Perry/Elena

Don't flame me too much but... all these co-sponsers?

123 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

rantmode

I know most likely I should just be keeping my mouth shut but... there really seems to be much discussion about people needing co-sponsers to be 125% above the poverty line.

(This is not directed at young couples who are just finishing college with a bright future ahead of them)

I guess... maybe it is just me... but if you are some middle aged guy who is still not making 125% of the poverty line... maybe you should concentrate your life efforts more on improving you life's postiion rather then finding a bride from a foreign country.

Marriage is tough enough without the cultural issues and money matters of scraping by. Just because you are an American and in their eyes ... all Americans are rich... don't start believing it yourself.

/rantmode

04/16/2009 - I-129F Mailed to CSC

04/17/2009 - Recieved at 10:53 AM

04/30/2009 - NOA1

05/04/2009 - Check shows up at local bank

05/05/2009 - Last updated

06/01/2009 - Updated address online... really hated to do this but moved to a new house

06/04/2009 - Date on address change letter

06/05/2009 - Last updated

07/23/2009 - NOA2

07/28/2009 - NOA2 in mail

08/10/2009 - Left NVC for Kyiv (Never got anything in the mail - told via phone call)

08/25/2009 - Called call center and scheduled interview for September 3rd.

08/29/2009 - Find letter from NVC was sent to the address on the application not the new one.

09/03/2009 - Interview day results - she needs a UK police report - never stayed there for 6 months but with combined trips was over 10 months.

09/16/2009 - turned in UK Police Certificate

09/18/2009 - Picked up visa and sealed env. from Fedex office after 1800.

09/19.2009 - We are together in Minnesota - 5 months and a couple days later

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Actually I think the same thing often.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

money isn't everything to everybody. familes of 4 or 5 get by on 45,000$ a year salary all the time and some people would think thats insane but it happens.

if you love someone, money shouldn't matter.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:blink:

wow...

maybe you should concentrate your life efforts more on improving you life's postiion rather then finding a bride from a foreign country.

*I* am well above the poverty line today... With the economy the way it is, who knows what tomorrow brings :wacko:

I would hate to judge someone based on age and income... life is about more than money...

And love happens even to the poor :whistle:

So what if you were laid off tomorrow??? should you abandon your love and focus on your "life's position" instead??

When your dead and gone your money wont matter, it's the lives you've touched and the love you gave that will.

If my "life's position" was measured by money I would be a a sad soul, not to mention a wreck in the economy today smiley-rolleyes008.gif

what does this have to do with a K-1? moving

:dance::rofl::bonk:

:blink:

wow...

maybe you should concentrate your life efforts more on improving you life's postiion rather then finding a bride from a foreign country.

*I* am well above the poverty line today... With the economy the way it is, who knows what tomorrow brings :wacko:

I would hate to judge someone based on age and income... life is about more than money...

And love happens even to the poor :whistle:

So what if you were laid off tomorrow??? should you abandon your love and focus on your "life's position" instead??

When your dead and gone your money wont matter, it's the lives you've touched and the love you gave that will.

If my "life's position" was measured by money I would be a a sad soul, not to mention a wreck in the economy today smiley-rolleyes008.gif

lovely response my dear.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
don't forget your flame suite

flame_suit.jpg

Why not?If you can think it,why not say it?Sure there are some really poor Americans.

S

01/28/2009==K1 interview/approved

01/30/2009==entered USA

04/24/2009==Grand Canyon wedding

Late May==AOS package sent

08/28/2009==interview/approved

09/02/2009==Card production ordered

09/08/2009==Greencard received

Removal Of Conditions

Sent package 6/16/2011

NOA 6/24/2011

Bio appointment 7/13/2011 SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR FOR CITIZENSHIP

Approval date 9/13/2011

Card received 9/18/2011

Mezoh/Randy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes, Love is grand and Love is everything......but one needs money to live and when one is to support another person, then money should play a big big factor into any decision. Yes if you need to temporarily place immigration as a lesser concern, then if you do have True Love, then both willl understand the need to wait. If not, then it wasn't true love to begin with. IMHO

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

To a certain extent I agree with you. People don't want to admit it sometimes, but money IS a part of marriage and if you are not in a stable position you don't have a comfortable foundation for an already difficult, new lifestyle change. And I include college grads in this, because I was one pretty recently but I could not file until I had all of this stuff settled (paycheck, apartment, etc.)

But if you spend your time judging the various ways people meet/bring their fiance/e over here you'll be tearing your hair out forever. You have an issue with cosponsoring, maybe some people have an issue with how/where/whatever blah blah you met your fiance.

who cares what other people are doing? all i care about is my fiance, not everyone else's, and that includes you perry. :D i wish you (and everyone on VJ) the best in your process but ultimately I'm only concerned with me and my fiance not everyone else's. I'm not marrying anyone else on VJ or living in their house so let them do what they want.

And to all the people who are using that popcorn eating icon anticipating a good old fashioned flame war *rollz*, let him have an opinion, because there is a kernel of truth in it which I agree with in CERTAIN cases, not all. It is very idealistic and naive to think that money doesn't have anything to do with marriage. Do you have to be rich, no, but do you have to be ABLE TO EAT, yeah.

Filed for removal of conditions: April 26, 2012

NOA: April 30, 2012 (received May 10, 2012)

Biometrics: June 8, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
rantmode

I know most likely I should just be keeping my mouth shut but... there really seems to be much discussion about people needing co-sponsers to be 125% above the poverty line.

(This is not directed at young couples who are just finishing college with a bright future ahead of them)

I guess... maybe it is just me... but if you are some middle aged guy who is still not making 125% of the poverty line... maybe you should concentrate your life efforts more on improving you life's postiion rather then finding a bride from a foreign country.

Marriage is tough enough without the cultural issues and money matters of scraping by. Just because you are an American and in their eyes ... all Americans are rich... don't start believing it yourself.

/rantmode

I agree completely with you .have seen some myself.Am glad you said it,good.

01/28/2009==K1 interview/approved

01/30/2009==entered USA

04/24/2009==Grand Canyon wedding

Late May==AOS package sent

08/28/2009==interview/approved

09/02/2009==Card production ordered

09/08/2009==Greencard received

Removal Of Conditions

Sent package 6/16/2011

NOA 6/24/2011

Bio appointment 7/13/2011 SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR FOR CITIZENSHIP

Approval date 9/13/2011

Card received 9/18/2011

Mezoh/Randy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Maybe they should apply the same income requirement to an American marrying another American.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.