on my own. I am not done with college. My fiance and I have been together for over 4 years, and I also feel like we have been dealing with this long distance relationship for long enough... It's really hard, and I haven't even been in this relationship as long as you have been in yours. As many times we have been together in person and that we have been together this long should show that we have a stable foundation in our relationship, and we are young couple too, we are both 24 years old. I'm lucky my mom will be a co-sponsor for us, because if not, we would have to spend many more years apart, and that is heart breaking... I think I would have a hard time concentrating on school, or anything else thinking how we will be separated for many more years... It would be extremely depressing. I already feel a little depressed thinking how long it will be until we see each other again, we're not sure when that will be. I am waiting to start the K-1 process until I get a job... I'm just assuming it would be a bad idea to start the process when I don't have a job yet, since my mom doesn't meet the deadline without my income as well... I quit my job in December to go to Finland to visit my fiance but I couldn't get my job back when I came back home. :( So I'm currently job hunting...

Good luck! I just finished my bachelor's and although I make above the poverty line I'm still looking for something better. The job market is rough right now but there are jobs... you just have to look for them!

Right now the federal government is hiring, I know the IRS is for sure... take a look sometimes they have part-time jobs that work with college schedules.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

I understand, BirdyGirl.

I also believe it's unfair to think people should wait possibly years until they're financially above a certain level - when there are millions of USC's getting together and marrying, making families, etc ALL the time. I'm not saying that it's right for them to do that, I think it depends on the situation; but are we to restrict *everyone* from getting together in person until they've reached a certain tier of income? How many USC couples would even stay together if they were told they couldn't see physically together until they got a job paying x amount? Don't make judgements of immigrant situations.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
rantmode

I know most likely I should just be keeping my mouth shut but... there really seems to be much discussion about people needing co-sponsers to be 125% above the poverty line.

(This is not directed at young couples who are just finishing college with a bright future ahead of them)

I guess... maybe it is just me... but if you are some middle aged guy who is still not making 125% of the poverty line... maybe you should concentrate your life efforts more on improving you life's postiion rather then finding a bride from a foreign country.

Marriage is tough enough without the cultural issues and money matters of scraping by. Just because you are an American and in their eyes ... all Americans are rich... don't start believing it yourself.

/rantmode

Well you knew you would offend the liberals on here by even suggesting that it is irresponsible to try to bring someone else to this country when you can't feed yourself. I totally agree with you. It really is all about Maslow's Heiarchy. You need to take care of basic essentials before you go trying to sponser someone into the country. I don't care if other people don't want to hear the truth. Most people don't. But the truth is still the truth.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Old British Arab proverb> the girl who sells thier body/ life for more($) , will end up wanting more and more ($)

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I understand, BirdyGirl.

I also believe it's unfair to think people should wait possibly years until they're financially above a certain level - when there are millions of USC's getting together and marrying, making families, etc ALL the time. I'm not saying that it's right for them to do that, I think it depends on the situation; but are we to restrict *everyone* from getting together in person until they've reached a certain tier of income? How many USC couples would even stay together if they were told they couldn't see physically together until they got a job paying x amount? Don't make judgements of immigrant situations.

Ha! ha! Ha! If you heard of a man/woman with a puppy whom he didn't feed or bathe or take out for a walk etc. - you will be willing to hang him for it (I am) - But one can get a woman/man and not feed or clothe or take care of him/her and it is OK with you? The US citizens who do it are not very bright - when they work in McDonald's they should not be driving a Mercedes Or start a family Or get married without thinking of the Most important thing - Finances. If you don;t have the money you should not marry/have children or even have a pet. Those who do are not very intelligent and are drawing this nation down with their self greed - this is not what I choose to do; nor should you. Marriage is a very important decision involving a lot of emotional and financial support - if you lack it - don't do it. Same thing with having children or pets or a car even! Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.